Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They aren't against adding loot to the loot tables of outdated raids. A prime example is how they added pets to some of the bosses of many old raids. Uldir is still current content and will remain current when 8.1 drops.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

True, but those were cosmetics. I'm not against it being added as a raid drop, I just find it odd.

Also, given the greater extent of massive secret questlines these days, I'd more likely expect a 27-step questline than a raid drop.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Technically Hunter pets, in large part, are just cosmetics.

It's possible that it could be a secret, but there hasn't been anything found in datamining that would indicate that. We'll find out in a couple of weeks whether it is a drop or something more elaborate :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I guess they have added new content in old maps/areas (like new mech tamables in gnomeregan) and for other classes, etc. However i have a feeling it will be either be either like slick suggested (A mystery wrapped in an enigma, lost in the twisting nether) or probably just be found on a vendor or super easy.
I hope it has some flair to it myself. A little story and lore, a bit of digging around (like the gara quest line, but not so involved) and thus you end up like you’ve found/earned some secret into the art of taming then.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Side question.. did we really have a lot of people asking for Crawgs?.. seems there could have been other choices for a special tame...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I like them, but they weren't a family that I was hoping would be made tamable. I honestly thought that due to their nature that they would never be made tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, a lot of people seem to love crawgs. At least anecdotally, I haven't run any surveys recently :)

It's not a creature I expected, because crawgs are really limited thematically - created through special magical circumstances and not likely to appear anywhere else in the universe - so on their own they'd have become a tiny family. I did have hopes for blood ticks, because they could have fit with spiders as an arachnid family. Instead, the designers came up with Blood Beasts, which is possibly a little forced, but I think that's ok - I strongly suspect the designers realize that, but did it anyway so they had an excuse to add both crawgs and blood ticks, and I appreciate that. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I wanted to tame the blood ticks at first sight. And now I have the Veinseeker mount, which is my absolute favorite!
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!
Well I'm truly glad to get the option for them. Just didn't see them as high on the list.

Although I have grown fond of the crawg outpost mount.. he's very useful. :ugeek:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I was hoping for Crawgs *so* badly, I'm so thrilled they'll be tameable, I honestly didn't think we'd get them. :D The ticks are just a cherry on top!
Well I'm truly glad to get the option for them. Just didn't see them as high on the list.

Although I have grown fond of the crawg outpost mount.. he's very useful. :ugeek:
Spud? I think he's responsible for a lot of Alli players becoming fonder of crawgs :)
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:Spud? I think he's responsible for a lot of Alli players becoming fonder of crawgs :)
Yep. Til we fly, he'll be quite worthwhile. Maybe even after that, he's pretty fast.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Myzou wrote:I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
I know. The mate of a Loa is one thing, but the children--

What is this world coming to!?

:P
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Qraljar wrote:
Myzou wrote:I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
I know. The mate of a Loa is one thing, but the children--

What is this world coming to!?

:P
I mean, the mate of a Loa isn't necessarily related to a Loa. Loque'nahak could very well just be a wild animal.

But the children of a Loa has Loa blood in them. :P And apart from that one instance of Shadra, they've been very careful to not let hunters tame anything Loa related.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
This. If Krag'wa still cared about them and they still had their sentience, we would not be able to tame them. The dire toads in Krag'wa's domain cannot be tamed for these reasons.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:Crawgs are corrupted and are pretty much just wild animals now, though. Krag'wa even disowned them. I doubt there's any hard and fast rule, they probably just decided they were mundane enough looking for taming.
This. If Krag'wa still cared about them and they still had their sentience, we would not be able to tame them. The dire toads in Krag'wa's domain cannot be tamed for these reasons.
You stop it!

We're gonna get tameable dire toads, we're gonna get em - get em - get em, damn it! :cry:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Can make other dire toads that use the same model and are not related to Krag'wa. It's just the ones specifically in Krag'wa's domain that would be considered his children :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Can make other dire toads that use the same model and are not related to Krag'wa. It's just the ones specifically in Krag'wa's domain that would be considered his children :)
Yeah, I'm just kidding.

It really is weird to me that in the expansion where they add two new toad models and one new frog model, they also add a tameable toad family but none of those new models are available?

Major PSYCH going on there.