Pets not scaleable (

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
endow

Pets not scaleable (

Unread post by endow »

Shore Saurid Matriarch is NOT scaleable. It is level 120 and cannot be tamed until you are level 120.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Pets not scaleable (

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That would be a bug, then. I know that they weren't originally like that. Should report it on the official bug forums or an ingame bug report :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If it's a bug, it's very wide-spread. I am finding many, many mobs at 120 while I'm at 110.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Are the mobs you guys looking at on the opposite faction's zones? I remember watching a video where the guy in it mentioned that, if you're on the campaign to the other faction's zones, only the mobs in the quest areas will scale and the ones outside of the campaign questing won't scale.

Unless that's not the case and there's just a lot of buggy scaling going on, of course :)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm in Nazmir on my alliance character from the campaign and I'm not able to tame any creatures as they aren't scaling. I will have to come back later :b

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Oh! I remember that from the Beta. Yeah, if you're in the opposing faction's continent prior to being 120, most of the mobs are not scaled.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I just posted over on the 'Battle for Azeroth Creatures' thread as I did not see this post. Sorry. I will post this here as well.

Many of the tameable creatures in faction specific zones don't scale for the opposing faction. Example, I just went to Zandalar to tame a white raptor on my lightforged huntress and they are all 120 (including the rare). They do not scale for alliance. Seems to be the same if you are horde and go to Kul'Tiras to tame something. Does anyone know if this is intended? Honestly, it kind of sucks if it is. I'm hoping it's an oversight/bug. :(
Krysteena wrote:I do wonder if it's intentional as to keep people from wandering through areas they shouldn't be whilst they do the campaign. A little strange, especially as it means you need to be max in order to tame a pet in the opposite faction's zone, but seeing as it's a wide scale problem as opposed to a few buggy mobs, part of me wonders if this is an intentional countermeasure to something. What that 'something' is, I wouldn't know. Warmode, maybe?
But the thing is you can go over to those zones through the war campaign quest line. That's how I got over there as alliance. So to me it just seems odd and a bit annoying not to be able to tame certain beasts either faction hunter would want by their side as they quest to 120, especially since they are able to be in the areas to tame them at lower levels. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That's why I'm very confused as to why they've decided to turn scaling off outside of war campaign areas - if that's what they've done - because you'd need to be 120 to tame pets on the opposite faction's side. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want you wandering off too far whilst doing the campaign until you're max level and it's a means to keep you in a certain area?

Seems a little silly, tbh, as it's more bothersome than a good thing, but Blizzard works in mysterious ways :')
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Krysteena wrote:That's why I'm very confused as to why they've decided to turn scaling off outside of war campaign areas - if that's what they've done - because you'd need to be 120 to tame pets on the opposite faction's side. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want you wandering off too far whilst doing the campaign until you're max level and it's a means to keep you in a certain area?

Seems a little silly, tbh, as it's more bothersome than a good thing, but Blizzard works in mysterious ways :')
I agree. I may just use a few of the blizz balance cards I have lying around to faction change, then tame what I want horde side in the three days before I can faction change back. :lol: Then with my luck, they'll hot fix this by next week. ;) Oh well, it's not like I'm using them for anything else.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think it is intended. The initial war campaign quests are meant for you to set up the main base in the enemy's territory. You are not there yet to quest or explore - that is for lvl 120, which is the lvl that Blizz has stated is when you really delve into the other continent.
Senior
Realm: WRA

Unread post by Senior »

I've noticed it as a fresh 113 trying to tame Sabretron;he wouldn't scale down
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

This is probably not intentionally aimed at hunters specifically, but meant to keep the factions as a whole from cross romping the other's continent until max level. Considering how much they fluffed up the 'one faction levels here, one faction levels over here' thing.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Phantazya
Realm: US - Whisperwind

Unread post by Phantazya »

Yeah I found out the hard way Torraske is not scalable either due to the fact I am on an alliance character. Rather disappointing really but makes me want to get to 120 that much faster lmao.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, damn, another complication! I haven't done the war campaign yet. Essentially, is the situation that you pick a zone and all the mobs in that zone will scale, but everything in other zones won't?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I believe there's a set area in which you do your campaign (someone may have to correct me on this, as I'm leaving my war campaign till 120) and then everything outside of that campaign area is 120, not necessarily just the two other zones you're not in.

I think, anyway. Like I said, someone may need to correct me on that, but I do believe that everything that's not for your faction at the start is 120, and certain mobs will scale down depending on the campaign you're on.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, thanks everyone for explaining the situation :)

I've added a clarification as a footnote under each pet table, like:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... trosswhite

Hopefully that's enough for now.
Phantazya
Realm: US - Whisperwind

Unread post by Phantazya »

Actually I was in the campaign area I chose the thing is I was not in the campaign part of it. I was in a different area of the same zone. Everything in that area was 120. I did however have a friend saying that some mobs were not scaling in the warfront area she was in. Some were some weren't correctly and it was randomly happening. But this was literally I left the area I was suppose to be in and beyond that point they were all 120.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Phantazya wrote:Actually I was in the campaign area I chose the thing is I was not in the campaign part of it. I was in a different area of the same zone. Everything in that area was 120. I did however have a friend saying that some mobs were not scaling in the warfront area she was in. Some were some weren't correctly and it was randomly happening. But this was literally I left the area I was suppose to be in and beyond that point they were all 120.

Pretty much this. Any time I stepped off the path of setting up my foothold, everything there was 120. Only the things essential to you setting up your foot hold seemed to scale. Everything off 'the beaten path' wasn't. So take care friends, don't wanderlust too hard until max level.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We've had a report on Twitter that other-faction-zone pets that are 120 can be tamed at 118. Is anyone able to confirm this? Are all pets 112 and above tameable at 2 levels lower? :/
Longshot
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Longshot »

Wain wrote:We've had a report on Twitter that other-faction-zone pets that are 120 can be tamed at 118. Is anyone able to confirm this? Are all pets 112 and above tameable at 2 levels lower? :/
Took my freshly dinged 118 Alliance Hunter to Nazmir to get a Hippo, still showing as level 120. Note I forgot to turn off War Mode so thanks to the Horde of Argent Dawn for allowing me to run through Nazmir shitting my pants just waiting for a ranged attack to cancel my surface trot :D