(deleted)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Parrots as a Pet Family

Unread post by Ana »

I don't play anymore but I think it could be a good idea. Maybe with another name so you guys in time could have parakeets, sparrows, doves etc. Not sure what family name would fit best though ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If so, they should probably include axebeaks, as a family of screaching, tropical terror beaks.

I wouldn't mind them getting a family of their own, but I suspect they're trying to cut down on the bloat of old families. I don't know if they plan to merge any more, outside of Rylaks, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. If so, they could probably merge Birds of Prey and Carrion Birds. They're still a lot more similar than, say, diemetradons and saurolisks or most of the things merged into dogs now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Whilst I like the idea, I echo what has been said in that it appears that Blizz is trying to make larger, varied families rather than those that fit a very specific beast. Diemetrodons and Saurolisks are Lizards. Bees, fireflies, and wasps are all Wasps. Deer, Dreamrunners, and (possibly) Zhevras are all Stags.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

How would a parrot family be any different than the Toad family though?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote:How would a parrot family be any different than the Toad family though?
In what aspect?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:How would a parrot family be any different than the Toad family though?
Well, one has feathers and wings...

:lol:

Seriously, I see what you're saying and it's possible they're not as concerned about small families after all. I think they really need to allow smaller families at times, or we wouldn't be able to tame all the cool, weird new things (that don't fit in an existing family) when new expansions come out, and it would be depressing if we had to wait for a family to be fleshed out before we could tame it. In this expansion I think they've outdone themselves with new families. I suspect they introduced Toads purely because they want us to have fun, as much as we do :) Krolusks are another single-model new family, though there are a lot of colours with those, at least (and I also wonder if those sandreavers should be moved from silithids and join them).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Different in terms of design goals. Toad family is pretty narrow, and doesn't fit any sort of design goal of moving toward larger/broader families. If they are OK with a restrictive Toad family, I imagine Parrot would be ok as well. Honestly I think a Parrot family would have a lot more variety than Toads do.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The same could then be said for Seagulls/Albatrosses and Ravens. They could be considered unique enough that they could have their own families.

Blizz seems to be working a balance between large families with various beasts and small families that only contain a particular beast. Frogs and Krolusks really don't fit in any existing family and thus work well as their own. Parrots, whilst not really Carrions or Birds of Prey, fit as well as Dreamrunners do in the Stag family.