So when and how are you going to purge your stables?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

So when and how are you going to purge your stables?

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

With all the new options.. we are certainly going to need space. I'm thinking to my stables, and just with spirit beasts alone, I've lot of space taken up.

I'm likely going to go through my stable and purge and non-true-rare that I haven't used in a year or more. But, also need to sort through the new pet talents, and see what I want for my main lineup.

Much work to be done to prepare...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: So when and how are you going to purge your stables?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I will be going through my stables soon, too. There are several beasts in there that I never use. Just clearing them out will give me about 15 slots or so.
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

i dont even have half of my stables filled. i dont keep pets i dont use
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't have a link, but Jeremy did say some time back that they're looking at options for addressing full stables. I forget his wording but it did sound like they're looking at more creative options than just a stable increase, but he didn't give any details and I suspect at the time they're really didn't have any to give anyway. I wonder if it's still in the works. If they don't have time for anything elaborate then I hope they can at least give us a simple slot increase until they do. It doesn't even need to be heaps, just something to make hunters with filled stables more comfortable about running around and trying out new tames in BfA. That part is so much fun.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm waiting for more info about the futures of stables before I go abandoning. I've got a few slots now though.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've still got slots open, and if need be I can let go of some that I haven't used in a long time. There's a lot of new pets I'm going to try out but I know from experience not all of them are going to end up clicking, so I'll see who ends up sticking around.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I won't get rid of any one until BFA actually launches, on the hope that we do get some kind of Weapon Appearance Transmog -esque catalog of pets. But if we don't? I've got a bunch of non-rares I don't use often and a few rares I never use cause I don't love their appearances that I'll release back into the wild.

I won't collect all the unicorns, but I must have the blue and the black ones! Still debating on if I'll grab the green. Probably will.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Currently only using first 2 pages in stable, since only keep what use too. Even then they're not full. Might tame a few new pets til find what really like and will use. Then will do a clean out again.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I get attached to the most random, ugly pets that aren't rare. And then when I clean out stables, I feel like I "should" keep the rare, flashy, fancy ones that I'm just sort of "meh" about but they're "better" so I release my ugly ducklings, then end up resenting the fancy rares and don't have the pets I want anymore and it sucks.

(And a pet transmog would kinda ruin my hunter completely by making my pets nothing more than fancy accessories with no soul, so that isn't a viable option for me and I pray it never happens)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Likewise. I really, really hope that they don't make a pet xmog system.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would truly hate a pet transmog gallery. :/
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Hmm my main has 46.. so yah looks like I will be releasing quite a few. I have some I just can't get rid of..
Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Unread post by Tammo »

I would hate a pet transmog system, some random pets are unique because of the story the hunter has with them, a transmog system would break that.
Most expansion ill clean out my stable few weeks before a new patch or expansion. I could lose some of the spirit cats/quilboars atleast. But every expansion it gets harder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'd be fine with a transmog system personally.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

fortunately i play extremely casual atm due to simply not having time to raid and i actually made tons of hunter alts so i dont have stable issues xD. my most played 110 however is close to full, i will just go thru and abandon the ones i dont play w often-that simple! i too pray we do not get an appearance tab either.

signature by spiritbinder
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

None of my hunters have even half their stables filled. I'm constantly releasing pets that I've lost connection with, so I'm usually under 20 pets. Every new expansion I go on a taming spree, but only a few remain as permanent pets.
Like some of the others here, I would really hate a transmog system. It was the reason I couldn't enjoy my ranger in GW2 at all. The pets were beautiful, but essentially they felt as soulless as our mini-pets in WoW do now and I would absolutely hate that to happen to our hunter pets.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Now that we have ten extra slots, I didn't technically need to release any pets, but I went ahead and tidied up anyway. I had three wasps, so I released two of them in anticipation of getting a bee! I also had a Lot of hati transmog pets, including the SB fox, that I won't be needing anymore. Released all but three of them, as they are getting their model changed and I want to see the new look first. Also released my hyena, because I can't stand the remodel. And Teigan, I totally understand about rares. The one I can't seem to let go is Evalcharr, even now that they are combined with rylaks, which I prefer. Well, at least I have the space :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

GormanGhaste wrote: I also had a Lot of hati transmog pets, including the SB fox, that I won't be needing anymore. Released all but three of them, as they are getting their model changed and I want to see the new look first.

Wait what?! Reading that it sounded like you were saying the foxes were getting a model change?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Technically I already have, though a few more might be released back out to pasture. Most were just common critters I liked, though I did let my spirit beast porcupine go, I just never use him. Can't wait for my unicorns!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Shade wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote: I also had a Lot of hati transmog pets, including the SB fox, that I won't be needing anymore. Released all but three of them, as they are getting their model changed and I want to see the new look first.
Wait what?! Reading that it sounded like you were saying the foxes were getting a model change?
Nope, was talking about the spirit beast Lightning Paw, which is one of the ones I released. I'm keeping a beetle and two spiders, just until the pre-patch, out of curiosity.