BfA Mounts page test

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

BfA Mounts page test

Unread post by Wain »

I've finally finished a WCM mount page showing all BfA mounts by model:
https://www.warcraftmounts.com/bfamodels.php

It includes unused looks and also some new mount models that don't appear to have sources yet (like the hovercraft).

I'd really appreciate it if you folks check it out and let me know if there are any typos / errors, graphical problems, before I tweet it.

Thanks! :D

BTW, I'm currently working on a companion page that will list all mounts by source type (dungeon drops, Arena, mount collection achievements, rep purchases, etc.) instead of model. It'll take a bit more time, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: BfA Mounts page test

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Very good job, Wain! The only issue that I can see is the hippo mount. It should be made available when the next pvp season starts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Very good job, Wain! The only issue that I can see is the hippo mount. It should be made available when the next pvp season starts.
Thanks ! :) Yeah, they just haven't announced when that starts yet, so it's listed as coming later :) They don't usually start the season right at expansion launch.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, do you know for sure if they're releasing the Vicious basilisks or the clefthoof/riverbeast this coming season? I presume only one pair will be but I don't know which.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would assume that they would trickle them through or release them alongside the faction-specific mounts. The clefthoof is Horde-only, and the Alliance counterpart is the vicious darkhound
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I would assume that they would trickle them through or release them alongside the faction-specific mounts. The clefthoof is Horde-only, and the Alliance counterpart is the vicious darkhound
Hmm, I wonder if they changed their minds on that, or if they're still working on it. The darkhound mount entry hasn't been added to the database, which makes the clefthoof to be the likely counterpart to the hippo now. Of course more may be added at the last minute.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, thanks for reminding me - I haven't added the darkhound :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Might've just missed it. I guess we'll see what happens when the next season starts :)

You bet :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tweeted the page:

https://twitter.com/warcraftmounts/stat ... 64672?s=21

I've linked it to the main menu on WCM. Thanks for your feedback :)

I added the darkhound mount and bee mounts to the unused models section. I forgot how cute and creative the bee mounts are, with their honey pots and honey dippers on their backs, and the fact they do the waggle dance!

I decided not to include the Hive Mind that looks like a Yogg Saron brain - the model doesn't even have mount functions yet and there's no entry in the database. I think it was removed and it feels like it's in a fairly raw state. Maybe they put it off till later.

I also added better descs to the Vicious mounts to explain the uncertainty as to which will be released first. I'm not entirely convinced the darkhound was meant to be a Vicious Mount and haven't made any mention of that part - as far as I can tell, looking back at old news, that part seems to have been speculation started by Wowhead, and also there's no mention of 'Vicious' in its model name or icon name when there almost always is with those mounts. And if it was a Vicious Mount then it looks like we would currently have 3 Alliance vs 2 Horde upcoming, but there could be another on the way, too. I guess we'll see. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help, and again, great work :)

Yeah, I was hoping for the Hive Mind, but I can see several potential issues arrive with a mount that was supposedly capable of carrying a lot of people. Like you said, maybe it'll show up later.

My reasoning for that Darkhound being a vicious mount is due to the Clefthoof being the vicious mount of the Mag'har. Dark Irons are the counterpart to the Mag'har, and Dark Irons utilize darkhounds. Further, it is wearing Dark Iron-themed armor, so it makes sense that it would be. We'll see :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

True, though the clefthoof has no mention of race in its name, just Horde, and the detailing is just generic Horde, I think.

I'm not sure they've gone to Allied Races for Vicious Mount themes yet, but they totally should! Vicious moose and mana saber :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Not really a BFA-related change but I made a small change to all mounts displayed on WCM: the thumbnails now have a Horde or Alliance icon next to their name if they're faction restricted. I made them a similar height to the text so they didn't interfere with the name formatting, but hopefully they're not too small. Thanks to Veph for feedback :)

I'm also working on a WCM page that displays all the BFA mounts by source, rather than model. This is still in a rough state and needs notes added to the sections, and some prettying up:

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/bfasource.php

I'm getting there, though.

I may also reduce the size of the large mount thumbnails by a tiny bit. What do you think? Are they currently a little big for ease of page viewing?