Really weird Abandon Pet bug

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Really weird Abandon Pet bug

Unread post by Sesamee »

So I went to Darkshore to find a new cat to tame. I forgot to leave an empty pet spot so I abandoned my raptor as it would've been the easiest pet on me to get back. I tame the cat I want (they're so awesome!) then I go back to the stables to check out the new model of tallstrider and I put the new cat in the stable, get out the tallsrider, go to get the cat back and it changed into the raptor I abandoned. Thinking maybe it was just an icon bug I summoned it and yep it was the raptor I abandoned to make room to tame the cat. The new cat was nowhere in my stable.

I log out, log back in, and the raptor is still in one of the 5 pet slots on me but in the stables in place of where the raptor was is the new cat. WTF?? So yay for not having to go tame the raptor again? But that is just weird!!!

And yes I'm 110% sure it was the raptor I abandoned. So odd. I noticed Darkshore was very buggy while doing the new questline there so this just must be another bug.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Really weird Abandon Pet bug

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

The game didn’t register you abandoning the raptor. Abandon him again, relog, and eventually your stable will populate with the cat. If you don’t do this, it’ll be a continual problem.

Edited to add: don’t tame any new pet until the cat shows up :) it’s there, you just can’t see it because your stable has one pet too many.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

The cat is there. The cat showed up after I relogged. The raptor definitely "went away" when I abandoned it or how else could I have tamed the cat with 5 full pet slots on me. It just showed up back in the stables afterwards. I guess she was all nah i'm not getting abandoned and ran back home?? lmao
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

The next day the raptor disappeared from my stable. Very delayed!! So now to go tame it back!
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

Numerous times ,here also .somber Dawn -Blue Wolf -pft anything .1st slot or last only .