I hate the new pet models

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

I hate the new pet models

Unread post by Lamiara »

yes, this is a rant from someone who has had most of their pets longer than 10 years.

I'm aware that these so-called "updates"- no matter whether environment, player models, spells or animations- are highly requested and often very much liked by many simply due to the fact that they are "new".
However, new doesn't really mean better, numbers of pixels notwithstanding.

In the case of player models and such we've already seen that the mantra seems to be not to re-make existing models with better textures, but to simply change them, some beyond recognition, and this is exactly what will be happening to many pets come BfA.

One of my main pets is a white windserpent, and I'm not happy.
I'd be perfectly fine if all the new windserpents, giant cobras, etc were added as new additions while the original models remain untouched, but noooo, of course the new stuff has to be force-fed to everyone.

I don't see much improvement on any of the new models, tbh. Maybe a few more pixes and polys, but the forms of the old ones were often clearer and nicer.
And what's up with the colours?

Why is the blue windserpent now a brownish black?
The red one a ruddish-brown?
The white one a light brown?
And they all got chubbier and less graceful to boot.

I won't be using any pets that get such a "new model", that's for sure.
I can only hope they won't put their grubby fingers on the cobras, or arcane serpents.
With their hatred for vibrant colours and sleek elegant forms, I can imagine how that would turn out.

And no, I won't play the "classic" server, most of the pets (and playable races) I like most did not even exist back then.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: I hate the new pet models

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is why the other two threada exist. Most likely, we won't be able to make major changes to the overall model and texture, but I think that it ia definately possible for worst offenders in terms of color to be changed.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Re: I hate the new pet models

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Don't lose all hope yet they might do the same thing like they did with bears.
what i mean is there might be a new rare using the old model ;)
and some of the new one are good like the lava tarantula or the new hyenas.