Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Hello! Welcome to Petopia :)

I think that I saw some mention on the Discord about checking ToT. I will say though that the blood there is called Anima and was discovered and utilized by Lei Shen before he ever met the Zandalari.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It’s definitely not impossible, though. I have been through ToT this week on my hunter and killed all the bosses but I saw nothing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Hverida
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Hverida »

I guess it must be hostile mob or neutral zone if Alliance could access it too. I was searching near Nazmir, tried every vendor in Zandalar as Horde and nothing.
Dark Whispers - maybe something to do with it? Dark Whispers... hmm... some Old God thing maybe, IDK, Ulduar for Yogg Saron? Siege of Orgrimmar (Y'Sharj influence)? Temple of Ahn'Qiraj? I wish they give some more hints :D
Gauld
Realm: Defias Brotherood

Unread post by Gauld »

Someone has already tried to use Scrolls of Inner Truth and some emotes on Blood Trolls, Zul and Crawgs?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I assume people have already thoroughly beast lore'd crawgs and blood ticks?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:I assume people have already thoroughly beast lore'd crawgs and blood ticks?
Definitely :) Our tameable list should be pretty accurate:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=bloodbeast
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

We also have to take into account it could be a mob that only spawns during an Incursion in one of the zones like Nazmir that drops it.

Incursions spawn a lot of rare spawns, and not all are marked as world quests on the map when they do spawn.

The Vol'dun Incursion, for example, spawns an event that leads to 2 unique battle pets being crafted. Would not surprise me if they snuck the tome in one of the Incursions. Nazmir seems like a likely target? The first Incursion was Nazmir, and most people missed it because it was up almost immediately. (I didn't even see it when it spawned) If they follow a set rotation, I think either the incursion in 2 hours will be Nazmir, or the one tomorrow will be. (I can't remember if it's been 5 or 6 incursions) EDIT: According to reddit, Tiragarde Sound spawned this time, so *IF* they're on a schedule, Nazmir *SHOULD* be the one after the one that spawns in an hour unless my count is off. At that point, we should scour the zone for rares.
Skurn
Realm: Kazzak

Unread post by Skurn »

there must be a strong suspicion theyve forgot to add the tome. it would have been found by now surely?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:We also have to take into account it could be a mob that only spawns during an Incursion in one of the zones like Nazmir that drops it.

Incursions spawn a lot of rare spawns, and not all are marked as world quests on the map when they do spawn.

The Vol'dun Incursion, for example, spawns an event that leads to 2 unique battle pets being crafted. Would not surprise me if they snuck the tome in one of the Incursions. Nazmir seems like a likely target? The first Incursion was Nazmir, and most people missed it because it was up almost immediately. (I didn't even see it when it spawned) If they follow a set rotation, I think either the incursion in 2 hours will be Nazmir, or the one tomorrow will be. (I can't remember if it's been 5 or 6 incursions) EDIT: According to reddit, Tiragarde Sound spawned this time, so *IF* they're on a schedule, Nazmir *SHOULD* be the one after the one that spawns in an hour unless my count is off. At that point, we should scour the zone for rares.
As an aside, if you see any new NPCs in Faction Assaults, could you please post them on this thread:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 60&t=25805 ?
Thanks! :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Not sure if anyone has tried this yet but in troll capital there are smuggled crawgs I saw we can tame when we get the tome has anyone looked around in that area.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Last night I also tried using the inky potion in Nazmir, since it's made with whispers and darkness. I headed to Heart of Darkness...again, and killed mobs for an hour, I also fished in pools (some of them are shown to be pools of blood) but I was only able to fish for about half an hour. Then I went to any area in Nazmir that held blood ticks, crawgs, and blood trolls. I killed everything I saw and also checked the ground for any signs of blood trails or any strangeness. I found nothing.

In desperation at 2am, I checked the Legion Hunter Lodge vendor, the one who sells the tome to tame hippogryphs and such. There was nothing there either.

Blizz could at least give us an idea of what we need to do. A pet tame shouldn't be as difficult as the freaking hive mind mount to find...oh wait, they've already found the first clues for that and are actively making their way through the extremely complex, near impossible clues. Unlike us, who have nothing to go on.

I swear, if this involves some waiting game like invasions or Darkmoon Faire where if we don't figure it out in time we have to wait until it comes around again, I'm gonna be so freaking angry.

Blizzard, we are not the secret finding discord!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

At this point, I am fairly confident that this is meant to be a secret. And like all secrets created by Muffinus, there are no clues or hints given. The first step has to be found by those involved. The Secret Finders are making a lot of progress on the Hivemind due to them having literal thousands of people searching. If that many people were working on the Crawgs, we'd probably have them by now.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So, hunters are expected to find something as well hidden as the Hive Mind, despite having somewhat different resources? The secret finding community only works because of well...literally a hive mind. We just don't' have that and probably never will, as it's only relevant to one class.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:So, hunters are expected to find something as well hidden as the Hive Mind, despite having somewhat different resources? The secret finding community only works because of well...literally a hive mind. We just don't' have that and probably never will, as it's only relevant to one class.
Probably not as well hidden, but still hidden and still requiring cooperation in order to find it.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Yes, probably not as well hidden, but just as frustrating to find that first step, especially when we don't have thousands of puzzle-loving minds behind us all actively searching for hours and days on end. I think between all the searching Hunters we can safely say it's not a random drop from Nazmir mobs? Thousands upon thousands of mobs have been killed with nothing to show for it, and even if it was a teeny drop chance, you'd think after nearly 5 days someone would have gotten it by now.

I don't mind a search. I don't care if this thing is invisible and wanders around Nazmir and we have to flare every square inch of that damn bog to find it. I'm cool with that! Just let us know where to start at least. I mean honestly, at this point we have nearly the entire game to search if all we have to go on is the flavour text from the tome. Zul is associated with multiple factions over several expansions. I mean, we can assume we're restricted to BfA. We can assume we're only supposed to look in the Horde zones, but in the end, there are so many rabbit holes we can go down based on the tome and the Wowhead information on it (there are several spells associated to it).

Have there been other secret pets where we've been given absolutely no information and just told to go find it?

It almost feels like Blizz is mad at us and trying to teach us some sort of lesson so we'll never ask for pets ever again. :lol:
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Teigan wrote:So, hunters are expected to find something as well hidden as the Hive Mind, despite having somewhat different resources? The secret finding community only works because of well...literally a hive mind. We just don't' have that and probably never will, as it's only relevant to one class.
Probably not as well hidden, but still hidden and still requiring cooperation in order to find it.
In my opinion, it's a little bit annoying that all of these things nowadays are expected to be riddles, hard to track stuff, etc.

I get that a challenge to earn this stuff is fun, but there's also times where I just want to enjoy a new addition for what it is and not hope that a bunch of people luck on the (usually totally random) answer.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I personally miss Pet challenges simply being a tracking challenge or something like the three spirit Porcupines.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I personally miss Pet challenges simply being a tracking challenge or something like the three spirit Porcupines.
Yeah, those were cool.

This stuff just feels way too arbitrary. If we had a cool questline to earn the ability to tame blood beasts, that'd be more interesting to me than essentially bruteforcing it by having a lot of people do a lot of random stuff all over the world.

That said, I spoke to some people on the secret finding Discord and a staff member of the server mentioned that after the Hivemind is solved, if by then the Blood Beast conundrum is still not solved, then they'll make it into an official secret to hunt whereas currently, discussion of the Blood Beasts is still relegated to the hunter pets channel.

They just don't want to divide efforts too much. Chances are most people would continue to focus on the Hivemind anyway.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That would be cool. Should do the same thing for Kunchongs and Dread Ravens.

That's understandable. At the very least we know that we'll have their aid once the Hivemind is solved, assuming we haven't found it by then. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess if it was a regular questline, one of us would have found the breadcrumb quest by now. :/

This is unlikely to be the solution, but has anyone checked out the original Blood God, Hakkar? :).