A question about Honour

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

A question about Honour

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Does anyone know if they will be resetting the Honour levels come next expack? I'm only level 14 and I know my next mount is at level 17, I'd like it if they did not reset it but I have a feeling they will.
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Re: A question about Honour

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I haven't seen a confirmation on any resets or roll-overs just yet.

Hoping to get to either Prestige 3 or 5 by the time BfA comes out (I just got into PvP about 3 months ago).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They will not be resetting honor or prestige. Prestige will become account-wide with 8.0. Prestige will be determined by which character has the highest, and then all will be at that rank.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Okay guess I don't need to worry about getting all the mounts in time then! Good.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh that's freaking awesome!!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

OK wait, if I grind levels on multiple characters, the Account level prestige won't be a sum of all the time/work/effort put in? It'll just match the single highest? Thats a lot of work that has been done on other characters that is going down the drain.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:They will not be resetting honor or prestige. Prestige will become account-wide with 8.0. Prestige will be determined by which character has the highest, and then all will be at that rank.
I love this change!

I understand that it's sometimes hard to draw the line between things that should individual vs things that should be account-wide, but I'm glad they're changing this one. Prestige is just too big and grindy to do sensibly on many toons at once.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote:OK wait, if I grind levels on multiple characters, the Account level prestige won't be a sum of all the time/work/effort put in? It'll just match the single highest? Thats a lot of work that has been done on other characters that is going down the drain.
Correct.

@Wain. As do I! Prestige needed to be account-wide from the get-go, but bettee late than never. Plus, this should unlock the pvp artifacg appearances on all characters.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I think it's awesome, cause it means I can switch out to one of my better pvp chars like my paladin maybe. I didn't like the idea of having to start from 0 again on another toon. Tho we can hope hunter isn't terrible next xpansion too.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I wonder if this means you'll unlock artifact skins on alts from prestige.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Though not officially confirmed, it makes sense that alts will have those skins unlocked.
Helcera
Realm: Kor'gall

Unread post by Helcera »

Valnaaros wrote:They will not be resetting honor or prestige. Prestige will become account-wide with 8.0. Prestige will be determined by which character has the highest, and then all will be at that rank.
I knew that they won't be resetting anything but where did they reveal how the account prestige level will be determined? I tried to look for information but couldn't find much. Would love to read a bit more about this.

And Quiv, I feel for you, I have two characters with prestige level 15, one level 11 and several others at 1. I was reeeally hoping they would merge the levels somehow. If I had known this would happen I certainly wouldn't have wasted so much time on this since I don't even really like pvp.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Whichever Prestige is the highest. So if you have three characters, one at Prestige 10, one at Prestige 4, and one at Prestige 2, the Prestige 10 will be chosen and the other two characters will be at Prestige 10.

They probably didn't want to merge the Prestige lvls since it would make it so that those who have played multiple characters would receive a greater reward than those that focused on one or those with limited time.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm relieved to hear that this is how Prestige will work going forward, but I have to admit I'm a little annoyed it wasn't implemented like this from the beginning.

I'm not much of a PvPer, but I did a lot of the WQs this expansion for achievements and such. I actually managed to grind out a fair amount of levels from that alone, and I've done it on multiple characters in some cases so it would have been nice if that had all been funneled into one pool. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:I actually managed to grind out a fair amount of levels from that alone, and I've done it on multiple characters in some cases so it would have been nice if that had all been funneled into one pool. :(
Same. I'm at P8 on my Alliance and P7 on my Horde. It would have been nice to be able to combine these, since progression costs are flat and so the combined work would be the same as if I had got to P15 on one toon. But I didn't expect them to do that, as maybe they'd consider it unfair, as you could advance faster overall by doing the warden towers on multiple toons a day. Then again I'm unconvinced that it's really unfair as the merge will only happen in BfA, and anyone could have maxxed Prestige by then had they consistently put in the work on one toon (though I sure haven't!)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've only really worked on pvp on my main Cow, any other time I've done pvp on an alt is if the WC dropped Marks XD

Ah well at least you can still get the mounts! Remember that if you do I think it's 30 (I did it ages ago myself) each of the non tower WC you get a neat mount as well.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I actually managed to grind out a fair amount of levels from that alone, and I've done it on multiple characters in some cases so it would have been nice if that had all been funneled into one pool. :(
Same. I'm at P8 on my Alliance and P7 on my Horde. It would have been nice to be able to combine these, since progression costs are flat and so the combined work would be the same as if I had got to P15 on one toon. But I didn't expect them to do that, as maybe they'd consider it unfair, as you could advance faster overall by doing the warden towers on multiple toons a day. Then again I'm unconvinced that it's really unfair as the merge will only happen in BfA, and anyone could have maxxed Prestige by then had they consistently put in the work on one toon (though I sure haven't!)
I've hated this every since I heard about it. Learning this news has made me completely stop any PvP whatsoever on an alt. Removing credit you've earned and also removing incentive to play with these systems is such a bad bad bad idea. Alts will count toward account prestige after this goes live but not before? This really burns my biscuits.

Even if multiple toons had an honor advantage over a single toon with the same amount of play time, there are still other ways of implementing this system going forward if that is truly the goal. I would be happy if they added even a percentage of honor from alts to your account prestige. Even getting credit for 75% of the time/effort/work I put into other characters is better than nothing. I put in the work and time and effort on my characters, I should retain something from what I earned if that is the direction they are going. The time I put into my characters has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else. People who play more and dedicate more than me deserve more than me. If their goal is to keep this system going forward, then I just want to keep a worthy part of what I earned. I earned it, its mine, end of story.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Whichever Prestige is the highest. So if you have three characters, one at Prestige 10, one at Prestige 4, and one at Prestige 2, the Prestige 10 will be chosen and the other two characters will be at Prestige 10.

They probably didn't want to merge the Prestige lvls since it would make it so that those who have played multiple characters would receive a greater reward than those that focused on one or those with limited time.
So just to confirm - my hunter is almost at 1 but I want the feral skin for my druid. If I get prestige 1 on Castile when BfA hits my druid will get that too? She's only like 4 pvp levels into prestige lvl1 so I don't want to grind out 50 if I don't really need to. Is that right?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but we have no reason to believe that what you said won't be the case :)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:It hasn't been officially confirmed, but we have no reason to believe that what you said won't be the case :)
Woot!! Thanks Val! I'll just keep going on Cas then (although feral druids seem to kick ass in pvp atm).

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~