More stable slots?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

More stable slots?

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Pretty simple question I suppose: are our stables bigger in BFA? Because I'm going to have to start releasing friends soon...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: More stable slots?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As of right now, no. There was a brief mention of them by Jeremy Feasel (I believe it was) and that they do hear the concerns, but no mention when or even if anything will be done.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I've expressed my interest for this on the beta forums.

Others on the forums seem to be leaning more in the direction of a "pet appearance" tab.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I posted this on the older thread about stables. Its definitely interesting!
Quiv wrote:In a recent Wowhead interview with Muffinus, stables slots came up. Muffinus had a very interesting answer:

"Every time we start discussing whether or not were going to do more stable slots, the discussion largely comes to 'what do we want this system to be?' Ultimately is it a place to store individual pets or should it be more of a collection game similar to how the transmog system works? So its not something were quite ready to talk about right now, but the discussions are in place for 'what is the best way to improve this system', and we definitely know there is a problem there for some of those hunters."

He then looks directly at the camera, as if he were talking directly to me us...

"Its on our list, we're looking into it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyDQF0S ... .be&t=1104
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

i hope it doesnt end up being an appearance tab, the hunter pet relationship has been watered down so much each xpac already. i genuinely miss having the pet loyalty ranks and needing to feed ur pet. we have so much bag space one slot for food isnt a bother.

signature by spiritbinder
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Valka wrote:I've expressed my interest for this on the beta forums.

Others on the forums seem to be leaning more in the direction of a "pet appearance" tab.
I don't know about that. I am certainly against a pet appearance forum and I know that several others are against it. As Ilixirshy said, the Hunter and Pet relationship has been watered down over the years. A pet xmog tab would just kill whatever is left.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

If they implement a tab that just changes your pet's appearance, I'm afraid my slime, baby trike, and others will be omitted from the list. :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Rawr wrote:If they implement a tab that just changes your pet's appearance, I'm afraid my slime, baby trike, and others will be omitted from the list. :| :mrgreen:
That's true. Anything special like the oil wolf or the sha pets will be removed.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

As always, I vehemently oppose a pet appearance/collection tab.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I think 25 pets isn't enough, at least not for everyone. There's 6 pet abilities, and 3 pet specs. If you want to be prepared, that's 18 pets. Plus a few more if you want to switch between exotic or not. That leaves you with very little room for collecting favorites. Like you couldn't hold onto all your spirit beasts, or if you have a tiger collection because tigers are cool, then you'd be hosed. Also, if it were a pet appearance tab, you couldn't do things like stack your stampede / dire beasts to heavily favor a certain skin. Tortos was a particularly frustrating boss for my guild, so what if I want to rock a tortos pet with all whirl-turtles and bats for my temporary pets?

I'd rather see a "void storage" type system. You have your normal 5 in your pocket + a bench of 20 pets, but then you can have many more retired pets, it just costs something to either move them in or out of retirement. Like our garrison followers, except with duplicates allowed.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Teigan wrote:As always, I vehemently oppose a pet appearance/collection tab.
Same. :/