New Elemental Pet Models (Shaman/Mage)!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

New Elemental Pet Models (Shaman/Mage)!

Unread post by Maizou »

Figured since they're technically pets, even if not hunters, people here might wanna see them. I didn't see anyone talk about the Earth/Fire ones when they got updated, and they just released water. (And yes, the various recolors are also in game for the wild elementals)

Here's hoping they update Air too, it was by far the worst model of the 4.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: New Elemental Pet Models (Shaman/Mage)!

Unread post by Teigan »

Dang, those look great!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They have been posted over on the Battle for Azeroth Creatures thread. They are beautiful models :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am excited for the Air as well, I agree it was the worst of the three.

I know this would be a gigantic amount of work, but I would love a visual bestiary of all the models in Wow and track their upgrades as they make them. They've knocked out a ton, but you know theres so many models for so many NPC types.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I like the water one I may have to switch back to frost on my mage to run around with it
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

They're a big improvement. Even the water elemental, even though it still has those weird ridges, which are way too rigid. It makes it look less watery and more like Jello. Jello with pointy bits.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They're gorgeous designs. As far as texturing and effects go, I wonder if there's more to the fire one than we're seeing in those model shots, because nice as it is it doesn't look very fiery, just like very bright orange flesh. The bracers on the earth elemental look more fiery than the fire one. Hopefully there's more done in effects that haven't been applied in Wowhead's viewer. As Xota pointed out, there are similar issues with the water one - lovely design but in that shot (which admittedly is a still shot) it looks very solid and not very watery. But we could be missing a lot with those images.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:They're gorgeous designs. As far as texturing and effects go, I wonder if there's more to the fire one than we're seeing in those model shots, because nice as it is it doesn't look very fiery, just like very bright orange flesh. The bracers on the earth elemental look more fiery than the fire one. Hopefully there's more done in effects that haven't been applied in Wowhead's viewer. As Xota pointed out, there are similar issues with the water one - lovely design but in that shot (which admittedly is a still shot) it looks very solid and not very watery. But we could be missing a lot with those images.
Someone on the Scrolls of Lore page took a screenshot of the Fire Elemental ingame when the model was first added.
More fiery, and also the heat distorts the area around it.
For the Water Elemental. They didn't update the ingame model yet from what I heard, but seeing it animated with the WoWhead viewer already helps:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=284934/batt ... 001:0:10+0
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Much better, as I hoped. Thanks :)
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

You Should Add Shaman/Mage/Warlock Pets To The Site
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

ZoroarkRonan wrote:You Should Add Shaman/Mage/Warlock Pets To The Site
Petopia is meant to be a database of the hundreds of different pets that Hunters can tame. Warlocks (12), Shamans (2), and Mages (2) only have ~16 amongst them all. Unlike Hunter Pets, you automatically acquire the pets of the other pet classes (excluding the Warlock and Mage glyphs).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:
ZoroarkRonan wrote:You Should Add Shaman/Mage/Warlock Pets To The Site
Petopia is meant to be a database of the hundreds of different pets that Hunters can tame. Warlocks (12), Shamans (2), and Mages (2) only have ~16 amongst them all. Unlike Hunter Pets, you automatically acquire the pets of the other pet classes (excluding the Warlock and Mage glyphs).
If one of those classes was given pets they could track down and train/tame, I'd definitely be up for adding them. Like, if druids could go out into the wilds and tame the plant creature of their choice, or warlocks could pick a demon to enslave, etc. In fact I think it'd be really fun to track down and add all the looks :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

You get a pet spec, and you get a pet spec, and you get a pet spec! :lol:

It could be neat if some druid specs got a Dire Beast type ability to call in Nature Ally like plant elementals or drust or even dryads.

And I really hope they one day expand on warlock enslaving demons. I feel that could do it well enough that would be very fun, thematically appropriate and flavorful, not be a hunter 2.0. It would open the world of demons up for them greatly, and with the grimoires talents, it could be really cool!