A question about Honour

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: A question about Honour

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You bet, Castile! Happy to help. Feral is quite good in pvp atm :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Great news! Blizz said in a tweet that your prestige lvl in BfA will be determined by a merging of the prestige of all characters. So if you have three at prestige four, then you will be at prestige 12 in BfA. :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:Great news! Blizz said in a tweet that your prestige lvl in BfA will be determined by a merging of the prestige of all characters. So if you have three at prestige four, then you will be at prestige 12 in BfA. :)
OH YEAH IM GONNA DO MY DANCE

Seriously this makes me so happy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol: Same! Across all of my characters, I am around Prestigr 20. Will be so nice to get all of the rewards :D

It's fairly easy to get to Prestige 1, so the more alts, the better.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:You bet, Castile! Happy to help. Feral is quite good in pvp atm :)
Not totally in point, but as someone who plays feral and wants to do pvp as feral. Know any good guides I can look up? :O

On point:
SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS UPDATE. I have a lot of Prestige 1-2 alts and Prestige 4 on main. So I'll be happy to get it combined into one :D

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The one that immediately comes to mind is on Icy Veins. Can view it here :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm going to assume we get all the achievements? I'm already nearly lvl 16 on Cow and add in my alts I'd be nearly 30? if it goes to 30 XD
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe so! Blizz hasn't said otherwise, so for now we can assume that we'll get all of the achieves and rewards :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so relieved to hear this! Now I won't have to feel bummed out that I 'wasted' time on alts doing some PvP stuff here and there, it'll all be added to the pool which is excellent.

Also Ion posted a clarification in regards to Honor/Prestige:
The initial tweet was imprecise - apologies for that. What's being combined is your amount of honor earned. So all partial credit will count. But that also means that two Prestige 1 characters don't add up to a Prestige 2 account (because P1 takes less Honor than P2).
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ah well that's still good!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

cowmuflage wrote:Ah well that's still good!
Agreed. All of this is far better than how it was prior :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Really, really happy about this :)

I should reach P20, or very close to it, with the merge. I've been doing a little extra on a lot of alts, when Warden Towers had class set pieces I didn't know for transmog, so those should cap it off.

I wonder if that they plan to add another set of prestige levels. With the combined honour thing, it's not too awful for even players like me who avoid pvp most of the time, to still reach cap within an expansion.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that I read somewhere that they might, but they also don't want Prestige to get ridiculously high. I know that there will be a lot of rewards with War Mode and the return of Conquest Points.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WarcraftDevs confirmed that Prestige artifact appearances will be unlocked for all characters :)

Q: If prestige is going account wide, does that mean artifacts appearances or color variations are unlocked in all characters once BfA begins?

A: Yes, if you unlock an appearance that requires an account-wide Prestige level, all of your characters will get that appearance.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So dumb pvp question - I'm abit behind because I only did the odd daily here and there and only just got Prestige 1 on my main...does it then take longer to get the other lvls or is it just the same? Like is it worth just to keep grinding on one character or do a bunch of alts to one now and then have them roll up?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It takes less honor to reach Prestige 1 than to reach the other Prestige ranks (Which are all the same). I guess it depends on how much you're willing to do and how many alts you have. If you have a bunch of alts and don't really want to do a lot of PvP, then I would just reach Prestige 1 on all of them. If you are willing to do more pvp, then I would focus on your main and perhaps do pvp WQs on alts. :)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm a bit bummed by their clarification, since it means I won't get the Prestige level I assumed I would get based on their prior tweet. BUT it's still a win considering it'll be account-wide and added up, so I'm not losing any of the work I did do. :lol:
Valnaaros wrote:The one that immediately comes to mind is on Icy Veins. Can view it here :)
Thanks, I'll check it out! :D

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help, Rikaku! And I agree, it is definitely a win. I know that many of my more pvp-oriented guildies were rather disappointed when, originally, Blizz was just going to go by the highest Prestige lvl rather than merging them all. They are quite happy now :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Castile wrote:So dumb pvp question - I'm abit behind because I only did the odd daily here and there and only just got Prestige 1 on my main...does it then take longer to get the other lvls or is it just the same? Like is it worth just to keep grinding on one character or do a bunch of alts to one now and then have them roll up?
Your total honor gained will be added together, and then your account-wide prestige will be calculated. The prestige level on the individual characters will help you keep track of how much honor you've gotten. Getting to prestige level 1 takes 50% the honor as each other level. So getting to prestige 1+0/50 on three characters would be the same as getting prestige 2+0/50 on one character. If you want to grind as much honor points as you can without doing BG or Arenas, then farm the WQs on every character. That can be tedious, so if you don't do it on every character, I suggest at least doing it on your main, so you could hit prestige 2 before it's all merged. There will be a lot of other stuff going on then, so it will probably be a little more fun to get your weapon model for at least 1 character ahead of time.

Incidentally, 31/50 is halfway through a prestige, because the later levels cost more honor.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thanks guys! Also I thought at Prestige 1 you got the artefact skin but it also says rank 50 so does that mean essentially prestige 2 or am I missing something?

Figured I'd keep doing WQ's on Castile (was aiming for the Prestige achievement mount on her anyway) and start on my alts then toon. I have 6 at 110 so i'll do WQ's on them as well - hopefully I'll get them all to prestige 1 by august!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~