Will Spirit Beasts get an updated model too?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Will Spirit Beasts get an updated model too?

Unread post by Bluefire »

With all the old models getting updates a thought came to mind. What about some of the Spirit beasts? I know Arcturus didn't get an update with all the bears, so do you all think they will leave all of them as they are or possibly update some of them too? Personally I would like to see some of them receive some touching up at the least, or if there will be new ones something other than a spectral whatever. Thoughts?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Will Spirit Beasts get an updated model too?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility, but for now we haven't seen any indication that their models are getting updated. I imagine Arcturis wasn't because he was a specialized bear model and I guess they were too lazy to make a new version. If they ever update the big cats then maybe we'd see it applied to Gondria and such, but we can only wait and see.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

While I would love to see faithful updates, the absolute (excuse my french) shitstorm it could cause is unsettling to think about.

However just thinking of Loque in the updated style/details like the new BfA tiger, it would be insane!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's entirely possible, though like has been said, it could cause a huge amount of backlash if not done right. Most Spirit Beasts require either luck or tons of camping in order to obtain. When they are finally tamed, there is usually a strong bond between the hunter and the Spirit Beast due to how much time and patience it took to get them. So, if Blizz doesn't give them a faithful update, then people could feel like that Blizz is changing/taking away the companion they spent so much time in obtaining.

It may just be safer for Blizz to not touch them. They will gradually look more and more outdated, but they won't have to worry about backlash over changing them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I personally want Arcturis to use the new bear model, because it's absolutely 100% improved, but only if it's got the EXACT same ghostly effect, invisible ass and all.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I would not be against an updated version of Loque'Nahak myself.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

As long as they are faithful updates, I'd love to see them!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Teigan wrote:As long as they are faithful updates, I'd love to see them!
This! I have definitely wanted my precious Skoll to have a updated wolf model. Same with good old Arc. Like others have said there'd be massive backlash if it wasn't done perfect. People would rage quit the game. :lol: I do really hope the sabers, Skoll, Arc & Ghostcrawler get a good brushing & grooming.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wish we could fiddle with the colors to see a mockup imagining of what updating spirit beasts would look like, using the HD cats and wolves and bears etc.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Quiv wrote:I wish we could fiddle with the colors to see a mockup imagining of what updating spirit beasts would look like, using the HD cats and wolves and bears etc.
Miscellaneous skin mash-ups Wain???? :hug: ;)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Tooth
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Unread post by Tooth »

Bluefire wrote:With all the old models getting updates a thought came to mind. What about some of the Spirit beasts? I know Arcturus didn't get an update with all the bears, so do you all think they will leave all of them as they are or possibly update some of them too? Personally I would like to see some of them receive some touching up at the least, or if there will be new ones something other than a spectral whatever. Thoughts?
It is still Alpha, anything could happen since it's very early. If people (mostly, Alpha testers) request for updated models, sometimes Blizzard WILL do it.

I was the one who requested Doe Travel Forms during Alpha of Legion, I made a post, got support, and then, 3 days later, or 5, they added the "Glyph of the Doe" after my post.

They do listen, when wanting things - Alpha is the perfect time.

Don't we also get spirit beasts each expansion, though?