Still No New Spirit Beast?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Still No New Spirit Beast?

Unread post by Novikova »

Not just days waiting for it.

Praying the competition doesn't beat and/or grief you.

Hoping some random dude(TM) doesn't kill it midtame. It's not great.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Speaking of taming methods. I really hope the "super rare meat drop with really buggy way to tame"-method doesn't return.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

With the way BfA zones scale, I hope it's not placed in a BfA zone.

That would mean one faction could tame it at 110 while the other has to wait for freaking level 120. That kind of disparity would suck.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Pewmew wrote:With the way BfA zones scale, I hope it's not placed in a BfA zone.

That would mean one faction could tame it at 110 while the other has to wait for freaking level 120. That kind of disparity would suck.
That might be why there hasn't been any special tames. Might be saving them for 8.1+ when the Horde and Alliance will be sharing the same content.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tomb wrote:Speaking of taming methods. I really hope the "super rare meat drop with really buggy way to tame"-method doesn't return.
You and me both. Or if it does...make the meat not rare. I can live with that then.

I like the tracking one a lot. Not fond of the 'beat em up til 20%' deal, but it's not a deal breaker.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Eaglesong
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Eaglesong »

Camping for Loque during Wrath was the first time I experienced the 'spit' emote from another player. I was shocked, I didn't even know at the time it existed. I have never forgotten how it made me feel. Of course, I've grown a much thicker skin these days :)

I enjoyed the MoP tracking the most. I honestly don't mind a good camp, but it's the toxic behavior of so many other players that makes it frustrating.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Something tells me Hati will be the Spirit Beast. Think of it like this; Hati is Skoll's brother, both wolves serve Thorim, and they're both made of lightning. Hati is basically all magic, considering he was so empowered by Titanstrike that he was going to die if not for you containing the power in the gun, yet he still sparks with electricity due to the overpowering force from the gun. Hati isn't a normal animal by any means, and is definitely more than just a regular wolf. As much as I disliked how buggy the dumb doggo's AI was all expansion, it'd be one hell of a disservice for it to not be a Spirit Beast upon returning. Of course, Hati had 5-6 different skins, so that clearly means it would need to either A) have multiple tameable appearances, or B) be a color changer. If I had a choice, I'd prefer option B since it'd be unique in many ways as a result. Plus, less stable space wasted when collecting all colors.

Also, as I mentioned a wolf that's not normal, I do want to point out Fenryr. This wolf should've been a Spirit Beast since it is not a normal wolf either. It's nice that I can use the big boy outside of BM, but let's face it; it's basically a gold Hati wearing a brown wolf's fur. It SHOULD be a Spirit Beast, especially considering how tough the thing was to tame.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm really hoping, for those who want him, that Hati will be added as a Spirit Beast. He was a core part of BM hunters, so it makes sense that BM hunters would be the ones to tame him again as opposed to the other specs. Other than that, a spectral devilsaur from the reanimated bones they've got going on would be kinda cool, as long as they keep the idea of lower respawn timers. Being able to say 'I waited x amount of hours for this pet' isn't quite as cool as just 'I have this pet now' -in my opinion.
WerebearGuy wrote:It SHOULD be a Spirit Beast, especially considering how tough the thing was to tame.
A little off topic, but not too much, I'm inclined to politely disagree here. Difficult tame =/= Spirit Beast. Also, I don't believe that Fenryr is a spirit. It doesn't make sense if you consider that Hati and Skoll, both of which are linked to Fenryr in mythology, are Spirit Beasts, but that's Blizzard. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Mana Sabers are also Spirit Beasts, yet are easy to obtain. This shows that Blizz is willing to make future SBs easier to obtain.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah I'm all for more easier Spirit Beasts, esp if they go that route for Hati. If we do have to re tame, I'd rather Hunters not have to fight with one another over a rare spawn with a long timer to "get back" something they lost.

That said, I also posted on Twitter to that thread that currently "Hati" is a reserved name, so if we do re tame, currently we can't name our pets Hati. Hopefully if taming is the way we see Hati again, they address that too :)

ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

Myzou wrote:Let's not forget they tried the rare spirit beast approach in Legion with Lightning Paw, Spectral Gryphon, and Lightning Raptor, and they were all very badly received by the majority of hunters.

Long Timers should be abandoned as a mechanic.
I think the reason why the gryphon and rapter were 'bad' received were due to their spawn point being in a MAJOR CITY of the OPPOSITE faction..

Lightning Paw was just fine. It felt like a hunt, running around, scouting, checking sites for updates, social media, etc. MAYBE, the camping a bush was a bit silly, Maybe could of gone of a burrow sighting, since foxes like to dig burrows.

Then again, the idea of the spirit fox was from a little girl from someone.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

ligewolf wrote:
Myzou wrote:Let's not forget they tried the rare spirit beast approach in Legion with Lightning Paw, Spectral Gryphon, and Lightning Raptor, and they were all very badly received by the majority of hunters.

Long Timers should be abandoned as a mechanic.
I think the reason why the gryphon and rapter were 'bad' received were due to their spawn point being in a MAJOR CITY of the OPPOSITE faction..

Lightning Paw was just fine. It felt like a hunt, running around, scouting, checking sites for updates, social media, etc. MAYBE, the camping a bush was a bit silly, Maybe could of gone of a burrow sighting, since foxes like to dig burrows.

Then again, the idea of the spirit fox was from a little girl from someone.
No, having 20 hunters camping every spawn location of Lightning Paw, even doubling up, is not a fun mechanic.

It encourages griefing.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I enjoyed Lightning Paw. I...never really saw anyone camping him. I just stumbled across him one day. I've quested through Duskwood a dozen times, never saw a hunter camping. The hunt was fun!

Not belittling your experience, Myzou. Proudmoore, to be fair, is also even more populated than Moon Guard as of late. It's the most populated server and like all the pvpers and raiders from Stormrage migrated there. So that may be part of the issue there.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I also enjoyed Lightning Paw and never had trouble finding him, because when I tamed him it was on Earthen Ring, which is a really dead RP server. I've tamed him like 3 separate times, actually. That said, Proudmoore is my main server and knowing how populated it is, I never gave it a serious try there, because I have the option of server hopping to Earthen Ring with my girlfriend's help, since she also has a character there.
Pixiestick
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Pixiestick »

Hmm hopefully they add one.
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I hope they do something like the Gara quest again. It might seem boring to people who just waited for the guide, but that was a fun puzzle to work out.
Enikka & Gara.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Gara type quest chain, but with mindworm type maze in it. And maybe a choice of different spirit beasts at the end (with different final challenges?!) It's less exciting when everyone has the same spirit beast, but you want to be using a current content pet.
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

How are all you Petopians doing? Considering we are leveling at two different locations, because of factions, I'm hoping for 2. Its nice seeing some old names still posting. Have fun all.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Good idea, that. Be cool to have something troll themed, like a spirit crawg (wouldn't that be something to see...) and a spirit wickerbeast for the respective faction zones.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Seeing we got confirmation our beloved annoying but cute storm mutt Hati is coming back part of me is thinking he will be the new spirit beast.