Is Guarm tameable in BfA?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Is Guarm tameable in BfA?

Unread post by Flyra »

He's technically a beast and with Chimaeron and Thok both becoming tameable I can't help but ask. Would love my very own Helhound. :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Is Guarm tameable in BfA?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As of right now, no, and if he is ever made tamable it may not be till the xpac after BfA. Typically, whenever Blizz has made boss in a raid tamable, it is a couple of xpacs after so that Hunters can easily solo the place.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

We were told in WoD that the rule of thumb for Blizzard is raid bosses are tameable two expansions after the raid. (When asked about Tortos in WoD beta)

So we likely won't see a tameable Guarm until the expansion after BFA.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it's still worth checking, as there were precedents back in Pandaria and they could always change their mind :) Just best not to get your hopes up. Also worth keeping an eye on the other NPCs that use that model. I can't find the info off-hand but I had a feeling that one was classed as a beast (and the other as undead).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've been keeping an eye on Guarm (amongst other beasts in raids) and none have become tamable. As of right now, the only npcs that use the model are Guarm and Fenri (whom is undead).
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Aw that's a shame. Fingers crossed for next expac though!

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myzou wrote:We were told in WoD that the rule of thumb for Blizzard is raid bosses are tameable two expansions after the raid. (When asked about Tortos in WoD beta)

Is Tortos going to be tameable?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I doubt Tortos would be tameable. Like Skum in Wailing Caverns (which I don't understand myself), it's a boss with a mechanic related to the dungeon/raid itself. Tortos' corpse creates a wall for you to go through, though it's just a lazy invisible wall that is blocked off until the boss dies. It'd be cool to get Tortos' model earlier than 110, but I doubt they'd do it considering the ridiculous invisible wall.

I honestly don't know why Skum in WC isn't tameable though. That makes no sense at all.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I've been keeping an eye on Guarm (amongst other beasts in raids) and none have become tamable. As of right now, the only npcs that use the model are Guarm and Fenri (whom is undead).
Weird, I could have sworn there was a third NPC (aside from the two versions of Guarm), but I guess I'm going crazy :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I've been keeping an eye on Guarm (amongst other beasts in raids) and none have become tamable. As of right now, the only npcs that use the model are Guarm and Fenri (whom is undead).
Weird, I could have sworn there was a third NPC (aside from the two versions of Guarm), but I guess I'm going crazy :P
There are two beast versions of Guarm on Wowhead, and I mean the Guarm in Hellheim, where you have to quest, is a beast

naw.. want him D:
Last edited by Aroim on Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, there is the Helheim Guarm and then the raid Guarm. However, if I remember correctly, Helheim Guarm will kill you if you don't have the disguise on.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Valnaaros wrote:Yes, there is the Helheim Guarm and then the raid Guarm. However, if I remember correctly, Helheim Guarm will kill you if you don't have the disguise on.
yee, two hits and you are gone.. my gawd.. this big bad guy scared me, you have to get very close so he notices one..
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Teigan wrote:
Myzou wrote:We were told in WoD that the rule of thumb for Blizzard is raid bosses are tameable two expansions after the raid. (When asked about Tortos in WoD beta)

Well, we do have that model available, mostly.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

So was there anything from WoD we should look for?.. it's been a while..
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The only thing that immediately comes to mind is Faultline, but it is still untamable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Teigan wrote:

No. They said during Legion beta that Tortos is literally built into the wall, so taming him would not work.

Which is why they gave us the turtles in Suramar with Tortos's model.
SlickrockGhost wrote:

So was there anything from WoD we should look for?.. it's been a while..
As Val said, pretty sure the only raid beast in WoD is Faultline, but it's still not tameable on beta.

And to be honest, we might not tame the actual faultline, as he's already another hunter's pet. If anything, we'd likely get something like the Suramar Turtles for Faultline.