A question about Honour

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: A question about Honour

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I only have the Prestige 4 mount.
I'm trying to accumulate as much honor as possible to get the Prestige 9 mount.
From my calculations, based on the links you posted, I should be ok once they consolidate every toon's honor.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I really want the Prestige 4 mount - do we know how much the old honor translates to the new yet? Not sure if i'll have enough between all my toons (Castile P1 + 9hr, Sakurie 30ish hr, Tsurani 17hr, Servallan 19hr, Cibiusa 14hr) by the time BfA rocks around unless I start some grinding. But it's good news certain things are sticking around so I can still work towards it.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The conversion isn't set atm. Things are being changed with almost every build. Copying a character to the Beta yields no info. I have a combined Prestige of ~25 on Live and I am currently at Honor Level One in the Beta.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:The conversion isn't set atm. Things are being changed with almost every build. Copying a character to the Beta yields no info. I have a combined Prestige of ~25 on Live and I am currently at Honor Level One in the Beta.
Bummer. Guess i'll just keep at the dailies as much as I can but it's good I can still earn it in BfA I guess. What about the prestige lvl "skins"? I really want one for my druid but I guess they will become honour then since I've not heard they won't be unobtainable like the mage tower.

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They will be included as a reward for reaching particular Honor Levels.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

there's a cute add-on that does the account-wide counting of your honor/prestige levels.
So far, my total is level 52. I actually only need to get to 70 for two more mounts.

page with info and link to add-on.:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285208/conv ... roth-honor

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

That addon is dope. I'm gonna hit 40 apparently, which is way more than I figured.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thank you so much for the tip about the addon, I was curious about what sort of reward I might be close to in BfA but I didn't feel like going through and adding everything manually.

Turns out I'm at Honor Level 12, which isn't quite enough for the first mount unfortunately, but I've hardly done any PvP this expansion so I'm also not surprised. :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the add-on suggestion. I didn't know that existed! I'll apparently have Honor level 104, which will get me a couple more mounts, though not quite to the reward I originally hoped for (if the new ranks matched the Prestige scale I would have got the P17 and P21 mounts but they moved the goalposts on those). Still, not too bad.

The minipet at Honor 400 and mount at 500 will be completely beyond reach for me, unless they add an easy pseudo-PvP way of getting Honor again. I don't participate in regular PvP and will not, no matter how much they try to bait me into it. I play for enjoyment and it's unhealthy to start participating daily in something that makes me feel really awful just because of a bait reward.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Off the top of my head, I don't think there'll be any easy ways to earn Honor in BfA. You'll have to go into War Mode, which flags you and, potentially, makes you into a target.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

wow ok I don't think i'll even make the first mount now - ive been hammering the dailies on some alts to try get them to prestige 1 so they'll combine but I dunno now :S

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Every toon you have with a world quest auto complete, do it daily :) Go for the bonus/special ones if you can, since they give more Honor. Maybe you'll get enough to just push you over the requirement before 8.0.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:You'll have to go into War Mode, which flags you and, potentially, makes you into a target.
Damn. That would turn the game into a permanent misery for me and I'd rather not play.

It really frustrated me, hearing the PvP designers talk (or at least the impression they gave me, maybe I misunderstood) - they seem to have this delusion that everyone could really love PvP if they're just encouraged enough to participate. They simply don't understand the mental differences, or how awful and anxious PvP makes many people (myself included) feel, and why we play this game instead of competitive ones. It's the kind of ignorance displayed by people who think that depressed people should just "think positive". OK, I acknowledge there's a vast difference in importance between clinical depression and people not enjoying video game activities, but I think the attitude comparison is true.

I understand why they want people to participate more in PvP, though. It must be hard to continually provide content, and every minute spent fighting another player instead of completing a quest is a minute they don't have to provide us entertainment.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:It really frustrated me, hearing the PvP designers talk (or at least the impression they gave me, maybe I misunderstood) - they seem to have this delusion that everyone could really love PvP if they're just encouraged enough to participate. They simply don't understand the mental differences, or how awful and anxious PvP makes many people (myself included) feel, and why we play this game instead of competitive ones.
I don't think enough people understand this. I remember my first duel in WoW because it quickly showed me how anxious PvP makes me. It was in old UnGoro near one of the quest hubs up in the hills on the right side of the zone. I was leveling with the friend who got me into WoW (I was so new) and a gnome walked up to me and dropped a flag. The gnome easily won because I freaked out. My heart was racing so much I had to stop playing for like like half an hour because for some reason, this caused such a reaction.

I'm not that bad anymore, but the most PvP I engage in is in groups, like Ashran, and even then I have to be super incentized. I would love to collect the pvp saddle mounts, but theres no way I am doing rated bg. I was so happy for the WQ auto complete options because it allowed me to stock up on the honor tokens to buy old pvp sets.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I still need to get that prestige 4 mount but if I work a little more then hopefully I'll get it when the expac drops.

That 'Tactician' title is super cool, I must add. Worth 300 levels? No. That super cool level 500 mount, however? Now that's worth it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:I don't think enough people understand this. I remember my first duel in WoW because it quickly showed me how anxious PvP makes me. It was in old UnGoro near one of the quest hubs up in the hills on the right side of the zone. I was leveling with the friend who got me into WoW (I was so new) and a gnome walked up to me and dropped a flag. The gnome easily won because I freaked out. My heart was racing so much I had to stop playing for like like half an hour because for some reason, this caused such a reaction.
You're really not alone in that, you could have described me there :) Clearly the people who gravitate towards PvP design don't react that way, or perhaps their hearts still race but the adrenaline effect isn't such a grossly negative experience. And from the way they talked at Blizzcon, I don't think they get it at all. Sure, WoW has a lot of competitive players, but it's also been a refuge for people who aren't mentally geared for highly competitive games. It's extra frustrating to see niches like pet collecting, which were carved out by players many of whom were of that mindset, increasingly used as bait for every activity that people like that find awful, and I've also seen the resulting effect on some of the leaders of the pet collecting community. For people like me there's a HUGE difference between a "kill <x> beasts to find your pet" challenge and a "participate in <x> PvP events" one. And I don't think they'll ever understand that.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wont the legion pvp WC still be up?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

cowmuflage wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wont the legion pvp WC still be up?
They probably will be, but they will most likely reduce or remove the Honor reward from them (if they havem't already in the Beta). I know that they've greatly reduced gold rewards from Missions and WQs.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wont the legion pvp WC still be up?
They probably will be, but they will most likely reduce or remove the Honor reward from them (if they havem't already in the Beta). I know that they've greatly reduced gold rewards from Missions and WQs.

Honor rewards for Legion PvP quests are still on the Beta.

"Step on no pets!"

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:Every toon you have with a world quest auto complete, do it daily :) Go for the bonus/special ones if you can, since they give more Honor. Maybe you'll get enough to just push you over the requirement before 8.0.
Pretty much what I do on my pally, warlock and DK (with flags) and then do WQ's on my druid. Kinda gave up on my hunter since it's so slow after Prestige 1.

I don't mind BG's or WQ pvp and I'll die to someone who wants to actually world pvp but when you get certain ppl who's life it is to camp non-pvpers who are obviously just trying to finish a quest/achievement I get annoyed and I can see a lot of that happening next expansion with this new system.

Shadowlands