New Alpha Tamable - White raven!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Boudica79
Realm: Dragonblight

New Alpha Tamable - White raven!

Unread post by Boudica79 »

The carrion bird with the white raven appearance is tamable. It's a rare called Nevermore (loving the reference there Blizzard!) and it can be found sat on a crypt. Will have to go back and recheck whereabouts he was but it's in Drustvar NE of Arom's stand. Beastlore shows the pet as an exotic before taming but after taming it shows as a plain old carrion bird.
Attachments
Location for Nevermore
Location for Nevermore
WoWScrnShot_032718_180444.jpg (113.56 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
Nevermore - white carrion bird appearance
Nevermore - white carrion bird appearance
WoWScrnShot_032718_181740.jpg (109.06 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: New Alpha Tamable - White raven!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thanks for the report, but this info is already included on my list :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I remember reading once about the Morrígu in Irish mythology, where they could take the form of corvids and each of them had a different color. One was red, one was black, and the other was white. Or maybe the white one was a hooded crow. I don't remember how well attested the source was, it might have been modern fiction even. Regardless of that, I think it would be cool to have strangely colored ravens pop up with dire beast or stampede or even the Hati talent (if it ever appealed to me). I like this white raven for that, I guess I'll just have to imagine a red one.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its such a great skin, I'm glad they made it!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I really like the red eyes!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Boudica79 wrote:The carrion bird with the white raven appearance is tamable. It's a rare called Nevermore (loving the reference there Blizzard!) and it can be found sat on a crypt. Will have to go back and recheck whereabouts he was but it's in Drustvar NE of Arom's stand. Beastlore shows the pet as an exotic before taming but after taming it shows as a plain old carrion bird.
I know this thread and info is already catalogued but, I wanted to add that it's weird that it's listed as "Exotic". Like you, I tamed him and it specifically said "Exotic". It did become a Carrion Bird, but as of last patch it still acts as an Exotic. When I switched to SV to try it out, I tried to call out Nevermore and it gaveme the error that I couldn't control Exotic creatures. I had to go back to BM to use him lol

I did submit a bug report, as I assume it's a bug. But yeah, as of the last build he's BM only lol

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, it's just a bug. Some ravens are listed as carrions, whilst others are in birds of prey. Some boars are listed as stags. A troll was listed as a crab. Just the nature of alpha. Blizz may or may not get around to fixing all of this until their taming pass.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:Yeah, it's just a bug. Some ravens are listed as carrions, whilst others are in birds of prey. Some boars are listed as stags. A troll was listed as a crab. Just the nature of alpha. Blizz may or may not get around to fixing all of this until their taming pass.
Oh yeah those kind of bugs I expected (well I expected bugs period, its Alpha XD), I just find it really amusing there was an Exotic-tag bug. Haven't bumped into that before, but then again I usually don't get into these until Beta and usual a later wave lol

I bumped into a Human labeled as a Beast too. Think he thought he was a Stag lol