8.1 Mounts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.1 Mounts

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it's hard to know what they intend at this point. If it just drops from a wild beast it seems less likely it'll be the fancy, armoured cat - that seems to be more likely from either a Night Elf that had been using it or a Horde NPC that captured one.

It's also possible they intend both and it's currently all mixed up. The mount database has a few errors right now, including the fact that the original Vicious Skeletal Warsteed has been changed to use the new white skin. It seems highly unlikely they'd do that deliberately!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Agreed. I doubt that they'd do that on purpose.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

My guess is the black Nightsaber that the model shows up as currently for "Kaldorei Nightsaber" is just a placeholder until the new model actually gets a proper skeleton or rigging.

Like Valnaaros said, it'll likely be like the horse in Arathi. There's probably be a slight recolor/Horde themed armor on the "Captured Kaldorei Nightsaber".

In MMOChamp there's a lot of Nightsaber DB item mounts added too.

Kaldorei Nightsaber
Captured Kaldorei Nightsaber
Captured Umber Nightsaber
Sandy Nightsaber.

Captured Umber has a drop listing as dropping from Moxo the Beheader, a rare in Darkshore.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rikaku wrote:Captured Umber has a drop listing as dropping from Moxo the Beheader, a rare in Darkshore.
Yeah, that's this one: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/u ... tsaber.php

It looks like some of the drops, at least, are the basic models. I still suspect that the fancy, armoured cat will come from a fancier source, but I guess we have to wait and see.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Glory of the Dazar'alor Raider now rewards the Armored Skyterror mount

The Island Thunderscale, Risen Mare, and Bloodgorged Hunter mounts drop from Island Expeditions

The Gilded Edition G.M.O.D. is a ground mount that drops from High Tinker Mekkatorque in Battle of Dazar'alor

The Blue, Green, and Yellow frog mounts are sold by a vendor for 333,333 gold each.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's pretty cheap for a mount these days :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288166/new ... onorbound-

Goodness, I hope the mounts are not faction-bound again. I'll be salty if we get an old model of bat without armor and no access at all to the cool cat.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Inay wrote:https://www.wowhead.com/news=288166/new ... onorbound-

Goodness, I hope the mounts are not faction-bound again. I'll be salty if we get an old model of bat without armor and no access at all to the cool cat.
It looks pretty likely this is the case. They chose the scorpion colour-coding for Horde and Alliance, and the spells for all four commendation mounts are currently faction-limited.

I agree that that basic bat mount isn't exactly on the same level as the fancy new cat. Sucks 2b Horde on that deal :( And offering unsaddled NPCs (scorpions) also seems a bit poor for a big price item, especially when we're not exactly short of unused real mounts. I posted a suggestion on the forum that they could at least use the mount model and the Alliance armour be recoloured to look more Alliance-y, the same way they made the armour on the Amber one look all Klaxxi but it was actually the same geosets:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769718199
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Oh, you can post on US forums with a trial account now apparently? At least one good news.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Warcraft Mounts Patch 8.1 page is now updated. Check it out :)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks good, Wain. Great job :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

One of the albatross mounts will be obtainable. Sold by the doubloon vendor.

Jaina will drop a mount on Mythic, though it isn't known exactly what it is. Judging by the name, it is probably an elemental of some sort.

The two scorpid mounts from last week have had their names changed to Azureshell Krolusk and Rubyshell Krolusk, so they might not actually remain as scorpids.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So they decided to change the naked scorpion mounts to krolusks. :) I did post that in the suggestions thread and I don't know if they saw it or not, but it looks like they basically have done what I suggested and made the unused blue krolusk Alliance and red for Horde. It was a big shame not to use them, especially when you have to grind a lot of new currency to afford them.
->Azureshell Krolusk
->Rubyshell Krolusk
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's also a new Glacial Tidestorm mount that drops from Mythic Jaina, but I haven't seen a model yet. If it's not up on Wowhead it may be encrypted, or just not in the database yet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, that's what I said :) The icon for it is a water elemental, so that is probably what it is.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Yep, that's what I said :) The icon for it is a water elemental, so that is probably what it is.
Oh yeah, sorry :) On WCM I've used the shaman elemental mount placeholder image, but put question marks over it: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/g ... estorm.php

Another mount graphical update: the upcoming Bloodgorged Hunter was updated and no longer has a weird saddle and marks. It was switched to using the proper armoured bat mount model and I think it looks fantastic: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/b ... hunter.php
I always loved this colour the most. The final unused armoured bat colour is green with gold armour and looks a bit like a forsaken thing: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/a ... eenbat.php
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries :)

That is the Horde one, yes? Glad they updated it. Though not unique, at least they get an armored mount like the Alliance does (the nightsaber).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:No worries :)

That is the Horde one, yes? Glad they updated it. Though not unique, at least they get an armored mount like the Alliance does (the nightsaber).
No, it's an Island Expeditions mount. The Horde one remains a basic bat mount, which is ok on its own but looks a bit cheesy next to the fancy Alliance armoured cat.