Glitch Pet & Glyph of the Dire Question

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Glitch Pet & Glyph of the Dire Question

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Greetings, all. I'm dusting off my hunters this expansion and I wanted to know how the Glyph of the Dire interacts with all those glitches pets, such as Lone Hunter. Does he come out with the sword in transparent nature or as a regular Worg? Any risk of losing the effect?

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Glitch Pet & Glyph of the Dire Question

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Glitch pets with odd models will show up, such as baby direhorns and oozes. Unfortunately, pets with buffs such as Lobotomized Lone Hunter and the flaming pig will come out as their default non-glitched appearance.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote:Glitch pets with odd models will show up, such as baby direhorns and oozes. Unfortunately, pets with buffs such as Lobotomized Lone Hunter and the flaming pig will come out as their default non-glitched appearance.
Thanks, WerebearGuy. Same deal with the Animal Companion talent?

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I believe the glitches do show with Animal Companion since it's your pet and not a copy like with the glyph, but I don't ever touch that awful abomination of a talent after dealing with Hati last expansion and trying it on beta (where it managed to be WORSE than Hati, somehow).
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

WerebearGuy is right, avoid Animal Companion at all cost. It's buggy like there's no tomorrow! I noticed 3 major things when I tried it out while leveling up to 120, aside the fact that it doesn't respond to the Play Dead skill.

1: It can take between a few seconds to several minutes before the 2nd pet spawns.

2: Sometimes the 2nd pet will not use Bestial Wrath nor Beast Cleave, so it lowers your DPS.

3: Sometimes the 2nd pet will outright do nothing at all and stay by your side, doing zero DPS.

Hati had some problems, but I'm baffled that they managed to screw it up even more with Animal Companion.
ImageImage
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Is Animal Companion really that bad? I have never had any of those problems except the slow to spawn sometimes one. Guess I must have been lucky.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that way back in beta. Think I'll just use it for flair. I was just afraid there might be some odd thing like reaction with glass glitches pets.