No Blood Troll Allied Race planned

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

No Blood Troll Allied Race planned

Unread post by Quiv »

Edit: This has been debunked: http://www.wowhead.com/news=284927/bloo ... llied-race

Thanks to MrGM, my attention was brought to an E3 interview with John Hight, a production director at Blizzard, who said "Don't be surprised if you see the opportunity to play as a blood troll at some point."

This could be taken as some quest that turns your character into a blood troll, so you are technically playing as one. However given what E3 is, and the way its worded, I am siding with MrGM on this one. I don't think things like that are said by accident. And this casual bomb dropping is how a couple other races were "announced"...

Its not the direction I was expecting, and it raises lore question to me, but they are cool looking if nothing else.

The video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3OH9QFnNA
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Blood Troll Allied Race?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Gasp!!!

I'll take this with a grain of salt of course, but I would be thrilled to get blood trolls, their aesthetic is awesome! I'm just not sure how that would work in terms of faction loyalties and story....I can't see them going Alliance...? But I'm also not sure if we'd get 3 different troll races. Interesting to consider!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizz has stated that Blood Trolls will not be an allied race and that it was misunderstood. There is a quest in Nazmir where you turn into a Blood Troll temporarily. There is an article about Blizz's reponse over on wowhead.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Well that didn't take long!