Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:I personally miss Pet challenges simply being a tracking challenge or something like the three spirit Porcupines.
I loved those! I still go track them just for fun sometimes, and don't even tame them. I really felt like that was perfect for the class fantasy they're always on about.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

I'm quite baffled this tome became such a hidden thing.

TBH the first time the riddler's mind worm was announced i was quite interested in it, but then you see blizzard as out of touch as usual with their playerbase, decided to make a complete batshit crazy illogical ingame riddle, based of a book as a compass.

To me it's all a big PR move, with a nice reward at the end. But as a real thing, it fails hard.

All of them had someone from inside telling the folks from secret finder discord some sort of breadcrumb and making some tips here and there.

I wish the tome at least had some sort of hunter-esk type of miniquest, it's either going to be something stupid like archeology or a random rare NPC. Just lazy and honestly sad.

Pet challenge tames in cata, back in 2011 were better ffs.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I too would prefer for hunter pet challenges to have....more substance. A little quest chain so that we have to prove ourselves worthy enough to be able to tame something would be nice. That's more interesting to me than the puzzles. And I don't hate the puzzles, they're fun (and frustrating) to get through, but mounts and other cosmetic things feel more appropriate for that. Hunter pets, and especially an entirely new family, seem like they should have something more to them than just an arbitrary time sink.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Vephriel wrote:I too would prefer for hunter pet challenges to have....more substance. A little quest chain so that we have to prove ourselves worthy enough to be able to tame something would be nice. That's more interesting to me than the puzzles. And I don't hate the puzzles, they're fun (and frustrating) to get through, but mounts and other cosmetic things feel more appropriate for that. Hunter pets, and especially an entirely new family, seem like they should have something more to them than just an arbitrary time sink.
I mean, the riddles just became a community thing. It`s kinda pointless to try and solo any of it, considering how little and illogical most of the breadcrumbs are.

I wish at least we could get some sort of basic info that feels rewarding, but then again BFA feels like just a generic grindfest with barely any effort/time put into it.
Vephriel

Hivemind has just been solved, so hopefully Crawgs are next on the to-do list! :D
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Vephriel wrote:I too would prefer for hunter pet challenges to have....more substance. A little quest chain so that we have to prove ourselves worthy enough to be able to tame something would be nice. That's more interesting to me than the puzzles. And I don't hate the puzzles, they're fun (and frustrating) to get through, but mounts and other cosmetic things feel more appropriate for that. Hunter pets, and especially an entirely new family, seem like they should have something more to them than just an arbitrary time sink.
I know I'll aggravate someone with this, but I'd also like them to have some variation, specific to faction or race. A good option would be those void-trexes from the world quest yesterday, those would be perfect for VEs. I want to see flavor and variation, instead of everyone rushing out to tame the one new thing.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Vephriel wrote:Hivemind has just been solved, so hopefully Crawgs are next on the to-do list! :D
Holy crap those people are smart! If something as crazy as the Hivemind took 5 days, they should take about 24 minutes to figure out the crawg mystery. :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Considering the awful steps required for that mount, I hope to god we don't have anything like that to get the book. Time wasters are the worst :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I like that the game has puzzles, and I think as hunters we've been really spoilt at times. The Gara storyline was an amazing amount of work for a fun addition to one class, as was the creation of tracking tames, even the Hati storyline was far more unique than almost every other artifact quest.

So, I like these, even if it's frustrating while we still can't work it out. Perhaps not the Panthara thing, though. That was pure mean.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel

It might end up being really interesting! It definitely depends on how it's done. I'll like it if it feels immersive and like a meaningful series of tasks (or whatever it turns out to be) that suits the taming. Hopefully now that the focus has shifted to it being the remaining 'secret' to solve, we'll get there faster. :)
Dead_Jackrabbit
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dead_Jackrabbit »

If anyone could find it, they could. Lurking on the discord now.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

You ever think about the inevitable decline of WoW, of a time when there won't be so many people to collaborate? These secrets require the collective time and effort of many people working simultaneously. One person couldn't do this. So, there will come a time when a secret is put in that no one will solve, because there won't be enough players left. That's my depressing thought for the night.

Anyway.

So, they found the Hive Mind. Dang. That is impressive. I hope the crawgs soon follow
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've checked out Sunken Temple and ZG, both of which have presences of the original Blood God, Hakkar. I didn't find anything. That's not surprising but I felt it was worth checking.
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

Whats with the new information on Dread Ravens? It says what spec they are and all their abilities with beast lore on.... Are they secretly tamable now but require a tome or something like direhorns?
Hverida
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Hverida »

I thought of Shrine of Storms in Stormsong Valley. Went there and nothing dropped from last "Whisperer" boss. Maybe unlucky, maybe he doesn't drop.
Trying Zul Aman now (Ok, nothing there too).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Zyne wrote:Whats with the new information on Dread Ravens? It says what spec they are and all their abilities with beast lore on.... Are they secretly tamable now but require a tome or something like direhorns?
Replied to your question on the other thread :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

As I said earlier, make sure you guys are looking during Incursions.

LOTS of rare mobs spawn during incursions. It's entirely possible that a rare spawns somewhere random in the zone away from the world quests as well that drops the book. Or even the book itself spawns in the zone randomly as an interactable object.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:As I said earlier, make sure you guys are looking during Incursions.

LOTS of rare mobs spawn during incursions. It's entirely possible that a rare spawns somewhere random in the zone away from the world quests as well that drops the book. Or even the book itself spawns in the zone randomly as an interactable object.
Thanks, yeah, I think this is a good idea. And on either continent, as there are plenty of invading Zandalari during the KUL Tiras incursions.

And are these officially called Incursions or Faction Assaults? I’ve seen both. It sounds pedantic but I just want to use the proper term in Petopia notes :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Faction Assaults :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like there weren't any beasts associated with this Nazmir incursion.