8.1 Story - Spoilers

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: 8.1 Story - Spoilers

Unread post by Castile »

Jurz wrote:Well, some people like playing the villain. While it is rather annoying that Sylvannas is seemingly becoming a second Garrosh... I'm still hoping that won't be the case in the end.
I always sorta saw the whole warlock class as playing the villain - summoning demons and enslaving fel and the like. But that's just my perspective of playing one.

I don't think the alliance really needs a villain - I think some ppl need to stop wishing for main characters to suddenly turn evil to make what sylvanas did look ok or justified. *shrug*

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:
Jurz wrote:Well, some people like playing the villain. While it is rather annoying that Sylvannas is seemingly becoming a second Garrosh... I'm still hoping that won't be the case in the end.
I always sorta saw the whole warlock class as playing the villain - summoning demons and enslaving fel and the like. But that's just my perspective of playing one.

I don't think the alliance really needs a villain - I think some ppl need to stop wishing for main characters to suddenly turn evil to make what sylvanas did look ok or justified. *shrug*
It's not that it's just people are sick of it always being the Horde that does the bad things. If a character turns evil or does bad things 9 out of 10 times it'll be a Horde character. It's just old at this point.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:
Castile wrote:

It's not that it's just people are sick of it always being the Horde that does the bad things. If a character turns evil or does bad things 9 out of 10 times it'll be a Horde character. It's just old at this point.
That's kinda how they've been geared to be the last few expansions tho - blizzard have wrote themselves into a corner abit. Goblins polluting the land, Syvanas and her valkyres and Garrosh mana bombing cities for shits and giggles.

I get why the horde players would hate it (I think in Legion they tried to turn it around) but ultimately unless you play a Tauren or maybe a blood elf (possibly a troll but I haven't done their story) blizzard have painted them as the 'villains' for the time being and the alliance as happy families co-op. I don't think (in my opinion anyway) suddenly making an alliance a bad guy would make much sense or really equal out the bad writing on the horde side.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

True. With all this "Night warrior" stuff with Tyrande that could lead to some not so good stuff. Or at least some extreme stuff. If I was king I'd be keeping a close eye on something like that.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

cowmuflage wrote:True. With all this "Night warrior" stuff with Tyrande that could lead to some not so good stuff. Or at least some extreme stuff. If I was king I'd be keeping a close eye on something like that.
My hope is that it doesn't lead to anything bad. The main reason that I feel this way is that the Kaldorei and their fans have been getting the short end of the stick for a very long time. Killing/corrupting one of, if not the biggest character of their race would be another big kick while they are already down.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:True. With all this "Night warrior" stuff with Tyrande that could lead to some not so good stuff. Or at least some extreme stuff. If I was king I'd be keeping a close eye on something like that.
yeah and she's always been abit batshit crazy tbh. The burning of the tree might be the ultimate "I've had enough" moment for her. Hell as a night elf main seeing my civilisation reduced to living in the SW pumpkin patch makes my druid abit batshit crazy too :lol:

Edit: Sakurie might become a villiana and be all night warrior on the hordes ass this expansion - beware my evil moon chicken!!!

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lorash Sunbeam, a BE rogue that was in the Horde novella and was eventually killed by Malfurion, has been reanimated by Sylvanas.

As some might recall, Lor'themar warned Sylvanas back during SoO to never reanimate his people.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

From what I'm continually reading it sounds like the Lightforged Draenai may end up becoming the same as the Lightsworn Draenai, which would then make them have the potential to be a bit more villainish.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Lorash Sunbeam, a BE rogue that was in the Horde novella and was eventually killed by Malfurion, has been reanimated by Sylvanas.

As some might recall, Lor'themar warned Sylvanas back during SoO to never reanimate his people.
This is interesting. I never fully thought Lor'themar would be on board with Sylvanas and in "Before the Storm" alleria tries to convince him to join the Alliance. Not that I think BE's would run off to the family co-op but might be a tipping point for him to side more with Baine and the other "original" Horde races against her.

Shadowlands

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Well, apparently Baine, the Tidesage, Amalia, and a bunch of other people turn on Sylvanas because she raised Derek Proudmoore, according to wowhead's datamine of the Broadcast text.

I really don't see how this ISN'T Garrosh 2.0.

They're literally doing the exact same thing. They're 1 by 1 turning every Horde NPC against the leader.

Apparently raising Derek was even the final straw for Valtrois, as now she sees SYlvanas as no better than the Legion. I mean, she may not lead the Nightborne, but I'm pretty damn sure Thalyssra trusts Valtrois.

Talanji sees Sylvanas as no better than Zul.

....is Gallywix the only leader she hasn't burned a bridge with yet?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Gallywix briefly questions if he should ever have told her about Azerite and realizes that if he did not that the war would never have happened. He then disregards the thought and remarks that he is enjoying making Azerite weaponry.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It does seem that way. It's unsurprising Gallywix doesn't care, as he's a sociopath who cares only about profit. But it looks like the rest of the Horde are quickly heading towards a coup. I can't imagine it'll take the same form as with Garrosh (surely they wouldn't repeat that much of the plot!) but I'm curious where it leads, and who was behind Sylvanas's choosing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

We are bound to still have to kill her thou sadly ;-; Because jails in Azeroth are constantly shown to be terrible XD Seriously someone needs to work on those!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Is it bad that I want this expansion to end already because of this patch and all the datamined nonsense about Sylvanas? This absurd amount of build up to an eventual redemption and/or "did it for the greater good" story is annoying and pathetic. Just give me the old god you want us to kill and be done with it. The Horde is LITERALLY a villainous faction until Sylvanas is removed. There is no morally grey here; you're on the objectively wrong side of history at this point. That's poor writing. Not even Garrosh had this much trash writing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I really hope that they don't pull a Kerrigan with her. Either kill her off or have the Horde exile her. You can't justify the burning of innocents, the defiling of bodies, or taking away free will.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

This is the only expansion where I've hated playing horde.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Considering I don't think she can die of old age, I think exiling her to an island she can't escape from would be better than actually killing her.

And I think the Wardens would be more than happy to act as the... well, wardens. Just from a distance so she can't kill them and res them. :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good point, but I had a feeling (but could be wrong) that Forsaken do rot away with age. Anyone know about this is true?

However, I have a hunch that whatever happens to her is going to tie in with the new Lich King. There were hints of something related to him in upcoming content and it seems a big coincidence if there's no link at all, plus all these "death powers" milling about are bound to collide at some point soon.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Forsaken do gradually rot (necromatic energy slows this) and will eventually die off whether by rotting or being killed. Most Forsaken want for this to happen and do not want for more to be created and were against her creating more.

Agreed. There'll probably be an upcoming xpac where Bolvar plays a much bigger role. Mueh'zala (evil death Loa) might be behind much of what is happening, including Sylvanas becoming Warchief.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I never trusted the new Lich King. I mean it's the Lich king! If you've played the Legion DK quests you know he can still talk to you in your head and that no one is happy about that.