Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Teigan »

I don't think it would be a single use item like the meat, though. More like the dinomancer tomes, where you read and you're done.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I personally don't think it's a drop/farming thing. If it were a drop, we would've seen it by now. I feel like the sheer number of Hunters out there killing stuff would've seen at least one drop by now if it was a drop by sheer percentage.

Which makes me think that either it's not a drop (and if it is, we're killing the wrong things) or it's hidden in some other fashion that isn't being actively tried as much exploring library/bookshelves/tables or NPC vendors around the world (as an example).

Personally I'm running around different bookshelves around the game to see if there's a tome to click on. I feel it could potentially be that because the item has a value of 1 copper; which sometimes is just a default price and/or price given to something that can just 'be picked up' to prevent people from grabbing it repeatedly and vendoring for a source of 'easy gold'.

But who knows XD

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If it was a clickable item somewhere though, I feel that there would have been some sort of datamined info to correlate that. Like, if it exists as an item, that item would need to have a model and a location out in game and as far as I know that sort of thing is going to show up in datamining. (I could be wrong, I'm certainly not well-versed in that, but it's what I've been led to understand) For example, when Gon and the Lost Spectral Gryphon were added, weren't the egg and feather datamined as items?

I agree that if it is a drop, we must all be looking in the wrong places because there have been too many dedicated people out there killing. We would have seen something by now, unless it's on some super obscure mob no one's thought of yet.

Otherwise, I'm just at a loss at this point. x_x
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Bulletdance wrote:I tried farming the blood droplet mobs and searching in treasures around the zone, but found nothing. I also farmed rares for a bit. A game is supposed to be fun and not frustrating it's like that secret finding nonsense they should keep it out of the core gameplay and just to those who actively want to do it for separate rewards.
I agree with this. They could at least tell us that whatever we're looking for is in Nazmir so we're not running all over the place. If it's a rare drop like that damn talbuk meat was, then at least tell us that so we don't move on to something else thinking we're on the wrong track.

Looking back at the recent 'secret' or challenge tames, in Legion the mech dogs were both in Legion zones, and hippogryphs were from a vendor in Legion even though the mobs were in old world areas too. The cats were all on Argus zones and the meat was too. I think we are safe to assume whatever we're looking for is in BfA zones, with a focus perhaps on the Horde zones due to Crawgs being only in those zones.

Things I have tried so far: Killing blood beasts, crawgs, and Trolls who are riding crawgs or residing in an area with crawgs. I've searched Tal'gurub as Zul was listed as being there. Not being Horde I don't know all the quests he was involved in or his locations so I've been looking through Zul's wiki page. I also searched Zul's platform in LFR.

My next plan is to try around the Heart of Darkness in Nazmir. The tome is 'of Dark Whispers' so perhaps that is a clue.

Onwards and upwards!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:If it was a clickable item somewhere though, I feel that there would have been some sort of datamined info to correlate that. Like, if it exists as an item, that item would need to have a model and a location out in game and as far as I know that sort of thing is going to show up in datamining. (I could be wrong, I'm certainly not well-versed in that, but it's what I've been led to understand) For example, when Gon and the Lost Spectral Gryphon were added, weren't the egg and feather datamined as items?

I agree that if it is a drop, we must all be looking in the wrong places because there have been too many dedicated people out there killing. We would have seen something by now, unless it's on some super obscure mob no one's thought of yet.

It was, but it could be using an already existing model of book. But you're right, since I think the feather was re-using an old classic-model of feather with some effects? I'm not sure on that too, but I figured it couldnt hurt to explore books either way XD

Though, you bring up a good point which makes me wonder. What about treasure chests in Nazmir (or the Zandalar continent)? They wouldn't have to add anything new to utilize those, just add it to the loot table chance?

Nelius
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Nelius »

Wonder if there is some sort of tracking for this? Possibly a "blood" trail one needs to follow.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rikaku wrote:
Vephriel wrote:If it was a clickable item somewhere though, I feel that there would have been some sort of datamined info to correlate that. Like, if it exists as an item, that item would need to have a model and a location out in game and as far as I know that sort of thing is going to show up in datamining. (I could be wrong, I'm certainly not well-versed in that, but it's what I've been led to understand) For example, when Gon and the Lost Spectral Gryphon were added, weren't the egg and feather datamined as items?

It was, but it could be using an already existing model of book. But you're right, since I think the feather was re-using an old classic-model of feather with some effects? I'm not sure on that too, but I figured it couldnt hurt to explore books either way XD

Though, you bring up a good point which makes me wonder. What about treasure chests in Nazmir (or the Zandalar continent)? They wouldn't have to add anything new to utilize those, just add it to the loot table chance?
Even if it used an existing model, I think the change to the model itself in the game would still register in the files. They would have had to 'turn it on' so to speak, and that would introduce new code to let it be interacted with.

I just feel that somebody would have probably pored over the 8.1 things for anything like that if it existed, which makes me feel like it's either a drop or, possibly, in a chest as you say. If it's on something's loot table it would make the most sense, but surely we've killed everything in Zandalar at this point. :lol:
WorgenHunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by WorgenHunter »

Hm...I remember in the Rogue questline there was an item you used to see blood trails.
Maybe it's something like that?
Nelius

Unread post by Nelius »

WorgenHunter wrote:Hm...I remember in the Rogue questline there was an item you used to see blood trails.
Maybe it's something like that?
I do wonder if it's possible that we should be looking for "trails". Possibly the tome is held by an invisible mob that you need to follow. Once at end, flare, and you kill the mob that holds the bleeding book. Would fit with previous tracking quests.
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

Thought there was a inside lurker that was on this Forum.There are really no clues in this cold case. When there were trackable pets at least they gave us indication to think about flares and footprints found in beta.Here nothing, no story lines alluding to nor items reported after loot drops. If anything somewhere near fp with the crawg you can ride.Unless some where in the ride .A clue appears on the ground etc ? But sure is a lot of effort that over time many will not use.Appearances matter along with pet buff.So personally. I give up trying to think about a rather unsightly pet...Good Luck on efforts.An a Happy Holiday Season to you all !!!Did Great in 2018 Petopia let's rinse and repeat in 2019 .! Unless its tied into a Winter Veil quest line .Only thing they might be holding it up on an or Raid launch ?
Nelius

Unread post by Nelius »

Mala'kili in Zul'Nazman is, from all I can see, the only mob in game that has a close connection to his blood beast. Refering to him not only as his pet, but enrages once his pet dies.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nelius wrote:Mala'kili in Zul'Nazman is, from all I can see, the only mob in game that has a close connection to his blood beast. Refering to him not only as his pet, but enrages once his pet dies.
Wasn't there a female blood troll with crawg pets?

I know I killed her once in a WQ.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nelius

Unread post by Nelius »

Qraljar wrote:
Nelius wrote:Mala'kili in Zul'Nazman is, from all I can see, the only mob in game that has a close connection to his blood beast. Refering to him not only as his pet, but enrages once his pet dies.
Wasn't there a female blood troll with crawg pets?

I know I killed her once in a WQ.
Pretty sure that's the one. I mean, it's hard to tell, but Mala seems female looking.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

whuumper wrote:Thought there was a inside lurker that was on this Forum.There are really no clues in this cold case. When there were trackable pets at least they gave us indication to think about flares and footprints found in beta.Here nothing, no story lines alluding to nor items reported after loot drops. If anything somewhere near fp with the crawg you can ride.Unless some where in the ride .A clue appears on the ground etc ? But sure is a lot of effort that over time many will not use.Appearances matter along with pet buff.So personally. I give up trying to think about a rather unsightly pet...Good Luck on efforts.An a Happy Holiday Season to you all !!!Did Great in 2018 Petopia let's rinse and repeat in 2019 .! Unless its tied into a Winter Veil quest line .Only thing they might be holding it up on an or Raid launch ?
If this is intended to be a secret, then we aren’t going to get any clues. I’m not fond of it either, but we dom’t Have any other choice :/
Shoonasasi

So I went through the Heart of Darkness in Nazmir. I went into every hut and moused-over every pot, every blood filled brazier, and anything that looked remotely like a clue. I killed every NPC I could find including all the blood ticks, crawgs, trolls, even the blood globule mobs. I dove into rivers, jumped into holes and walked through every ruin I could see. I killed the named crawg and his master several times. I killed a rather unpleasant looking named troll a few times too. I went through the crawg blood pit and walked along staring at the ground for clickables. I went onto the structure in the centre and checked the perimeter including the drop-down sides. I went all the way down to the dungeon instance. I checked floors, walls, and even stood in the blood braziers to see if anything happened. I nosed around the base of the middle structure and lay face down in puddles to see if there was anything in them.

Then I got desperate and tried emoting at crawgs. I growled, roared, bowed, I even tickled a few, but nothing. I cried at one, I hugged it, I begged it, but alas it did not waver.

My adventure yielded nothing but tired eyes and a dampened spirit. I shall try again after I pick the kids up from school.

Meanwhile, my husband laughs at my predicament. My revenge shall be sweet.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Are we looking at bloodticks as well? It's not just a crawg book, after all.

Siggy under construction!

Shoonasasi

Bowno wrote:Are we looking at bloodticks as well? It's not just a crawg book, after all.
I have been killing bloodticks and exploring any area where I see either a crawg or bloodtick. I honestly thought the Heart of Darkness area in Nazmir had something to do with it, as there are blood waterfalls, blood-filled braziers, and both the crawgs and bloodticks in the area. If I wanted something to be blood-soaked that related to blood beasts, that's where I'd go.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Shoonasasi wrote:So I went through the Heart of Darkness in Nazmir. I went into every hut and moused-over every pot, every blood filled brazier, and anything that looked remotely like a clue. I killed every NPC I could find including all the blood ticks, crawgs, trolls, even the blood globule mobs. I dove into rivers, jumped into holes and walked through every ruin I could see. I killed the named crawg and his master several times. I killed a rather unpleasant looking named troll a few times too. I went through the crawg blood pit and walked along staring at the ground for clickables. I went onto the structure in the centre and checked the perimeter including the drop-down sides. I went all the way down to the dungeon instance. I checked floors, walls, and even stood in the blood braziers to see if anything happened. I nosed around the base of the middle structure and lay face down in puddles to see if there was anything in them.

Then I got desperate and tried emoting at crawgs. I growled, roared, bowed, I even tickled a few, but nothing. I cried at one, I hugged it, I begged it, but alas it did not waver.

My adventure yielded nothing but tired eyes and a dampened spirit. I shall try again after I pick the kids up from school.

Meanwhile, my husband laughs at my predicament. My revenge shall be sweet.
That was an epic journey. :shock:
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

If I remember right it took several kills to get the dino book to drop from those guys what if this is same way and you have to grind for it being Blizzard grind is their favorite torture I have killed that rare guy and his crawg several times but nothing yet would be funny if he holds it. Here is a crazy thought I had while farming blood trolls you know those elite giant bone dinos siege monstrosities that patrol a bridge what if they dropped it.
Homie-Erectus
Realm: Laughing Skull & Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Homie-Erectus »

Hey fellas, just joined after years of using the site, desperately wanting to tame those wonderful bloody boys. Has anyone tried looking in the throne of thunder raid? The mogu were said to have worked closely with Zul and there are numerous locations both there and in the isle of thunder dedicated to horrible blood-fueled flesh experiments. If I were to look for a book authored by Zul on such a subject, I would start there.