Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

I thought this warranted a separate thread so we can brainstorm how to tame Blood Beasts.

We know we need a Blood-Soaked Tome of Dark Whispers to learn how to tame Blood Beasts.

But we don't know how to obtain the tome :(

Perhaps there's a clue in the flavour text:

"Zul listened to the whispers for many years, then suddenly they began to make sense."

- is it linked to Zul? Perhaps it drops from him in the raid as of 8.1? If so it might be difficult to determine that until 8.1 hits live.
- a new drop from the Underrot dungeon?
- is it linked to a follower of Zul in one of the zones of Zuldazar?
- are "whispers" mentioned somewhere that might offer a clue to the tome's location?
- is it a simple zone drop? So far killing Blood Trolls has yielded no results.
Attachments
bloodsoakedtome.PNG
bloodsoakedtome.PNG (19.29 KiB) Viewed 7685 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros »

- Checking Zul in the raid may have to wait till Live, like you said :/

-That's definately possible, though a complete group will need to be formed in order to run the dungeon.

-I've killed a few named Blood Trolls, but nothing has dropped. I've also been watching the new NPCs added and there isn't anyone that could be the one that drops it.

-Whispers are mentioned a ton in most locations across Zandalar, but mainly Nazmir and Zuldazar. G'huun, being Old God in origin, is capable of whispering to anyone just like any Old God can.

-It could still be a zone drop, but be the same situation as the Talbuk Meat where it won't drop in the ptr. If so, then we'll have to wait till Live. I really hope this isn't the case :/
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

It might drop from King Rastakhan in the new raid as well. I imagine he'd be the one going through Zul's stuff in Dazar'alor, and we'd probably be catching him in the middle of that during the invasion.

It could even end up being a secret specifically meant for the secret finders discord to find.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

King Rastakhan is found near his throne during the raid (with Bwonsamdi actually sitting on the throne) and is just standing there waiting for the Alliance. But if this is the case then we won't be able to tame Blood Beasts till sometime in Jan-Feb.

It could be. I'm guessing that it either drops from Zul in Uldir or it is a secret that will rely on the Secret Finders finding it. I spent a good amount a time yesterday killing named Blood Trolls, Blood Beasts, Mogu, and Zul supporters. I searched Blood Troll camps and places where Zul lived. No luck :/
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Going back through Panda land on my main doing lore walker stuff I came across the panda guy saying how when Zul advised the other guy to do something when Deathwing was about to attack if this was way back during MOP is there a chance maybe the tome is somewhere in Panda land?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The vision you are talking about was shared on Pandaria but the original event took place on Zandalar. Was when Zul warned King Rastakhan about Deathwing's return (like you said). Though there are Zandalari in Pandaria, none of them are utilizing blood magic. That doesn't mean that it couldn't be located there, but unlikely imo.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The more I look at it, the more I think it's likely the tome will be a retrospective addition to Zul's loot table in Uldir. I forgot that he summons blood beasts, including crawgs, in combat. And some of his other loot has "whispers" in their names.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

It could also drop from G'huun or really any Blood Troll related boss, dungeon or raid. :(
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it could :/ Just the related text now makes me think it's more likely Zul than the others, whereas before I was less convinced.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

If it is, it better drop in LFR.

A lot of guilds stop running Uldir after the new raid drops. And I don't raid on all of my hunters.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Myzou wrote:If it is, it better drop in LFR.

A lot of guilds stop running Uldir after the new raid drops. And I don't raid on all of my hunters.
The new raid won't be out till sometime in January or February, so there is plenty of time to get it prior to then.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Well December 11 only gives me a month or two before I am condemned to LRF, I'm hoping the drop rate is high, my guild will stop Uldir raiding when the new stuff drops, so yay :roll: LFR farming. :| :mrgreen:

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:
Myzou wrote:If it is, it better drop in LFR.

The new raid won't be out till sometime in January or February, so there is plenty of time to get it prior to then.
Which is fine for my main.

I do not raid on my Horde hunter. Nor do I want to. On top of that, I do not have any interest in leveling my 110 Alliance alt hunter right now.

I also should not have to find pugs later in the xpac for Zul on those toons just to tame a Crawg. So if it is a drop from Zul, it better also drop in LFR.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, hopefully!

If it does drop from Mythic only (if it drops from that raid at all), hopefully there will still be enough groups running it for Mythic gear, even if they're progressing on the next raid.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I doubt that it'll be a mythic-only drop. There is a lot of flak that Blizz is getting for decisions they made. That wouldn't help. At most I can see it dropping only from normal and heroic.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

I mean, they added a pet to mythic-only Battle of Dazar'alor, so I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Myzou wrote:I mean, they added a pet to mythic-only Battle of Dazar'alor, so I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
Which pet? I know that Jaina drops a mount on Mythic, but that isn't unusual.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:
Myzou wrote:I mean, they added a pet to mythic-only Battle of Dazar'alor, so I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
Which pet? I know that Jaina drops a mount on Mythic, but that isn't unusual.
Spawn of Krag'wa.

Only drops from the Mythic Loa Encounter. Spawn of Pa'ku drops from LFR-Heroic.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not that much different from how some mounts can drop in LFR-Heroic and some can only drop in Mythic. I just highly doubt that they'll make it so that the tome only drops in Mythic -- assuming that it actually does drop from Zul.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

A pet or mount from mythic-only is fine, just like mythic only gear drops.

For this however, if it is tied to a raid, it will be accessible in LFR.

However... I find it quite odd that they'd add something to the Uldir loot table this late in the raid. For that reason primarily, I expect that it won't be a raid drop.