What pets are you going to use to level up?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valhim
Realm: Dun Modr

What pets are you going to use to level up?

Unread post by Valhim »

Yo guys, So let's make a list of pet that you'll be using in BfA until lvl 120, there's mine:

1-Rhino/Clefthoof ->10% leech, Primal rage, and very tanky with Blood of the rhino and Triggered Defense, perfect for leveling

2- Water strider -> Just if you don't have the MoP aquatic mount, very useful in bfa (7/10 too much water), +pathfinder for faster traveling

3-Pterrordax -> just for pvp, +pathfinder for movment, Master's Call and slow fall, I'll be in warmode so I guess we'll PvP a lot

4-Spirit beast/free -> I haven't tried the beta, so I'll choose while leveling if I need more heals or not

5-Free: Maybe while leveing we find a new glitch pet, that ones that get fixed between hours, so we need to get prepared ^^1
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: What pets are you ging to use to level up?

Unread post by Krysteena »

Seeing as I'll be taking Krys through first, I'll do what pets she'll be taking through. I also hope I'm not being too extra with adding screenshots

Felrius will always be my first pet with me in new content, as he's always in the first pet call slot and, now, has a very useful bloodlust effect that will come in handy when fighting those big bad mobs we'll be seeing more of in BfA.

Thalanos will be the second, and last, pet that I'll be taking through. He'll be called on for if Krys is feeling particularly squishy when fighting mobs, or Felrius can't hold aggro. I had a problem at the start of Legion with that sort of thing so now I'm prepared. I think.

All in all, not many pets being taken over on my end. I don't like having my pet call slots above 3 just in case I come across something to tame, which, with the excitement of BfA, will definitely be a common occurrence.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What pets are you going to use to level up?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hmm probably pterrordax, spirit beast, water strider. Will tame a krolusk first thing as well. As always, my fifth slot is for rotating other pets through, though I'll be favoring my new tames at first.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'll be going in with just my classic white bear, Winterclaw, and a bunch of empty slots. I think I'm just going to tame stuff as I go to try out different models and I'll make it up as I go along. It'll be fun just trying things out :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Heading into BfA with Skorn as my only active pet, and I'll tame as I go. :) I'll probably use a different new pet for each zone I quest through. Definitely grabbing a saurolisk and diemetradon early on!
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I'm going in with two active pets, my RP companion moonsaber and a blue-black waterstrider. I know that early tames for me will be the White Ravasaur and White Raven!

Valashe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Valashe »

I'm going to use a Spirit Beast, since they are all purpose; most likely Loque'nahak.

Keeping my other pet slots open for when i see something interesting to tame. :D

Queen of teh Squerlz!

View my stable!

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I'm taking a silithid (Hive Controller) and Loque'nahak. I run soooo fast with the silithid and trailblazer

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm probably going survival, so, no spirit beasts for me this time. I'm considering a scalehide for questing, but I don't have a good bond with one, so I don't know. I have a nice bat and stag for dungeons. However, if I'm being honest, I'm just going to go tame this one crab I had in beta and level with him, though, so I don't know why I'm planning anything! :lol:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I typically start with a red crab, CapnD. I'm going to be switching them to the BfA skin, from the LK skin. Crab's ability still hasn't been fixed, though, so I'll probably switch to something new. Like a bee!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Grimtotem Spirit guide, as always.
Always take them with me for new content. Usually only bring out the other pets when dinking around in the city.

Siggy under construction!

Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

So far I’ve been rolling with my scythehorn, and pulling out my new white raven when the mood suits me. I’ve been taking a lot of critters, but I don’t hold onto most of them for long— they’re nice, but don’t suit my hunter’s personality too terribly much.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm leveling Lunaire currently and she's had Thok with her for the most part.

I grabbed Queenfeather (now called Magistrix) last night (freeze trap is a must, otherwise she'll constantly interrupt your tame) and I love her. These raptors have lovely, expressive eyes.

The paladin in the screenshot is my boyfriend's main. I forgot to mog her pants and boots because I was tired. Shh!

While my boyfriend and I were after a treasure in the Rootway, this guy really wanted to become my friend as he suddenly aggroed me from out of nowhere. I had to scramble and dismiss Magistrix so I could tame him. I named him Noir and I instantly bonded with him.
Attachments
LunaireThok.jpg
LunaireThok.jpg (385.48 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
LunaireMagistrix.jpg
LunaireMagistrix.jpg (250.43 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
LunaireNoir.jpg
LunaireNoir.jpg (288.95 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
Last edited by Falcon on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bashkarr
Realm: Madoran, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Bashkarr »

I couldn't decide whether to level my H-side or A-side hunter first, but went with Horde so I could get that lovely new beige hyena right away. I'm enjoying the speed boost as we kill absolutely every mob in our path hoping for the matching mount drop! Other than him, my faithful Grimtotem Spirit Guide is always in my first slot-- he never gets stabled and never will, he and Loque ("Boomkitten" after the way they used to use Moonfire back in Wrath like a Boomkin) are my go-to content clearers. Hope to see you out there!
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've got 3 pets with me and 2 empty slots, which I'm sure I'll fill quickly. (even with 10 new stable slots, there are going to have to be some hard decisions made)

As I've done in most expansions, I'll have Peck (the tallstrider formerly known as Mazzranache) with me. He's been my leveling buddy since Vanilla. I'll also have GIR (formerly Chromaggus) along. Even with the changes, I still have a 'tank' pet for the 3rd slot. Currently, that's the extra tiny Jeremiah (Bufo).
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My first new tame was this gorgeous raptor, fittingly after I had chosen Gonk as my loa. :)

He reminded me of a vampire so I named him Feratu.
Biarnius

Unread post by Biarnius »

My primary companion for BfA so far has been my black owl cat named Beaky. He's pretty tough, sleek and has that very useful updraft ability. I'll post pics in the morning when I get home.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Running about with a couple ghost puppers from Kara right now. I like the extra movement speed. I have Nibbles and my Loque (Coldsnap) with me as alternatives. I just love the darkhounds and have been running with them since the War of the Thorns. Named them each after gods of The Wild Hunt, as to me....right now Sylvanas has issued (and leads) the Wild Hunt in WoW. Ahaha. (Also amusing since the lead of the Wild Hunt can be an undead of some sort.)

Attachments
3dfa32f1d67630c3d3cb9427d325fcc4.jpg
3dfa32f1d67630c3d3cb9427d325fcc4.jpg (355.95 KiB) Viewed 3911 times

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Biarnius

Unread post by Biarnius »

Here we go. I've grown quite fond of Beaks over the few hours I've played since BfA release... He's quickly becoming my #1 companion.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081518_093823.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081518_093823.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I love the white Raptor. Though there are other non-named ones just on the border between the two zones where they are listed. I forget the exact name, but it was something-raptor (I'll come back and correct this post if I find the exact name), rather than an actual name. There's even a pair running around together, freeze-trap one and then tame the other, dismiss then tame the freeze-trapped one. They don't interrupt your tame, easy as pie.

I REALLY wanted the black Sabertusk, but honestly, when I tamed it.. it looked like in your image. Simply not black enough. It doesn't resemble the colour scheme it has when it's in our stables. I wish they'd just gone a TINY bit darker, so it looked at least almost black in bright light.

Which reminds me: I actually had trouble finding black Sabertusks. Where they are supposed to spawn there were mostly green ones, with the exact same name. I ended up having to tame a few before I finally found a black one (they were hidden in bushes so it was hard to see if they were black or not. I ended up taming the "nameplate" then waiting for the result when they came rushing at me. I think I had to "abandon" 3 of them.)
Falconcrest wrote:I grabbed Queenfeather (now called Magistrix) last night (freeze trap is a must, otherwise she'll constantly interrupt your tame) and I love her. These raptors have lovely, expressive eyes.

The paladin in the screenshot is my boyfriend's main. I forgot to mog her pants and boots because I was tired. Shh!

While my boyfriend and I were after a treasure in the Rootway, this guy really wanted to become my friend as he suddenly aggroed me from out of nowhere. I had to scramble and dismiss Magistrix so I could tame him. I named him Noir and I instantly bonded with him.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.