War of the Thorns annoyances

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: War of the Thorns annoyances

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I would say the Alliance players have been saying stuff about Hordies since Garrosh and Cata. I mean don't both sides do that shit? I'd rather people would stop really. (I was joking after all XD)

I was more making a comment on how he has in the past not cared about that kingdom. He could of helped when Lordaeron needed it when the Scourge invaded but he didn't. I was just jesting XD

Anyway this is getting off topic so back to burnt trees and smelly cities!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I would say the Alliance players have been saying stuff about Hordies since Garrosh and Cata. I mean don't both sides do that shit? I'd rather people would stop really. (I was joking after all XD)

I was more making a comment on how he has in the past not cared about that kingdom. He could of helped when Lordaeron needed it when the Scourge invaded but he didn't. I was just jesting XD

Yeah I'm sorry that really wasn't aimed at you in particular just a button was pressed XD Now back to our regularly scheduled programme :hug:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just had a thought. With Sylvanas's current obsession with burning things, I would NOT want to be an Alliance druid in one of those new wicker forms in BfA. They should have gone for stone forms :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I would say the Alliance players have been saying stuff about Hordies since Garrosh and Cata. I mean don't both sides do that shit? I'd rather people would stop really. (I was joking after all XD)

Yeah I'm sorry that really wasn't aimed at you in particular just a button was pressed XD Now back to our regularly scheduled programme :hug:
S'all good :hug:
Wain wrote:Just had a thought. With Sylvanas's current obsession with burning things, I would NOT want to be an Alliance druid in one of those new wicker forms in BfA. They should have gone for stone forms :P
Yeah not the best form to go with :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Just did the horde side of the scenario and poor Baine :( Kinda hope he ends up in charge as he seems to truly care about the horde. Surprised at Lorthemar - him and Sylvannas have never gotten on (also at the courtyard battle was kinda funny seeing him run back and fourth haha!). And its interesting at the blight spreading bit you get a choice whether to use it or just the mask (with Saurfang telling you to be honorable). My blood elf paladin has more honor than to poison troops im happy to say :)

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I suspect that Saurfang will get the honorable death that he wants. It might be against Sylvanas or it be via him saving the Alliance and/or the Horde. I wouldn't mind him as Warchief if he wasn't so old. Would rather have a Warchief that sticks around for a while, like Baine.

I also think that Nathanos will turn against Sylvanas at some point and become the new leader of the Forsaken.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Forsaken sure have no shortage of potential future leaders now... Nathanos, Lilian Voss, Calia Menethil...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I actually really like the idea of Baine for Warchief. I think he would be far better at it than the recent warchiefs (excluding Vol'jin).

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You know what would be nice? A character dying of old age. Just have Suarfang sit down and never get up XD
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

cowmuflage wrote:You know what would be nice? A character dying of old age. Just have Suarfang sit down and never get up XD
He still might... dying in Stormwind Stockades isn't exactly honourable, mind you.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Honestly I am a little miffed at what happened to Vol'jin and will remain miffed for quite some time. He seemed like a good, perfectly responsible guy and i'm disappointed that they did absolutely nothing with him before killing him off asap. =/
I wouldn't mind Baine as warchief. I liked him before and liked him even more in the cinematic. I think at this point unless they pull another Kerrigan (ugh) Sylvanas will have to go. But after that I really, really hope the Horde get a stable warchief. And I second the whole dying of old age thing. I know its world of WAR craft but not everyone has to die young for the shock value.

I do feel that horde are kind of getting the short end of the stick with this game of hot potato for Warchief. the Ally got to see Varian change into a much wiser, more compassionate leader due to the relationship he had with his son. We got years of really nice buildup where we saw Anduin learn and grow into a strong character before finally becoming king. Meanwhile Horde are all but drawing names from a hat every xpack with very little buildup or warning in comparison.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:You know what would be nice? A character dying of old age. Just have Suarfang sit down and never get up XD
He still might... dying in Stormwind Stockades isn't exactly honourable, mind you.
I don't think he'll die there tbh. He let Malfurion go and I can't see Anduin letting anyone just rot away in prison. He'll probably help the Alliance overthrow her or die some heroic death otherwise the Horde will take him back and he'll retire somewhere like Cow wants and just die in his sleep :)

Shadowlands

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

cowmuflage wrote:Anduin should invest in a muzzle for Genn ;p
still the best quote from a cutscene in a long time. :D

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Valnaaros wrote:I suspect that Saurfang will get the honorable death that he wants. It might be against Sylvanas or it be via him saving the Alliance and/or the Horde. I wouldn't mind him as Warchief if he wasn't so old. Would rather have a Warchief that sticks around for a while, like Baine.

I also think that Nathanos will turn against Sylvanas at some point and become the new leader of the Forsaken.
That is an interesting take, especially in light that Nathanos is all but Sylvanas' consort (for obvious reasons).

The balance of power for both factions is going to get very interesting in BFA, especially with new allies coming into the fold.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.