Portable Stable Pocket Dimension

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Could a Void Stable suit the collecting of pets purpose?

Yes
65%
Be A Gold Sink
30%
No
No votes
Got To Many Slots Already
5%
Blizzard won't do it
No votes

Total votes: 20

Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Portable Stable Pocket Dimension

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

The PSPD, maybe with the Void Elf mingling with the Ethereal a bit, maybe their void technology could create a PSPD to expand on the hunters stables adding s huge Void Stable like the Void Storage or recondition the Void Storage into one to collect more pets by chance?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Portable Stable Pocket Dimension

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think this is actually a rather clever idea for the stable dilemma. :)

A 'void storage', to me, would feel separate enough from the main pets that I think people who prefer keeping a smaller stable wouldn't feel pressured to buy it, while those who did want to keep a larger collection could have an option to do so without it interfering with the others.

This is a nice compromise honestly, especially if it had similar gold sink features like the Void Storage does. It could be something of a luxury that people could purchase if they were intent on keeping many pets and it wouldn't reflect as much on the class flavour as a whole.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think if it works like the current void storage, where you'd pay every time you place a pet there, it would lead to more thoughtfulness. I like it.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It's like a less attractive, cheaper version of the instanced "pet meadow", and therefore more likely to happen. It could be adequate.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This could certainly work, though it would be a bit... weird... thematically. I would rather the cost be associated with the slots themselves and not the retrieval of pets, since adding cost to retrieval and usage of pets would "punish" a gameplay style that is good and healthy (using various pets). Adding more slots deals with the problem of limited storage relative to the number of tameable skins, but the charge should be tied to the storage, not the usage. I would be strongly against that notion. Void storage was all about storage, and not intended for things to be put in and out of frequently. Stables aren't like that, and shouldn't punish pulling pets out of it. We want to encourage varied pet usage and solve the stable slot problem. Theres no need to pick only one of those things, there are solutions that encourage both and both are good to encourage.

This all depending on how high the costs would be, of course, but I assume they would be high enough to be somewhat prohibitive, or else why have them? Charge for the slot, not the usage, and I would be good to go!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just let the stable look like and use the same mechanics as the battle pet journal; 1000 pets, sort by species/spec/name, and just let us cram a huge menagerie into a pocket dimension run by an Ethereal zookeeper.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I wouldn't mind a Pet "Void Stable", but I do mind there being some ridiculous cap like 1k. Maybe another 50 slots or something, but not 1k.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

What would I even do with that many pets? I'd forget what all I had hoarded away in there!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I feel like this is a good option and seems the most likely to be incorporated from other ideas I've seen brought up. Those who need it have it; those who need it don't have to get it. Seems fair enough to me :)
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Meh. I miss the old days. Actual choice, pets were rare because you couldn't tame 50 of them. You could find something unique and be distinct..
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As do I. I miss when your choice in pets mattered more since you could only have a few, and thus the ones you tamed and kept were much more meaningful.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

I feel this is a good compromise with the void stable idea from another post and I'm always glad to hear new ideas :D