Plaugehound model size.

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
runestark
Realm: Moon Guard

Plaugehound model size.

Unread post by runestark »

I know I saw a screenshot of someone alongside the new plaguehound dog models, but I can't find it now. Can someone get me one, preferably by a human model, so I can see how much their size has changed, if it has at all? I've always loved the small size of this pet.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Plaugehound model size.

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't know if this will be their finalized size (though I suspect it might be), but they're definitely larger now unfortunately. I really liked their smaller, compact size from the original models.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051918_162827.png
WoWScrnShot_051918_162827.png (956.16 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Alot bigger, tho smaller than a standard wolf. And I am not pleased with them being on that skeleton

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051918_173411.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051918_173411.jpg (434.57 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
runestark

Aww! I had liked them being so small and easy to target around. They're gorgeous models but boy they tripled in size!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Blizzard seems oddly against size variation in pets, especially within families. It's super frustrating because there is already plenty of variation between, say, a seagull and a devilsaur. So if the reasoning is some kind of PvP balance, it really should not apply.

I used to have a few firefly-style wasps that were about 1/3 the size of a normal wasp, and they were adorable. I also had a Sholazar wasp that was about 1/2 a size larger than average. But some patch late in MoP normalized them all to the same boring size. Now there's nothing to differentiate them.

Pretty disappointing that this mindset continues to apply to the dog revamp. When paired with the same skeleton shenanigans, it really feels like some families are getting too homogenized.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can sympathize with those preferring their smaller pets to stay the same size. To me, the little shale spider screeing as it runs into battle to defend you is adorable.

I would guess part of their scaling metric is simply aesthetic - if they're too big they can look absurd and if they're too small they can look fragile. And part is probably functional - if they're too big they're a nuisance to everybody around them and if they're too small they're hard to spot and hit in pvp. But dark hounds weren't usually absurdly small, so maybe if you post a request they'll adjust it a little. Clearly they have some other pet adjustments to make, like tiny toads and giant pterrordaxes, so they could add it to their list.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I'd be fine with the size if they hadn't put them on the coyote skeleton. Or at least removed the scratching part of the animation.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I think doomguards' size is different for the warlock than for everyone else. I'd really like to see some should-be-larger hunter pets get the same treatment. I remember when devilsaurs started large and one of their abilities make them even bigger. But then they got shrunk, and lost their growing ability. Which I understand, because they were getting in the way during fights, for the melee dps. Bringing back their size and/or growing would be fun, even if nobody else saw it. Like a glyph that made them as big as kibler's, but without the blue cloud.

To make them smaller, glyph of lesser proportions should be buffed so the size change is noticeable.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I haven't paid much attention to these dogs just now saw they are bigger is this for BFA or did they grow already?
runestark

These are BFA models.
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I love the new ones more and more.

Hoping to see the rune(d) ones coming to this model/skeleton soon!
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Does the run seem a little different than the regular coyote to anyone else? I can't quite tell cause I'm having some lag issues but it kinda might?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They are using the hyena running animations.