Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

To add perspective, we do get to ride his children as mounts in 8.1. And it's not like the dragon thing where there's some story how they volunteer to carry us, these are actually captured and trained. So even if we can't tame them yet, there are equally demeaning things we will get to do to them :lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Myzou wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Myzou wrote:I'm more surprised we're getting Crawgs simply because they're the children of a Loa.
I know. The mate of a Loa is one thing, but the children--

What is this world coming to!?

:P
I mean, the mate of a Loa isn't necessarily related to a Loa. Loque'nahak could very well just be a wild animal.

But the children of a Loa has Loa blood in them. :P And apart from that one instance of Shadra, they've been very careful to not let hunters tame anything Loa related.
They're careful, but it's not unheard of to tame the children of Loa. They seem to be careful about it currently with BFA Loa, but We've been able to tame the offspring of Loa before. Like the Spawn of Hakkar and the Cursed Offspring of Har'koa, which are still tameable.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

We can tame Shadra spawn this expansion.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Isnt Loq the mate of a Loa?

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah. I really don't think there's a hard and fast rule. I think it's whatever they feel makes a credible tame at the time, and what feels too powerful or fancy or whatever. And opinions on that probably change with generations of game designers, too. We've not been able to tame dread ravens because they were revered birds (or at least that's the story I saw), but have been able to tame other things of equal or higher ranking. I think we can just hope for the best and not expect the rules to be 100% consistent :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Blood-Soaked Tome of Dark Whispers,

Unread post by whuumper »

Drops from what ? Nothing under Wowhead comments so ??? Any one know yet -been farming 4 hours mobs etc .
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Blood-Soaked Tome of Dark Whispers,

Unread post by Valnaaros »

We don't know. It either doesn't drop from Zul or isn't a guarantee. I've spent hours upon hours farming various things in the ptr and with no luck :/
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

How is the search going for this? I've been alternating between Archaeology and killing Crawgs/Crawg Riders. I thought there could be a connection there since the Trolls obviously tamed them and ride them. It'll probably turn out to be bought off a darn NPC after all of this. :p
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

*sigh* secrets are fun and all and maybe if this was a specific beast like Gara instead of an entire family I'd be enthused but I kinda just want to tame a crawg and not muck around looking for the book
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Shoonasasi wrote:How is the search going for this? I've been alternating between Archaeology and killing Crawgs/Crawg Riders. I thought there could be a connection there since the Trolls obviously tamed them and ride them. It'll probably turn out to be bought off a darn NPC after all of this. :p
I don’t think that it drops from just any mob. I spent a lot of time on the ptr killing various mobs that are in some way tied to Zul and nothing. It could be an incredibly rare drop, but I think that someone would’ve had it drop by now if it were. It could be tied to Archaeology but I would think that there would’ve been more data mines that would suggest that. Can’t hurt to try, though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:*sigh* secrets are fun and all and maybe if this was a specific beast like Gara instead of an entire family I'd be enthused but I kinda just want to tame a crawg and not muck around looking for the book
I’m not a fan of this, either. Reminds me of the Talbuk Meat that wasn’t even obtainable in the 7.3 ptr. For all we know the source of the tome could be broken and thus we can never find it. We should keep looking, of course, but I’d just prefer if things like this weren’t such a big secret.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Valnaaros wrote:I don’t think that it drops from just any mob. I spent a lot of time on the ptr killing various mobs that are in some way tied to Zul and nothing. It could be an incredibly rare drop, but I think that someone would’ve had it drop by now if it were. It could be tied to Archaeology but I would think that there would’ve been more data mines that would suggest that. Can’t hurt to try, though.
Yes, this is the frustrating thing about these 'mystery' tames. I killed mobs and dug sites until about 2am. I even did a raid finder for Zul, which let me tell you, was an experience I'd rather forget.

We could waste our time for days only to find out it was somewhere else. It better not end up being one of those Argus talbuk meat situations where we spent hours farming a single drop only to have it fail over and over. I might have to mail an Ex-lax pie to Jeremy Feasel if that happens.

I wonder if it'll just be some random guy getting lucky and clicking on something random and weird to get the tome, and we'll all be mad at how obscure it ends up being.

The search continues.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm going to continue looking when I get home, but also I'm going to look in less "hidden" places.

The tome could be like the spirit raptor egg and Spirit gryphon feather. Those stumped all of us for a long time and they were sitting in capital cities under our noses.

So it might be somewhere so obvious, we'd never look.

Fotogrrl69
Realm: Tarren-Mill EU

Unread post by Fotogrrl69 »

Found via google search a reference to the tome via an NPC at the Great Seal and Borelas named Flaskataur. Sells many items...maybe its the NPC's coming on Jan 22nd by the looks of the things it sells. Flaskataur
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

He is only present in the PTR and Beta selling things like gear and flasks to help players test things, he would not help here as he would not be in the Live game. :mrgreen:

Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

So I had an idea, there's a Toy ( https://www.wowhead.com/item=166308/for-da-blood-god ) that turns you into a Blood Troll, perhaps if you are disguised you might be able to interact with a specific NPC to purchase the item?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That is a Horde-only toy, so the Alliance wouldn’t be able to get the tome.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

It says it's usable by my Alliance toons. (No red text saying Horde-Only)

Wouldn't surprise me if Blizz did this, even if it would piss off a small chunk of players who play Alliance only.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You would have to level a Horde to 120, get exalted with Talanji’s expedition, then get lucky with the paragon reward. I am rather doubtful that Blizz would have that be the solution.
Aidath
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Aidath »

has anyone tried archaeology yet? on wowhead someone mentioned it possibly being how we get it. *shrug*