Exotic Beasts level 65 up from level 10?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Exotic Beasts level 65 up from level 10?

Unread post by Gregom »

Hey guys, sorry for starting a thread but i was really curious to what happened to the ability exotic beasts (http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=53270/exotic-beasts) and if it is really true :D

The pets like the worm Chordix or the worm Gnath (added in patch 5.1) or the chimaera called The Evalcharr and corehound called The Kurken who were earlier added but never available until patch 6.2 are really cool to have at lower levels and i would find it a little bit annoying to have to come back to tame them than to be able to tame them while leveling your character.

I think it would have more value as a 'bond' to have him tamed at a certain time when u come accross him by coincidence in your story of leveling and progressing than when u see it, are forced to kill or ignore it, and have to come back like (in gnaths case) +/- 40 levels later to tame him for his skin...

I tried to find a thread discussing this subject but couldnt really find one super fast. So can anyone check if it is true that they're only tameably if you're BM specced and are level 65 or above?

Have a great day and thanks for reading and answering!
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-06-11 at 14.49.00.png
Screenshot 2018-06-11 at 14.49.00.png (92.12 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Exotic Beasts level 65 up from level 10?

Unread post by Maizou »

I copied a level 20 Nightborne Hunter to the beta, and tried to tame a chimera in Azshara. I was unable to.

So for whatever reason, they did indeed increase the level requirement to 65.

I was also unable to summon the Chimera I tamed on live in my pet slot, said I couldn't control Exotic Beasts.
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Gregom »

Myzou wrote:I copied a level 20 Nightborne Hunter to the beta, and tried to tame a chimera in Azshara. I was unable to.

So for whatever reason, they did indeed increase the level requirement to 65.

I was also unable to summon the Chimera I tamed on live in my pet slot, said I couldn't control Exotic Beasts.
Thanks for checking Myzou!! And thanks for answering aswell :)
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Wonder what is going to happen to those lower than 65 with the SB or any other exotic :( I know it use to be level 65 before you could get an exotic a few expansions ago wonder why they changed it back.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've asked about this, and will let you know if I can. Hopefully it's not intended.

I think I'm going to have to record taming level as well as actual NPC level in the database, because it won't do to have lists of lower level beasts showing up on searches which players can't actually tame, but I also don't want to lose our existing level data.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I don't know why they keep changing the level at which you can tame exotics. It only makes sense that if you are beast mastery, you should be able to at level 10, since that is an integral part of your chosen spec.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

It makes zero sense to me why they moved it to 65 and not 10. People go BM so they can tame exotics more often than not, its an important part of being BM so why up it to 65 again.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

It strikes me as weird too, especially since back in Cata they added a bunch of exotic rares to the 1-60 leveling zones.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Honestly, exotic beasts as a whole is kind of an outdated system. BM can already have two pets now. Let MM and Survival tame Devilsaurs xP
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Clayford13 wrote:Honestly, exotic beasts as a whole is kind of an outdated system. BM can already have two pets now. Let MM and Survival tame Devilsaurs xP
A second pet that doesn't have any abilities is not the same thing as having a pet that has an extra ability. A lot of people don't even like having two pets. And even though Devilsaurs have been shrunk down a lot, there's still generally something extraordinary about exotic families thematically compared to non-exotic families.