[Suggestion] Exotic skills for BM non Exotic pets

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

[Suggestion] Exotic skills for BM non Exotic pets

Unread post by pop »

I've been a proponent of exotic skills for all non exotic pets for BM hunters since it was introduced and I really hope and wish it would get implemented.

There are 3 ways to do this; make random, different family abilities for all non-exotic pets, make 1 single exotic ability for all non-exotic hunter pets or make 3 types of exotic abilities based on the non-exotic pet specs.

The first one which would have the creator to make new abilities seems impossible and a nightmare to balance, so I suggest that Blizzard either make a single exotic ability for all non-exoti pet or 3 types of exotic skills based on the non-exotic pet's specs.

So here is my suggestion if there is only one umbrella exotic ability for all BM's non-exotic hunter's pets:

Hunter's Bond
Exotic Passive

Reduces critical damage taken by 10%.

Here are my suggestions if there are three types exotic abilities for all BM's non-exotic pets, based on their specs.

Tenacious Heart
Exotic Passive, Tenacity Pets only

Reduces the duration of Poisons, Diseases, and Curses by 10%. - same as the Mag'har's racial.

Ferocious Will
Exotic Passive, Ferocity Pets only

Reduces the duration of all stun effects by 15% - same as the Orc's racial.

Cunning Spirit
Exotic Passive, Cunning Pets only

Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 20% - same as the Troll's racial.
Last edited by pop on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: [Suggestion] Exotic skills for BM non Exotic pets

Unread post by Wain »

This is pretty much what I've always wanted - for all pet families to be a bit more special to BM and so on an equal footing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Then there's be no reason for Exotic Pets.

I'd only be okay with this if they made Exotic Pets regular pets, and just gave a 2nd ability to every pet species.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Myzou wrote:Then there's be no reason for Exotic Pets.

I'd only be okay with this if they made Exotic Pets regular pets, and just gave a 2nd ability to every pet species.

People would still can choose exotic pets for aesthetical reasons and also for gameplay reason because almost all of the exotic pets have unique exotic abilities, except for Pterodaxx which shares the same abilities with the non-exotic Feathermane that have two useful utilities.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Then there's be no reason for Exotic Pets.

I would prefer this to be the case now. I think the exotic classification is outdated and pressures the BM player to avoid other families..
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I agree with the idea of giving BM pets an extra ability while at the same time making exotics a thing of the past. I love the idea that a beastmaster would be so in tune with their pet that they would be able to bring out something special in them that another hunter couldn't, like an excellent dog trainer brings out the best in a dog.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I like that idea, especially the by spec version. The exotic families' abilities are nice, but those would make the other families in the running. It would be a little buff for BM no matter the pet, and then for exotic families, they'd have a little different flavor to them.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Teigan wrote:I agree with the idea of giving BM pets an extra ability while at the same time making exotics a thing of the past. I love the idea that a beastmaster would be so in tune with their pet that they would be able to bring out something special in them that another hunter couldn't, like an excellent dog trainer brings out the best in a dog.
I agree with. We mastered our beasts so hard, that we our beasts could perform more tricks and skills than Surv's and MM's pets.