Alpha ingame screenshots

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Alpha ingame screenshots

Unread post by Thwip »

I am so stupid excited for those new raptors. Ahaha.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Some of that Ravasaur's behavior would be fun as an idle or a trick. The wandering off or remaining in place are just bugs that'll be fixed at some point. Some goes for the falcon being an exotic :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Interesting. When I was beast lore'ing everything in sight, I'd swear those ravasaurs were untameable. The only beast I've encountered in my poking around, that I could tame, was a wasp.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

How much trouble would it be to get an in-game screenshot of Karkin in Molten Front? Can you character copy on Alpha? Unlocking the full Hyjal zone would be a bit much, understandably, but I am very curious to see how Karkin looks in game. His old model, new model, and wowhead 3D model aren't matching too well, I am curious if he has some kind of special visual.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Artill wrote:Another 1 of the new raptors (my fav one personally)

Where are these raptors (and the compies) Everyone I've come across still says un-tamable. :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Quiv wrote:How much trouble would it be to get an in-game screenshot of Karkin in Molten Front? Can you character copy on Alpha? Unlocking the full Hyjal zone would be a bit much, understandably, but I am very curious to see how Karkin looks in game. His old model, new model, and wowhead 3D model aren't matching too well, I am curious if he has some kind of special visual.
Second thing I did with my alpha access (after fixing my transmog on these premade characters—character copies aren't currently available) was go out to the Molten Front (and report some of the nearly-gamebreaking bugs I found in the questline along the way) to check on Karkin. I've only ever seen Skarr up; granted, I was not smart enough to TAME Skarr so that something else could spawn without a server reset (it only just occurred to me to do that while I was writing this, which I have now done) so I'll continue to keep an eye out for Karkin, but yeah. Definitely working on that, cos I had the same question.

(It means that my Demon Hunter is the one going through and testing new content, but that's fine since BM hasn't changed at all and is still super boring, qq)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I hope rabbits become tameable
Artill
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Artill »

lilaughingwolf wrote:
Artill wrote:Another 1 of the new raptors (my fav one personally)

snip
Where are these raptors (and the compies) Everyone I've come across still says un-tamable. :)
The raptors were a bit towards the east of Zuldazar, think I was traveling towards the Warbeast Kraal flightpath from the big temple. There are 2 big white Brutosaurs(the big long neck dinosaurs) close by.

The compies I found all the way to the east in Nazmir(eastsouth of the map close to the sea), only the bigger ones were tamable as there are also smaller ones.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Xella wrote:
Quiv wrote:How much trouble would it be to get an in-game screenshot of Karkin in Molten Front? Can you character copy on Alpha? Unlocking the full Hyjal zone would be a bit much, understandably, but I am very curious to see how Karkin looks in game. His old model, new model, and wowhead 3D model aren't matching too well, I am curious if he has some kind of special visual.
Second thing I did with my alpha access (after fixing my transmog on these premade characters—character copies aren't currently available) was go out to the Molten Front (and report some of the nearly-gamebreaking bugs I found in the questline along the way) to check on Karkin. I've only ever seen Skarr up; granted, I was not smart enough to TAME Skarr so that something else could spawn without a server reset (it only just occurred to me to do that while I was writing this, which I have now done) so I'll continue to keep an eye out for Karkin, but yeah. Definitely working on that, cos I had the same question.

(It means that my Demon Hunter is the one going through and testing new content, but that's fine since BM hasn't changed at all and is still super boring, qq)
You da real MVP, thanks for all the trouble!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Karkin update: after three Skarrs in a row, Karkin finally spawned. Here's what he currently looks like in Molten Front, with the odd orangey-red lighting:
Obviously he's still rocking the wrong skin, but I nabbed him and took him to Stormwind's (relatively) normal lighting for easier comparison.

Here's what he looks like there:

Compared to both Karkin and the Moonshell Crab from Shadowmoon Valley (the skin that he's currently using erroneously) on live:
ImageImage

On live servers, both Karkin and the Moonshell have a special... ooh I forget the proper term, but they're both shiny, and so some of their edges shine as the light hits them and they move. On the alpha, Karkin's skin DOES have that shininess but it is SIGNIFICANTLY duller, which (when combined with the lower contrast skin) makes him look very dull, comparatively. Think of it like... live Karkin's shine is like a mirror or a knife, and alpha Karkin's shine is like a textured plastic milk jug.

On the flip side, alpha Karkin has a little... "breath poof" by his mouth, as if he was constantly in cold temperatures and you could see the moisture from his exhalations, and it leaves a little trail behind him if he runs fast enough.

Here's a video comparing alpha Karkin to live Karkin and the live Moonshell, since it's hard to catch the live shine.

(Completely unrelated: did you know that you can still die in Northrend and "rez" in Westfall on live servers? It's true; Karkin's taming took me a little too long and I forgot I was in an unsafe area on my live client, lmao)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I'm sure they just haven't gotten around to giving him the proper skin, but that is alpha for you. Still good to know. Thanks for taking a look, Xella :)
Artill

Unread post by Artill »

new build, more checking arround.

Piggy!

Which is apparently a stag :o
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Would be an interesting addition to the boar family, though I question whether it is intentional or not.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh how neat. I love that pig... I hope for those of you which plays that it is intentional! Its kinda spooky or is it just me..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Artill

Unread post by Artill »

Seems that they also change some hunter shooting stance animation of some races/gender. One very noticable the Void Elf male (probably also blood elf male)

On live:

on Alpha:

Male Night Elf also a bit changed(atm no live pic):
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

It seems like the scarabs from Ahn'Qiraj hasn't been updated yet. I haven't checked whether or not the other ones has been updated though.
And I love my orc's posture! :headbang:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Artill

Unread post by Artill »

In Uldum some of the Sand-Husk Scarab which come in 2 colours (Copper and Orange) using the new beetle model. The copper one is using the new tan one in Alpha.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

A few new friends I went to see in person. :)

Tarantulas are just as wonderful as I expected them to be. <3 I can't criticize these models at all honestly, they're so adorable and fluffy now.

The wind serpents look fantastic. These are such a high quality model with great texturing and details. I actually do love this skin variant (it reminds me of Skorn), I just wish they'd also make a secondary one that still had the dark blue belly as well.

And onto the hyenas. I really don't mind the model itself too much, but boy are these puppies ever saturated. Truth be told, on the purple one, I kind of like it, but that's because I love purple. I still believe these skins could benefit from a second pass to adjust the colours and textures a bit (the brown nose still looks out of place to me on most of them). But I don't have a lot of qualms with the updated model, it looks pretty good in motion and definitely has personality. I'd be happy with the purple one because that's the only hyena I've ever owned.

I've got a lot more exploring to do but those are a few of the ones I wanted to see immediately. I still stand by my original thoughts which are there's not much of a problem with the new models themselves, it's only the colour choices that rub me the wrong way in some cases. I really hope once we compile our feedback the artists might be willing to take a look at some and adjust or even add some additional skins.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_032118_224526.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032118_224526.jpg (236.94 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
WoWScrnShot_032118_224447.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032118_224447.jpg (253.98 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
WoWScrnShot_032118_224335.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032118_224335.jpg (226.04 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Hey Veph, congrats on getting in! Looking forward to seeing some high-quality pics of purple and green lizards, isopods, and diemetradons :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There aren't many Saurolisks that are currently tamable, but there are couple that are :)
Attachments
Green Saurolisk
Green Saurolisk
WoWScrnShot_032118_233139.jpg (324.11 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
Brown Saurolisk
Brown Saurolisk
WoWScrnShot_032118_233500.jpg (300.52 KiB) Viewed 3850 times