8.1 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.1 Beasts

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I haven't seen them at all and I've been around a few areas (including Nazmir) where they could be located. There is a good chance they are IE mobs :/
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

They could also be a part of the Loa encounter in Battle of Dazar'alor too, no?

Only 3 of the 6 Loa are present each week, and to my knowledge, only Paku, Gonk, and Akunda were tested.

It's possible Krag'wa's mechanic is that he summons adds? Especially since out of all the Loa, he is associated with having a ton of children.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Myzou wrote:They could also be a part of the Loa encounter in Battle of Dazar'alor too, no?

Only 3 of the 6 Loa are present each week, and to my knowledge, only Paku, Gonk, and Akunda were tested.

It's possible Krag'wa's mechanic is that he summons adds? Especially since out of all the Loa, he is associated with having a ton of children.
Could be. Could also be a mini boss spawned by a WQ for Dazar'alor.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would suspect not raid boss spawns, but only because these toads all have a "rare" flag, which would be less common on a raid mob. A raid NPC could have that flag anyway, especially if they don't occur every week (or even by accident - we've seen plenty of those!), but it just makes me think it's more likely to be IE.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

First and as always ask forgiveness for my English.

I have seen that the toads of Temple of Sethralis are going to be tame in 8.1 and I wanted to ask if anyone has tried to tame the Blight Toad of the Waycrest Manor dungeon, https://www.wowhead.com/npc=135052/blight-toad

They are only 2 pulls they invoke and last a little time but they can freeze with the freeze trap.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven't, but they may not be a good model to be made tamable. I've noticed that when they shoot out their tongue, they do not open their mouth. The tongue just clips through the mouth.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I haven't, but they may not be a good model to be made tamable. I've noticed that when they shoot out their tongue, they do not open their mouth. The tongue just clips through the mouth.
Weird, in the model viewer, they do.

Honestly, the least sensible candidate for tameable toads are actually the only ones that are currently conventionally tameable. They don't open their mouth and don't even have a tongue. They just hop up at their enemy.

They really ought to make both the big chap toads tameable and the smaller versions like the Blight Toad.
Myzou wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I have great news! The Plague Toad in Temple of Sethraliss (on all difficulties) is tamable! This is the first tamable dire toad :)

Taming this will be very difficult with a pug group. They are low on health and will die upon contact with other players. I had a Druid hibernate one before I attempted to tame it. Best to come in here with either a full group of friends or guildies, or to see if you could possibly 2-3 man this place with people you know.
Oh dear god that sounds like it's gonna be hell to tame.
For sure, but it sounds like a worthy hell. That model is really great and I'm still puzzled Blizzard hasn't made it widely available yet.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Tily
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Tily »

Qraljar wrote: On an unrelated note, I don't know if it has been reported yet but the Bee idle animation has been fixed. No more shuckin' and jivin'

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I am so ready for tomorrow. Gunna grab Somber Dawn on both my hunters. Woot!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote:I am so ready for tomorrow. Gunna grab Somber Dawn on both my hunters. Woot!
Good luck!

My first aim, when the patch goes live at 2 am, is to look for an LFR group for Zul in the hope he drops the Tome. It'd be so good to finally report a source.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If anyone is playing when 8.1 goes live and wants to check raids as well, please report back here :) I don't have a raid group to go with so I'll just be doing LFR and only have one chance.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

My tank friend will be queueing with me ASAP. I’m excited!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No luck on LFR Zul wing. I didn't see it drop for anyone. Trying a Normal PUG now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nothing off of Zul on Normal. Either is not guaranteed to drop or Zul isn't the source :/
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

I’m gonna farm blood trolls and that “rare” crawg when I get a chance. Might just be like the Dinomancy tome.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sarynotsorry wrote:I’m gonna farm blood trolls and that “rare” crawg when I get a chance. Might just be like the Dinomancy tome.
Unless it purposefully wasn't on the loot table in the ptr or is extremely rare, they don't drop it. I've spent a ton of time farming Blood Trolls, Crawgs, Ticks, Mogu, and Zul-aligned Zandalari. Nothing :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Nothing off of Zul on Normal. Either is not guaranteed to drop or Zul isn't the source :/
Same :(
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Oh no.

Should we ask Muffinus for a hint? Considering we know next to nothing?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Edit: I did a thing and vented much frustration, apologies.

Anyways-I did have a question-no dire toads anywhere else found so far? I am about to go look myself, but want to find a good way to get one. My best buddy wants one but I don't think we can solo that instance to that point for one.
Last edited by Shade on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote:Oh no.

Should we ask Muffinus for a hint? Considering we know next to nothing?
I think he said at one point that he usually will not give hints. If this is a secret, which it may or may not be, then he most likely won't say anything that would help us.