Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shoonasasi

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Over 40 solves of Zandalar archaeology since Tuesday and nothing yet. I read the wiki page on Zul and he's associated with a lot of stuff, factions from multiple expansions. I hope that at least they've confined this puzzle to BfA zones.

I've also been killing crawgs, blood trolls, blood tick thingies, and searched around the loa frog area for anything clickable (mousing over all those darn teeny frogs was fun) but nothing yet. A tiny, honest clue would be nice. I mean, it literally could be anything, and I'm not lore-savvy enough to think of any weird obscure reference. I'm starting to think I should methodically wander through Nazmir casting flare in the crawg areas to see if there's anything hidden. I feel like I'm wasting my time on something that's not going to pan out, but I don't really know what else to do other than wait for people smarter than me to figure it out, but man I really want to try and help find it.
Halyon
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Halyon »

I have a nagging suspicion it's an island expedition thing...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I retraced a few of Zul's locations up to his death, including where he fell and didn't find any sign of a dropped book.

After fighting Zul in Uldir, did anyone check his room for objects? Maybe something only a hunter can see? I didn't think to try it at the time. I only fought G'huun and Mythrax in LFR, not Normal, in case they may drop it. And has anyone been running Mythic Underrot? I have to try that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I searched Zul’s room after killing him on Normal and didn’t see anything.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

At first I was concerned this may be a Dazar raid drop, but that didn't really fit. The raid didn't have anything to do with blood trolls or Zul, especially compared to Uldir.

But then I realized the Dazar raid mail shoulders are Crawg skulls. I would hope that if this item isn't obtainable until the Season 2, they would say something. Then again, they have let some important things go unannounced until it went live, and this item is minor and easily overlooked. Its hard for me to feel confident about it either way.
Shoonasasi

Quiv wrote:I would hope that if this item isn't obtainable until the Season 2, they would say something. Then again, they have let some important things go unannounced until it went live, and this item is minor and easily overlooked. Its hard for me to feel confident about it either way.
Muffinus knows the Hunters are actively searching for this. One would hope he would have said if it wasn't in yet instead of watching us run around like idiots desperately searching for something that isn't there. I hope Blizzard is above that level of intentional asshattery.

What would be nice is a proper clue to help us out. We've got basically nothing to go on. Obscure anagrams and references are for community secret mounts, not a Hunter pet. In my humble opinion anyway. I don't mind working for it, but aligning the sun, moon and stars and searching for clues in lore isn't my thing just to tame a cosmetic pet.

That being said, off I go to search Nazmir for clues!
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

On the thought of Zul's presence in other expansions and archeology, I went to check out Lorewalker Cho's area in the Vale, as he has a whole speech about Zul. I doubt anything is there, but I'm going to sit through his troll related talks, just to see

Edit: nothing. Gonna go look in some other libraries for a book.
Last edited by Teigan on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Muffinus has said that he won’t ever give clues in his tweets, so unless he changes his mind then I can’t see that happening :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sent in a Ticket asking if the Tome is actually obtainable. According to the GM, it is out there somewhere.
Shoonasasi

Valnaaros wrote:Sent in a Ticket asking if the Tome is actually obtainable. According to the GM, it is out there somewhere.
Thanks for that! At least we know it's in the game. Ugh, it could be sooo many places!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Valnaaros wrote:Sent in a Ticket asking if the Tome is actually obtainable. According to the GM, it is out there somewhere.
I personally take that with a grain of salt.
Anyone else still bitter about MoP when Blizzard said "Oh yeah, Sha mount is in the loot table, dont worry, it's just super rare!"
And then like 2 months later they were like "Oh shit sorry we actually forgot to activate it :)))))"

Siggy under construction!

Shoonasasi

Bowno wrote:I personally take that with a grain of salt.
Anyone else still bitter about MoP when Blizzard said "Oh yeah, Sha mount is in the loot table, dont worry, it's just super rare!"
And then like 2 months later they were like "Oh shit sorry we actually forgot to activate it :)))))"
No no, not this time. I didn't just waste the last 45 hours digging my way through the middle of Azeroth for nothing. It's out there somewhere. We will find it. It's there. It's there....right? :cry:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Bowno wrote:
I personally take that with a grain of salt.
That's true. I'm not fully trusting the GM (not because he is lying but because they may not know if it is actually working/implemented). This happened a lot during Legion: Arms Hidden Artifact, various toys, particular xmogs, etc. GMs or Blues confirmed that they were implemented and working when, in reality, they either weren't in the game or weren't working.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

GMs dont know anymore than we do.

They also thought the Sporonite Bomb was in game.

Then the devs hotfixed it in weeks after launch.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Myzou wrote:

I'm aware, I'm just posting the response that I got. :)
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

There is a Q&A on the 14the, Lets spam it to get confirmation or maybe even a clue.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myzou wrote:

This is why secrets are a problem. They're great if they're done right, but my faith in Blizzard's quality control right now is not exactly high. I'm worried we are wasting our time looking for something that doesn't exist.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ligewolf wrote:There is a Q&A on the 14the, Lets spam it to get confirmation or maybe even a clue.
I don't think he'll give us a clue, but it can't hurt to ask. Confirmation that it's in game should be easy enough, though, as it's something Ion could probably answer without the out-of-touch trolls that run Activision marketing threatening to castrate him. I'm pretty certain it's in the game, though, but I haven't asked directly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I tried farming the blood droplet mobs and searching in treasures around the zone, but found nothing. I also farmed rares for a bit. A game is supposed to be fun and not frustrating it's like that secret finding nonsense they should keep it out of the core gameplay and just to those who actively want to do it for separate rewards.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I was thinking about this last night and the other secret tames we had Gara and the direhorns with the dires it was a book in the same area dino land that let us tame them and Gara it sent us on a tour so to speak of WOD zones which got me thinking if they do the same thing it can't be in an instance because not everyone does those even LFR so why would Blizzard make those who don't like those suffer. I know the mounts took us into some old content stuff like the unicorn but I think pets are in a ways different not everyone cares as much about mounts as hunter pets.

Part of me thinks it is on troll land somewhere like taming the cats on Argus it was in that one zone but crappy drop rate for the meat maybe this is same way.