Beta nothing tameable?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Beta nothing tameable?

Unread post by Tankperson »

So I got an invite into Beta and every beast I come across (expect for a gryphon) all the new ones in the new zones all are labled (cannot be tamed) am I missing something or is this just for the start of beta?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Beta nothing tameable?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The taming pass is something they don't do until late beta. Until then, most things won't be tamable, but that will change :)
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

man that is some Donkey, that's the one thing I was most excited about tame the new raptors or the birds or something but nope all the cool new models from those area's just gotta be gated.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Some of them are tamable right now, but not many (the Beasts in Battle for Azeroth thread will list which are). There isn't anything gated about it, Blizz just isn't done with the zones and implementing NPCs. Once that is done, Blizz will perform a taming pass.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Pets are typically fine-tuned in the later stages of beta. Creatures are not tameable by default, someone has to go in and add that coding specifically. It's not that they're deliberately keeping us from them, it's just no one's gone around to flip the switch to 'on' yet. Since zones and npcs are always subject to change in this period there's no sense in them finalizing details like hunter taming until they're closer to launch. Then they can go through and add the finishing touches - flagging the beasts we're supposed to tame, and also giving thought to what new pet families they'll give us. We just have to be patient, there's no malicious intent behind it, it's just not something that's top priority when they're still working on the overall expansion.
Hoshkar
Realm: Twsiting Nether - US

Unread post by Hoshkar »

Found several beasts that you can tame around the Zuldazar area. most of the saberstalkers you cannot, but I found ones around Zeb'Ahari and Tal Gurub that you can. Also found new raptor model east of Warbeast Kraal flight point. I really want to tame the Brutosuars that I have run across (there are smaller ones north of Warbeast Kraal.

Also found updated gorilla models you can tame south of Temple of the Prophet, pretty sure the axebeaks are also tamable in the area, haven't tried. the crabs along the coast also seem to be tamable. found a giant pink quest related one, but forgot to even try.....but yea, early beta, 90% of what is flagged tame might not be when live, and a lot of things that should be aren't yet. Just keep mashing Tame Beast at every new model you come across, you never know :P
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

thank you all for your answers. I just feel like the time lock bashed one of my biggest excitments about this. I've done beta's before but never got an invite in the first wave.