WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post subject: Kul Tiran Flight Form!
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:06 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
I love new Kul Tiran flight form :D

Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
I'm seriously considering making a Kul Tiran Druid instead of a Zandalari one now. All I need is a cool moonkin form (preferably with the same skeleton as the Zandalari one bc that's as close as we may ever get to playable Arakkoa) and I'm officially sold :D

Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:21 pm 

Oh, holy crow!!! Ok, ok. Blizz you already had me sold on a race change, so just stop! Kidding, keep up the amazing!

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:04 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
I love it!

I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the Kul Tiran druids, but I have to admit I feel a bit of whiplash between them and the vibe of the character models themselves. It feels a bit like they're trying to smoosh 2 very different cultures into one race. The Kul Tirans give me the vibe of being a brawny seafaring folk, but the druid forms feel more fitting of a decrepit, scrawny woods witch. And I know the thin Kul Tiran models exist and are used for some of that but I don't see them giving that option to players.

Nothing wrong with the Kul Tiran models, but I find they don't match the mental image I'd like to have if I rolled a druid for those forms, if that makes sense.

• Flight Rising lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Nagrand
Love it. Making one 100%. Wood witch incoming!!!

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:43 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
Vephriel wrote:
I love it!

I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the Kul Tiran druids, but I have to admit I feel a bit of whiplash between them and the vibe of the character models themselves. It feels a bit like they're trying to smoosh 2 very different cultures into one race. The Kul Tirans give me the vibe of being a brawny seafaring folk, but the druid forms feel more fitting of a decrepit, scrawny woods witch. And I know the thin Kul Tiran models exist and are used for some of that but I don't see them giving that option to players.

Nothing wrong with the Kul Tiran models, but I find they don't match the mental image I'd like to have if I rolled a druid for those forms, if that makes sense.

100% get where you're coming from. I'm holding out that they do give those scrawnier looking models to the Kul'tirans as well because it does fit the whole look of the druid forms a bit better. Unless the druids can be a lot scrawnier it just hasn't been shown yet bc it's not as hype-worthy? Idk, but I'd still be pretty hyped over having a super scrawny and creepy witch as opposed to a pirate who has a liking for skulls.

Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
Vephriel wrote:
I love it!

But... that's the point?

The Kul'Tiran druids learned druidism from the Drust, the race they eradicated. Only a small fraction of Kul'Tirans practice druidism, the rest of them wiped out the Drust.

The ones that were friendly with the drust are continuing their legacy. Their druidism *is* based on another race.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 am 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Myzou wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
I love it!

But... that's the point?

The Kul'Tiran druids learned druidism from the Drust, the race they eradicated. Only a small fraction of Kul'Tirans practice druidism, the rest of them wiped out the Drust.

The ones that were friendly with the drust are continuing their legacy. Their druidism *is* based on another race.

I wouldn't know as I haven't quested through beta, I've been saving most of the content for live (plus I'd familiarize with Horde storylines first as that's the faction I main). Regardless it's more of an aesthetic departure for me, not something that clicks with what I'd ultimately visualize for a character if I wanted to have those forms.

• Flight Rising lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:12 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Staghelm
Heck, every druid form they have is ~so~ my style I can't even deal. It's SO awesome. I just love it. I love the aesthetic of them all sooo much, I know I sound like a broken record but ahh it's just too good.

Imagemounts - pets - armory - dragon lairImage