Apex Claw and pet ability oversight?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
runestark
Realm: Moon Guard

Apex Claw and pet ability oversight?

Unread post by runestark »

So I only just got into the beta, yay me.

And .. I discovered if you equip your Apex Predator's Claw, suddenly your pet REGAINS all those lost talents they used to have, like blood of the rhino and spiked collar and heart of the phoenix. And they all still work. Has anyone else noticed this yet?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Apex Claw and pet ability oversight?

Unread post by Rawr »

That ring gives your pet all the passives of the other specs, it's always done that, that and make them do 5% more damage.
Image :mrgreen:

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Since the bonus abilities on Legion legendaries are only active through 115, it's an intentional oversight. If you can solo things at 115 that you can't do at 120 with some endgame gear, then that's a problem that the devs may look at.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Everything is adjusted to your level, doesn't matter what level you are at everything will be your level. I have it on my beta character and tested it, it doesn't really make much of a difference. So if you can't solo something at lvl 116 you are not going to be able to solo it at 114 with this ring. Sure it's nice to have but it's not a game changer. :mrgreen:

runestark

Rawr, it isn't that it's doing something it never did before. Or an issue of soloing, though I imagine a few levels of having thunderstomp or bonus healing on the pet back might be nice.

It's that it's giving skills that have, as of BFA, been REMOVED for pet specs. The passives of all pet specs, no longer exist. Only one pet now has blood of the rhino, or heart of the phoenix, none of them have spiked collar or thunderstomp and so on. However if you pop on the ring, the REMOVED abilities, that pets no longer have, come back. Which is nice but feels.. off. 'Here, enjoy your pet's old abilities for a tiny bit longer and only if you equip this ring, but kiss them goodbye in four levels!'
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I got that, but it doesn't change the fact that having this ring doesn't make you the end all be all of soloing. The fact still stands if you can't solo it without the ring you probably can't solo it with the ring (though I have found a few combos of survival (not the spaec) legendaries that will let you almost solo anything). Having all the passive abilities are nice but loosing them isn't going to cripple you at 116. :mrgreen:

runestark

where does all this concern about soloing come from. I never mentioned it.