8.1 Story - Spoilers

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.1 Story - Spoilers

Unread post by Valnaaros »

cowmuflage wrote:That is a pretty good idea honestly.
Agreed.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:I think the best way to "kill" Sylvanas without killing her would be to cure her of her undeath: through some powerful one-off magic make her a regular, living high elf again. She'd lose all her banshee power, lose the devotion of her people, become an outcast, and probably be put into shock, without actually killing her.
Speaking of the cult of the paladin...XD

Yeah this is great. And her sisters shun her for the deeds she's done. Do a sad Hulk walk into the distance....

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

To be honest, if they went the "Turn her back into a living elf" Route - I'd love to see them throw her in the Vault of the Wardens.

It's bound to be repaired by now, and as seen in 8.1, the Wardens are not happy with Sylvanas in the least, even less so now that she resses their leader as Forsaken.

They most likely have a special cell with her name on it.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Castile wrote:
Setanta wrote:Can't trust Alliance to kill her, they'd just round up all the Forsaken and throw them in Interrment Camps.
What? Why would Anduin do that after trying to reunite them with their families?? Even Genn felt sorry for them. My night elf will gladly kill her and let one of the council be in charge of the forsaken.
You give a majority of human characters too much credit.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It would ultimately be Anduin's decision since he is the king of Stormwind and the High King of the Alliance. Unless he is overthrown and replaced by someone more vindictive, there won't be anyone thrown into internment camps.

Besides, if you're going to mention internment camps, the Forsaken have already set up death camps in Darkshore.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders."

A excerpt from an interview with Alex Afrasiabi. So it looks like Sylvanas was behind the Wrathgate.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's kinda lame imo. It ruins the whole questline set after that event. I mean you can't do that event anymore but still >.>
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I thought it was implied at the time that she knew very well what the Royal Apothecary Society were up to, but it was one of those "disavow" situations where they could further their goals while she pretended they weren't under her orders. I can't remember the specific situation, though, but there was definitely something that implied that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In Chronicles it said that she ordered for the Blight to be created and that there were rumors that she knew more about the Wrathgate incident. It was assumed that she may have known that something was going to happen, but not that she actually ordered for the event to take place.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

cowmuflage wrote:Oh great they are going to make us kill Sylvannas eventually. *sigh* But of course they will I mean Blizz always kills off the Horde leaders so I don't know why I'm shocked anymore. I'm shocked Thrall is not dead at this point.
Sylvanas has always been evil. In the context of the Forsaken her action may make sense, but it's beyond clear that other forces are driving her, and she's not redeemable. If she had the power she'd probably slay all the living, of any race (especially if she could raise them all).
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Myzou wrote:The Kul'Tirans make sense.

The other Kul'Tirans haven't dealt with Forsaken before really, they really do see them as abominations and monsters. Horde see this during the war campaign.

However, the Kaldorei make zero sense. BUT, if you listen to the Dark Ranger voiceover, they also sound EXTREMELY robotic. They don't sound like they have any control over their actions.

I'd say the most likely scenario is Sylvanas is controlling the Kaldorei, and Sira/Delaryn's comments about Tyrande not being there for them are a red herring to make us think she isn't.
The deeper they go down this train, I'm reminded of the reanimations in Naruto, where old heroes are revived to fight. They have their own memories, and can think and act on their own to some degree, but are still bound to their task.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

What about... what if... to explain the non-human forces that Sylvannas raises..

For non-human races, it requires her to exercise "control" over them in order to be able to raise them. The ability to do this might be something coming from the Valkir/death-night thing.

If something like this is the case, then KT's should still be able to be "free" Forsaken, but all the other races would need to be "controlled".
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The latest PTR version is different - most Night Elves choose to not be resurrected and they become angry wisps. Only a few choose resurrection, which is consistent with the choice being a necessary part of it. That's still inconsistent with previous incidents, I think, unless I'm misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure Lilian Voss didn't want to come back, and I doubt some of the others I witnessed did, either (like, Derek Proudmoore). They seemed confused and horrified that it happened.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:The latest PTR version is different - most Night Elves choose to not be resurrected and they become angry wisps. Only a few choose resurrection, which is consistent with the choice being a necessary part of it. That's still inconsistent with previous incidents, I think, unless I'm misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure Lilian Voss didn't want to come back, and I doubt some of the others I witnessed did, either (like, Derek Proudmoore). They seemed confused and horrified that it happened.
The Kaldorei that did come back are doing so because they are tainted by Void magic (can see it around their corpses), so they are not making the choice in the right state of mind.

That's true. Reanimation in regards to the Forsaken has been an inconsistent thing for a while now.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:That's true. Reanimation in regards to the Forsaken has been an inconsistent thing for a while now.
The room the devs have painted themselves into regarding this has many many corners... :lol:

As for Sylvanas.. I'm getting more and more convinced that she will go Old God powered, which explains knifu, and be removed from horde leadership but still be very "alive" for future expacs.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I don't mind if Blizz kills off Sylvanas or if she is irredeemable because at this point she is just Garrosh 2.0 but with a brain.