Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Krauth »

I made a post on the forums, about how bad blizzard design and decisions over secret stuff have been. I know this isn`t the place to put it, but my frustration with the tome is just too big.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ouch/57371
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Dawne »

I have no issue with locking a unique beast appearance behind a raid, which Blizzard has done in the past. For example, hunters can tame devilsaurs outside of a raid, but not Thok the Bloodthirsty, with his unique look. What I don't agree with is locking the ability to tame an entire beast family behind a raid. An idea would be to have Blizzard keep the raid as a "quick" tome acquisition method but also implement a quest line, which would take time to complete, as an alternative to raiding for the tome. That would satisfy both the raiding and the non-raiding hunters.
Skurn
Realm: Kazzak

Unread post by Skurn »

So, joined a pug zul normal, tome dropped for all the hunters in the raid. Win win.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Oh boy time for a story and a great one to!

So made a group on group finder to get the tome got all the way to zul then the leader decide Hey you suck at the game so have a bad Christmas Dumb[insertwordicantsay]!

I hope everyone gets there tome cuz i'm really pissed off at the moment :evil:

Next time i do zul i'm staying as leader so this wont happen again and i hope he/she gets banned for being stupid.

Sorry i sound angry i wanted to get this done before Christmas but nooooooooo he/she had to say your dps is bad so get kicked.

Anyways Merry Christmas and happy new year. Now if you excuse me im going to try and enjoy the rest of my day. God dammit!
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Oh great, there's another thing we get to worry about, getting kicked at Zul.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

YEP ITS SEEM EVERY MORON CANT UNDERSTAND WE NEED CRAWGS AND NO [insertbadword] SHERLOCK
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

So I guess everything I came up with in the end was false haha, me having that dream and then seeing necromancy mentioned everywhere I looked, I was 100% sure it was to do with raising the pet you have the toad from the dead via blood magic or at the very least troll necromancers which I happened to run into last night to well troll me haha. It was something as simple as an all hunter raid... can’t say I was impressed when I read that, after all that time I had also been kind of right when I said to mum “it’s probably right under our noses.”

Regardless of the disappointment, I got into a blood tome named raid, did every boss up to Zul, it’s suddenly like everyone forgot how to fight Zul as we wiped for hours. At I think 7pm we finally downed him and I was having a greatly hard time focusing on anything in the game I was so incredibly tired, blurry vision even. He had actually almost beaten us again but there was enough “hunters” left alive to kill him, including me so I can be proud of that XD.

The tome is account bound thank goodness. I had logged into my twink 111 and I was still standing in my usual place when I was looking for the tome, where the crawgs and blood slimes are, I pressed on him and pressed tame, thinking it wouldn’t work, but Lo and Behold it did! so at least one good thing came out of this shyt lol.

Good luck to everyone else who still needs the tome, I hope you get into a group who can down him and good luck to the guys who got kicked before the fight, I hope there is less of that going forward.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Had to run three separate pugs on normal to get the tome, every time the group would get to Zul it fell apart. On the final attempt the raid leader left but a Hunter took over, but they ended up being a snob, it was me and five other hunters we just zerged Zul down, and as soon as he was dead all the hunters bailed out. If hunters keep just quitting after Zul I see pugs not inviting Hunters just for that reason. Blizzards little experiment is becoming a big mess.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Just got my tome! Ended up pugging a normal and aside from things falling apart at Ghuun, it went wonderfully. I'm off to tame a crawg. Merry Crawgmas! I was pleased to note, also, that all but one of the other hunters stayed with the group after Zul. I'm worried that if hunters bail alot after Zul, it will not make us look too good. So don't bail, guys.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Congrats to all who's gotten their tomes! Sorry to hear some of you are having/have had a hard time with it tho.

Merry F'in' Christmas to non-raiders tho. GG, Blizz. I'll be trying to catch either a Learning Raid from Perky Pugs or hopefully a tome run from the Secrets Discord at some point.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Am i the only one who saw the blood beasts can be tamed now, thought i could just go tame one and not do it cuz i just dont care anymore since i cant change my pets spec anymore? Its another Tenacity pet which means ill never use it cuz i use Ferocity pets 90% of the time for bloodlust.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I dread trying to pug this on normal. I left raiding on purpose. And I can see hunters being denied pugs because so many leave after getting the tome, which I had full intention of doing because I have zero interest in going further. Yet that's not very nice to the other people in the raid. What did the designers of this expect? It's going to be a crapshoot for everyone involved and hunters will end up with worse reps. Bah, just unbelievable.

I just hope a 367 ilvl will be enough to even get in one. I wonder if a lockout can be saved @ zul the way they did for the purple bird and argus kills.

Edit: well 4 groups later and finally got in one that basically zerged it. Was in a pug of about 20, 5 of which were hunters. 4 stayed for Mythrax and Ghuun, surprisingly. That was nice to see.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Xcreeping wrote:Am i the only one who saw the blood beasts can be tamed now, thought i could just go tame one and not do it cuz i just dont care anymore since i cant change my pets spec anymore? Its another Tenacity pet which means ill never use it cuz i use Ferocity pets 90% of the time for bloodlust.
No mages or shamans in your raids? I run Tenacity most of the time, but always have Ferocity available.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Xcreeping wrote:Am i the only one who saw the blood beasts can be tamed now, thought i could just go tame one and not do it cuz i just dont care anymore since i cant change my pets spec anymore? Its another Tenacity pet which means ill never use it cuz i use Ferocity pets 90% of the time for bloodlust.
No mages or shamans in your raids? I run Tenacity most of the time, but always have Ferocity available.
They usually dont pop it unless told to or dont know when to pop it so i say fuck it and just keep a ferocity pet out.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

if im in a group w a mage or shaman i immediately change to a pet i want to play w instead. before us it was their job lol

signature by spiritbinder
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

UPDATE Got the book now im very happy that i wont have to do it ever again since its shared with all hunters
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Looking for Dreadtick Leachers in this variant that's listed for them: Image

I find that they're all this variant instead:

If I recall doing the burning quest, maybe they turned white when burnt? - regardless had to go elsewhere for the purple variant.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Wish me luck, just got a pug finally XD

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage