Toad checklist

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Toad checklist

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Xota wrote:
Wain wrote:Do any NPCs use the higher quality non-loa version of the loa model yet? I wasn't aware of any. A couple of those that Xota listed could be switched to use it, if they remain as beasts.
Plague Toad, I don't know where it is, or if it's attackable, but from the name, I'd suspect it was meant to be.

Spawns during the Avatar of Sethrallis encounter in Temple of Sethrallis. At particular intervals, plague toads will rain down on the area (spawning a couple of them). Most likely, these toads and any others that are found in dungeons will remain untamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:
Wain wrote:Do any NPCs use the higher quality non-loa version of the loa model yet? I wasn't aware of any. A couple of those that Xota listed could be switched to use it, if they remain as beasts.
Plague Toad, I don't know where it is, or if it's attackable, but from the name, I'd suspect it was meant to be.
Cool, thanks :) They're worth keeping an eye on as it's not unprecedented for dungeon beasts to be tameable at release, it's just not common.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aside from the special case of Fenryr, I don't recall if there were any other beasts in Legion dungeons that were made tamable.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

On topic of dungeon beasts, I wish they would have made the black worgs around Fenryr tameable. It was disappointing that skin wasn't tameable anywhere else, I really liked it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. I understand why they didn't in Legion, what with keystones and such, but they could've and should've added it elsewhere.
Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Unread post by Tammo »

I did tame the pterodaxes and little green skinny raptors in the golden temple dungeon dont know if that will change. Dungeon creatures are sometimes tameable, some krolusks from the plague toad dungeon were tameable (red ones).

will look out for more of these
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

And there were also many that were not tamable. This being the first taming pass, there will be some things included in it that aren't meant to be tamable. If they remain tamable in the end, then that's great. But I'm not holding my breath. I don't recall any beasts in Legion dungeons that are tamable (outside of Fenryr), and I don't recall any that are tamable from WoD dungeons.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think we're only missing two old-world frog NPCs.

- as mentioned before, I suspect the Striped-Back Bullfrog may only appear when a quest is up, quite possibly a herbalism world quest, but I'm still only guessing on that. I tried to filter for world quests in suramar that involve herbalism on Wowhead, but it still gave a huge list / mess :(

- the Ambervale Darter is listed as appearing just sough of Meredil, around where Anax is. I wonder if it was removed in Legion Beta, as it has no loot data and no comments. It could also just be something phased that only spawns during a certain quest, but for now I'll assume it's no longer in the game.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have never seen the latter, and I have spent plenty of time in that area. It is probably safe to say that it isn't in the game, especially if there is very little data concerning it.

As for the bullfrog, that one will be tricky to find as is something that may even have to wait till Live due to the random nature of WQs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've now confirmed that the Striped-Back Bullfrogs are part of a herbalism world quest, as suspected. The quest is up right now. I added a comment here:
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=109303/stri ... id=2571208

Frustratingly, the test realms don't share the same WQ schedule, so the frogs aren't there to check for tameability :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Assuming the Wow DB and Wowhead DB are correct, then they are not tamable.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I literally just came here to post about that XD

Can also confirm they are in fact playing leap-frog.

Attachments
stripe backed bullfrog.jpg
stripe backed bullfrog.jpg (393.72 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So, I found the Ambervale Darters that I couldn't find. Anax summons them during combat! I'll go on beta a check them in a bit
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:So, I found the Ambervale Darters that I couldn't find. Anax summons them during combat! I'll go on beta a check them in a bit
Oh! Well done :). It's been so long I'd forgotten that that happened.

I already had a hunter in Suramar and checked. They're not tameable.