New Druid Forms!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

New Druid Forms!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Kul Tiran Boomkin forms ans Zandalari Aquatic Forms have been datamined!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: New Druid Forms!

Unread post by Sukurachi »

any idea why the aquatic forms are different colours?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Might work like other Druid forms in that if you change your hair/skin color, you change the form's color.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Highmountains have a new Boomkin form

Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I am drooling over that Zandalari form!!!! It's like an ichthyosaur, what a great crocoshark. :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

That Zandalari form really makes me wish Blizzard could make aquatic pets work. A hunter pet Mosasaur (type) creature is just too cool.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Gotta say the Kul'tiran boomkin is a let down. I was hoping for something more fierce and feral like the wicker golems in Drustvar. This reminds me more of a Westfall harvester robot.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I love the boomkin for Kul'tirans! Wicker Chicken!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The Kul Tiran moonkin is absolutely amazing. It looks just as you'd expect a bipedal chicken would look if it was suited to a deviant's fetish for twigs and bones.
The Zandalar aquatic form is objectively top tier, because who DOESN'T like Mosasaurs? They were apex predators, they look like dragon whales, and they got a nice albeit ridiculous spotlight in Jurassic World.
Highmountain Tauren got nice moonkin forms too. Though, HM Tauren are objectively junk compared to proper Tauren. I'll have a reason to play the one I made now at least.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I have to revise my initial statement about being disappointed in the Kul'tiran moonkin form. I've had a moment to really consider the wickerchicken and have decided it is completely inappropriate and hideous and I love it. Especially when it dances. Wickerchicken for life.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

A Wickercken? :lol: Thats fun to say, wickercken :D :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wickerchicken 4 lyfe!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Man and here I thought the troll aquatic from was just going to be a troll in swimming trunks and flippers with a snorkel ;-;
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote:Man and here I thought the troll aquatic from was just going to be a troll in swimming trunks and flippers with a snorkel ;-;
Glyph of the Scuba Loa?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Don't really care for the Kul Tiran Moonkin form. I was never fond of moonkin, and I still am not. The themes for Kul Tiran druids seem rather inconsistent. Here, we have a bony/twig-based look for the druid forms, and then the moonkin form just looks like, well, a spookier moonkin.

Moonkins are an Elunite thing, a part of night elf druidism. Kul Tiran druids practice Drust-based magics, which result in far more slender, creepy Leshen-type creatures. I think it's a bit of a wasted opportunity. I know moonkin are really popular among a small demographic and seen as endearing for how they look and how long they've been around, but I personally rarely see any druid that isn't specced to Glyph of the Stars.

But that's just my take on it. I think it could've been cool. Then again, it just makes it easier for me to pick Zandalari, which I was going to do anyway! :lol:
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Qraljar wrote:Don't really care for the Kul Tiran Moonkin form. I was never fond of moonkin, and I still am not. The themes for Kul Tiran druids seem rather inconsistent. Here, we have a bony/twig-based look for the druid forms, and then the moonkin form just looks like, well, a spookier moonkin.

Moonkins are an Elunite thing, a part of night elf druidism. Kul Tiran druids practice Drust-based magics, which result in far more slender, creepy Leshen-type creatures. I think it's a bit of a wasted opportunity. I know moonkin are really popular among a small demographic and seen as endearing for how they look and how long they've been around, but I personally rarely see any druid that isn't specced to Glyph of the Stars.

But that's just my take on it. I think it could've been cool. Then again, it just makes it easier for me to pick Zandalari, which I was going to do anyway! :lol:
This. While I'm neutral towards moonkin myself, I also feel that the Kul Tiran moonkin form doesn't really fit in with the wicker beast aesthetic presented by the other forms. I'll still unlock the race and roll a Kul Tiran druid, but she'll probably be going Feral spec while my Zandalari druid will be Balance.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I can agree with both Qraljar and Falconcrest. Most of the Drust magik makes things THICC AS REDWOODS or Sleek Twiggies. To me, that Moonkin is......neither. I'm also disappointed by that form, because it was a great moment to also give alliance access to the Arakkoa skeleton they used for the Z. Troll Moonkin form. I've even seen artistic interpretations of what it could have looked like and their idea was far better to me. I do plan to roll a Druid Kul'Tiran regardless, but I'll likely either be running in Bear, Cat, or use a Glyph of Stars.

However, I will point out that my opinion is very biased as I -really- don't care for the original Moonkin at all and never use that model if I can help it. It's just one of those that don't click with me. So take my words as grains of salt. If ya like it, though, power to ya and enjoy that giant wicker chicken! I'm just sad it wasn't a Arakkoa rig.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, I'm still gonna use Glyph of Stars! That thing looks like it came from the body farm! I know Drust constructs are flesh, bone and wood, but this thing is a bit heavy on the flesh side. But I can enjoy it's grotesque hilarity, because, well, when life hands you wickerchickens, make them dance?
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I was really hoping for something like those wicker constructs that we see in the zone trailer for Drustvar for the Kul'tiran moonkin form - the tall and gangly looking ones. From a lore standpoint I don't know the logistics of using such a form but, for pure looks alone, those guys are cool as heck.

The aquatic form for the Zandalari druids looks awesome, though!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I honestly think the moonkin form is the best Kul'tiran form, the others all kinda look a bit poos to me XD I mean I always play boomkin anyway so it's all good to me.