Alpha ingame screenshots

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Alpha ingame screenshots

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:Just for more proof that lighting/effects might be off at the moment, I saw a voidwalker and it was white. :lol:

Are you using DirectX 12?

I tried it out and it dropped me to 1 FPS, so I won't be using it, but I noticed it had a ton of lighting problems (like my nightborne's hair randomly glowed, dropped glow, repeat.)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:This has been happening to me too! They'd been working fine until the recent build that unlocked Vol'dun. I have no idea what's causing it, at first I wondered if Blizz was trying to censor things but that wouldn't make sense, and I can still paste a raw screenshot into an editing program to get it.

Annoying though. :p
So the screenshot still copies correctly to your clipboard, but the file it outputs is screwed up? Interesting. Not happening to me (at least not since the day Vol'dun came out). Wonder what the difference is. I'd have to confirm my resolution at home but pretty sure its 1920x1080.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

How to realign your screenshots all at once, if you're getting that garbled diagonal stuff. You will need Irfanview and its plugins. It works for both tga and jpeg screenshots, if you take tga screenshots, you'll get a more accurate end result.
Step 1: Converting your screenshots to RAW data.

Make a note of the original image resolution, like 720x576.
In Irfanview, File -> Batch Conversion/Rename (or just hit 'b' on your keyboard).
Work As: Leave as Batch conversion, it means you're doing them all in one batch.
Batch conversion settings: Change to RAW. Click on options, verify they're RGB and Interleaved.
Output directory... Wherever you want, just remember it. It is probably better to not use your original screenshot directory.

Look in: browse to your WoW Beta/Screenshots directory.
Files of type: ok to leave as 'common graphic files' for now.
Click the Add all button.
When Input files has a list of your files (as shown), click Start Batch in the bottom lefthand part of the window.
When you are able to Exit Batch, do so.

Step 2: Finding the right resolution.

In Irfanview, File->Open and go to your 'output directory' from earlier.
Open one of your RAW files.
Image width / height: For now, use the dimensions you noted at the very beginning.
Make sure 24 BPP is selected (lower left), and Color order is RGB and Interleaved are selected (lower right).
Leave the "don't show this dialog..." checkbox unchecked, for now.
Click ok.
The image will be your garbled image. If the diagonal lines are going down and to the right, you will need to increase your image's width.
File->Reopen (or shift r). Increase the width a little. In the ballpark of 8, not 80. Click ok. Your diagonal lines should have changed. If not, something is wrong, and I don't know what. If your lines are still to the right, but less so, then increase your width again. If they're to the left, you've overshot, and you should decrease your width a little. Keep adjusting until your image looks 'normal'.
Once it is normal, reopen one more time. Do not adjust the width. Do check the box Don't show this dialog again....

Step 3: Converting your RAW data to images you can share (optional)
In Irfanview, File -> Batch Conversion/Rename (or just hit 'b' on your keyboard).
You will see the same dialog as step 1, but you will do a couple of things differently.
Output Format: png or whatever other practical format you prefer.
Output directory: It's probably best to use yet another directory, in case you do more conversions later.

Look in: Your 'output directory' from step 1. Don't panic if it looks empty.
Files of type: All files (*.*)
Add all the RAW images you want to convert to a practical image format.
Start Batch, exit batch when done. If you get the 'RAW parameters' window from step 2, double check you've checked the checkbox "don't show this dialog".

You should now have your screenshots that look like something, and that you can share. You can delete the RAW files now.
Attachments
screenfix.png
screenfix.png (374.28 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
screenfix2.png
screenfix2.png (313.38 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Thanks for the guide. :) I'm just gonna stick to opening Paint and pasting the image data into it, then saving it until they officially fix it.

But nice to know there's a way to fix the screenshots I already lost, thanks! :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

And they've been fixed! To celebrate, here's one of the first alpha pics I took, recaptured.

I really want this as a mount, lol.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Myzou wrote:And they've been fixed! To celebrate, here's one of the first alpha pics I took, recaptured.

Oh boy do I have good news for you! http://www.wowhead.com/item=140354/vicious-war-trike
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Quiv wrote:
Myzou wrote:And they've been fixed! To celebrate, here's one of the first alpha pics I took, recaptured.

Oh boy do I have good news for you! http://www.wowhead.com/item=140354/vicious-war-trike
Ugh. It's PvP, and Horde only. :/

PvP mounts are terrible. They are character-specific. :/
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Myzou wrote:
Quiv wrote:

Ugh. It's PvP, and Horde only. :/

PvP mounts are terrible. They are character-specific. :/
I think Vicious Mounts are account-wide now.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Found one of the Mechanical Tigers! P4-N73R4 is a rare located atop of pile of scrap in The Rusted Vault in Tiragarde Sound. :)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Found one of the Mechanical Tigers! P4-N73R4 is a rare located atop of pile of scrap in The Rusted Vault in Tiragarde Sound. :)

Very cool. 'Pantera' :lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

I really hope it's a rare in the WoD/Legion style rares, in that it has a very short respawn. Lol.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Myzou wrote:I really hope it's a rare in the WoD/Legion style rares, in that it has a very short respawn. Lol.
It is. Someone arrived and killed it whilst doing quests in the area. Respawned within a minute :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dolphins, which are called Tideskippers, seen ingame

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Myzou wrote:I really hope it's a rare in the WoD/Legion style rares, in that it has a very short respawn. Lol.
I think I'm gonna start calling those MillennialRares. (In other words, not really rare at all).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
I think I'm gonna start calling those MillennialRares. (In other words, not really rare at all).
But you have to spend an hour farming smashed avocado on toast to lure them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found five more of the Mechanical Tigers! They are involved in a vignette event, though it isn't complete yet. They seems to be a Voltron reference :)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, that is awesome!!! I joked about it on our official page but I didn't realize they were actually doing it :)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Thats almost the exact same quote from the Deadpool movie when Waid buys the Voltron ring from the ticket guy.
"FYI, five mini lion-bots come together to form one super-bot, so..." :D :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The new tawny variant for bears was only used on a friendly npc for a while. However, there is now the Windshorn Grizzly which uses the tawny variant and there are plenty of them :)