8.1 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 8.1 Beasts

Unread post by Vephriel »

Teigan wrote:
Quiv wrote: On an unrelated note, I don't know if it has been reported yet but the Bee idle animation has been fixed. No more shuckin' and jivin'
Yay! I can finally use a bee!
This is great news! I love bees but haven't been able to get past that glitchy animation, can't wait to properly have one at my side. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Off topic, but one of our diseased bear pages got reported to Google as "shocking content". Gah. It'd be funny if it didn't mean having to file reports and reviews. :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Can confirm that the Abyssal Eel in Shrine of the Storm is still not tamable.
Wow, thanks for checking! It's hard to get groups on the PTR. Sad result, though. They'd make such awesome pets. But maybe they want to save them for Nazjatar. Them, and 40000 crabs :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Happy to help :D

That's my guess. They did say that there would be new pets for Hunters, so it is possible that they might be added then or made into their own family :)
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

Wain wrote:Off topic, but one of our diseased bear pages got reported to Google as "shocking content". Gah. It'd be funny if it didn't mean having to file reports and reviews. :(
lol wtf xD can u give us more details about this? im curious?

signature by spiritbinder
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ilixirshy wrote:
Wain wrote:Off topic, but one of our diseased bear pages got reported to Google as "shocking content". Gah. It'd be funny if it didn't mean having to file reports and reviews. :(
lol wtf xD can u give us more details about this? im curious?
There aren't a lot more details. Google Adsense sent us an email that we had "policy violations" that needed to be addressed and we had to check our policy center in our Google account. That's all they said. Finding out what the violations actually are requires navigating the Kafkaesque nightmare of Google's account control. It's buried many layers deep in a place you don't expect it to be. Eventually I found it, and all that was listed was the URL for our "Diseased Blue Bear" look page, with the generic report that it contained "Shocking content". The cartoon bear has some nasty sores and scars on it, but it's hardly shocking or explicit or depicting animal cruelty. Our only recourse is to click the "review" button, which is automated and doesn't even allow you to provide a rebuttal or explanation. Google is terrible.

I assume it wasn't a real troll, because they could have reported all the diseased bear pages. It's probably some numpty that saw the pic in Google images and reported it with minimal brain cell power.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Valnaaros wrote:The Son of Xolotal has also been made tamable :)

The Avatar of Xolotal is not tamable.

Are they wolves or spirit beasts?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They are wolves.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:They are wolves.
I'm both happy and sad about that. I've been thinking of switching back to BM, so I'd like them to be a spirit beast. But then, if I don't, I can still use one in SV. Hmph. Really though, I'm surprised they're not spirit beasts.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Valnaaros wrote:They are wolves.

Bummer. The only thing I dislike about BM right now is being locked into using spirit beasts. Most of the models are outdated and I’m tired of them all. I want new ones.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

LOVE that the Son of Xolotal aren't spirit beasts. I can use them regardless of spec <3 <3 I'm so excited!
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Sarynotsorry wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:The Son of Xolotal has also been made tamable :)

The Avatar of Xolotal is not tamable.

Are they wolves or spirit beasts?

I would love one of those <3 <3

Signature Made By Senenith

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Too bad they changed the model to a blue Gara instead of what it was like on Beta of Hati.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I finally confirmed that the "Pollen-Coated" spawns for Herbalists farming Siren's Song are now tameable (bee in Kul Tiras and blood tick in Zandalar). Neither are a unique appearance but it's a cool source. Originally I spent hours herbing on the PTR but none spawned, but once I did the quest to upgrade my Siren's Song gathering to rank 2 I started seeing them occasionally. Maybe 1 in 20 times?
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

Vephriel wrote:
Teigan wrote:
Quiv wrote: On an unrelated note, I don't know if it has been reported yet but the Bee idle animation has been fixed. No more shuckin' and jivin'
Yay! I can finally use a bee!
This is great news! I love bees but haven't been able to get past that glitchy animation, can't wait to properly have one at my side. :D
Would anyone be able to get a gif or something of the new animations? (No time for PTR shenanigans here).
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

KeyLimeSerpent wrote: Would anyone be able to get a gif or something of the new animations? (No time for PTR shenanigans here).
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=126973/barb ... iewer:10+0
They just idle properly now! No more sudden glitchy jump.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Zangor wrote:thats the most dissapointing thing ever. considering we have had access to Thok for a long time now, you'd think the one added in before him would be tameable by now. Is it a matter of people wanting to kill him since hes a world boss? I could have sworn all the pandaria bosses respawn very fast nowadays.
Haven't they said that Oodnasta won't be tameable due to the model being different parts?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Zangor wrote:thats the most dissapointing thing ever. considering we have had access to Thok for a long time now, you'd think the one added in before him would be tameable by now. Is it a matter of people wanting to kill him since hes a world boss? I could have sworn all the pandaria bosses respawn very fast nowadays.
Haven't they said that Oodnasta won't be tameable due to the model being different parts?
No, that was the iron juggernaut. The mecha scorpion model that has the gun on its back is a composite model. Horridon and Oondasta are both single models and I’m not aware of any technical reason they couldn’t be tameable.

I’m not too surprised that no old raid beasts were made tameable in 8.1. Jeremy and team concentrated on BfA stuff that wasn’t made tameable at launch, and the compies on Isle of Thunder were included because they were switched to the new model recently. Also, I didn’t include any older stuff in my possible tames list. Perhaps some would have if I had included them, but I didn’t want to be greedy. I’ll add older stuff next, in case they want to make them tameable in the future.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:I have great news! The Plague Toad in Temple of Sethraliss (on all difficulties) is tamable! This is the first tamable dire toad :)

Taming this will be very difficult with a pug group. They are low on health and will die upon contact with other players. I had a Druid hibernate one before I attempted to tame it. Best to come in here with either a full group of friends or guildies, or to see if you could possibly 2-3 man this place with people you know.
Oh dear god that sounds like it's gonna be hell to tame.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A bunch of rare toads with that model were added to Wowhead in 8.1, but none of them have locations listed so I'm unsure if they're in the game and I certainly haven't run across them.
The rares added to the 8.1 database are: In addition, added to the database in 8.0 but never found (so probably never added): They could always be new IE mobs, in which case they'll never be tameable.