Have we lost specing our pet forever?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Have we lost specing our pet forever?

Unread post by Rawr »

Im ok with not being able to respec my pets, I was hoping they would go farther back with that and have all the family have more unique stats as well. I dont mean every family having stats different from every other I mean like sub groups in a spec like for Ferocity pets Devilsaurs, Cats, and Hyenas hit harder, Raptors, Wolves, and Tallstriders move faster, Carrion Birds, Core Hounds, Moths, Spirit Beasts, and Wasps are more rounded. Or they could give us back the pet talent trees so we could decide what talents/abilites we wanted our pets to have (http://web.archive.org/web/200907120133 ... alents.php) instead of them all being the same.

There used to be some strategy to what pet you brought where, some thought, now it's whatever pet happens to match your mog. :|

True in BfA the three specs will have different abilities and that's better than what we had before but still I miss having 3 different Cats, one for out and about, one for raiding/dungeons, and one for PvP (for those of you who don't know or remember you used to teach your pet abilities and they could only use 4 at a time http://web.archive.org/web/200702282331 ... list.shtml) so one knew Claw, Bite, Dash and Cower (raid Cat) one knew Claw, Bite, Prowl, and Dash (PvP Cat) and one knew Growl, Claw, Bite, and Dash (everyday Cat). :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

No not battle res. It was a phoenix icon in the dps pets talent liniecame right after lick your wounds. . ..I like the idea of having a pet talent tree again.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Oh! The instant pet rez? That is still in Legion, and I think it is in BfA.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Heart of the Phoenix, the current ferocity spell that instant rezes your pet at full health once every 8 minutes, will be mostly removed IIRC. Quilen will get it as their exotic ability, called "Eternal Guardian".
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

Rawr wrote:Im ok with not being able to respec my pets, I was hoping they would go farther back with that and have all the family have more unique stats as well. I dont mean every family having stats different from every other I mean like sub groups in a spec like for Ferocity pets Devilsaurs, Cats, and Hyenas hit harder, Raptors, Wolves, and Tallstriders move faster, Carrion Birds, Core Hounds, Moths, Spirit Beasts, and Wasps are more rounded. Or they could give us back the pet talent trees so we could decide what talents/abilites we wanted our pets to have (http://web.archive.org/web/200907120133 ... alents.php) instead of them all being the same.

There used to be some strategy to what pet you brought where, some thought, now it's whatever pet happens to match your mog. :|

True in BfA the three specs will have different abilities and that's better than what we had before but still I miss having 3 different Cats, one for out and about, one for raiding/dungeons, and one for PvP (for those of you who don't know or remember you used to teach your pet abilities and they could only use 4 at a time http://web.archive.org/web/200702282331 ... list.shtml) so one knew Claw, Bite, Dash and Cower (raid Cat) one knew Claw, Bite, Prowl, and Dash (PvP Cat) and one knew Growl, Claw, Bite, and Dash (everyday Cat). :mrgreen:
i miss everything said here along w other things but what id LOVE to see brought back is the pet loyalty ranks. opening ur pet tab and seeing best friend under ur pet name gave me butterflies. and lastly pet happiness- needing to feed ur pet or else itd run away. nowadays im not threatened by that and i for one feel less of a responsible hunter.

as far as blizz reverting back to pets staying as what u tamed them as and not swapping their talents is good. im hoping that would fix the stable space problems by hunters making better choices of which pets to tame/keep.

signature by spiritbinder