8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289596/bat ... pers-notes
• New quests and questlines focused on Magni, Hati, and the eight non-gathering primary Professions
There's not too much info yet, but it sounds like something's underway for Hati. :) Really happy for all those hunters who were missing him!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Bowno »

Don't get too excited, folks. I could easily see this turning into quite the heart wrencher!

But it's neat that they're doing something like this. I figured since Legion was done and finished, we'd never see anything of Hati again.
Though... I hope we're not getting Hati back. Dealt with her enough in Legion :l Maybe she's in obedience school now!

Siggy under construction!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm really excited and I don't care if it's too early (even if it comes back to haunt me lol), I really really really want Hati back. Hati was the only pet I've had since Wrath that I super connected with other than my main pet. :D :D :D

Vephriel

The mechanics of Hati didn't appeal to me very much, but I do hope they give hunters an option to retame him (or his puppies, or something along those lines) for those that miss him and would like to have that model back. That's what I'd like to see from this quest chain, and hopefully a bit of resolution to what happened to him. Hati felt more personal than just a weapon as he was a living companion so he feels deserving of some sort of proper ending.

I do like the story behind him, I just didn't like being forced to have 2 pets (one that I couldn't name). I'm sure plenty of hunters became attached to him though and I'm curious to see what they have in mind for this.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Agreed. Though, now that 2 pets option exists as a talent (Animal Companion), no one's forced to deal with 2 pets if they don't want to. If (again, if) Hati is returned as a tameable pet again through this chain, I think it's a good compromise for all hunters: those that want Hati as a singular pet, those who want to run with 2 pets, those who just want a proper closure, and those who want nothing to do with Hati lol

Vephriel

Absolutely! It would be the perfect compromise and a great way to re-introduce those models (hopefully some of the colour variants as well, because it's a shame to lose those permanently now that they're gone), but even if it's just the "base" Hati at least that's something. :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

inb4 unlocking Hati requires an all hunter raid hearth when heroic Jaina is at exactly 37% while no one in the raid is wearing pants (IRL and in game).

Seriously tho, this seems very interesting. Putting a quest line out in the open hopefully means no weird secrets that go untested. Very curious to see what their plans are!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Being a questline to get him I don't see this as a forced two pet thing it will be like how we got Gara and he will be stand alone best part is being a quest those who didn't like him can ignore the quest.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Keeping in mind what they did with Xal'atath, I don't think we should assume this means we get Hati back. Priests didn't get their knaifu back. She got all snarky and ran off, as I would expect from her. I also don't want Hati back as a mechanic/talent/whatever. I grew extremely fond of Hati, to be sure. I miss him sometimes. If he were tameable, I'd tame him and he'd sit with the other spirit beasts in my stable. What I want most of all is an ending to his story and I really want it to be a happy one, where he went home to Storm Peaks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That’s true, Teigan. This is not confirmation that we’ll be getting Hati back, but that we will learned what happened to him. Hati was connected to Titanstrike, so it is possible that he was corrupted by the power of Sargeras’s sword.

Though I suspect that there will probably be some way for Hunters to reacquire the Hati skins, such as his pups as has been suggested before.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

My wish is, due to the iffy shenanigans that happened to Titanstrike, Hati had been replicated into various versions of itself and we get to tame the versions depending on the appearance of Titanstrike we have unlocked in our account.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Going by some datamined text, Hati was destroyed when Titanstrike was corrupted. However, it looks like Mimiron has a way of reforming Hati and has called us to Ulduar to do that.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm sure all we'll have to do is a heroic raid of all hunters :roll:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have no personal interest in getting Hati back as a pet, but I'd love to do a Hati questline. Nice of blizzard to offer closure.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Might be a unique appearance for him. Though with the way that it looks, they'll make Hati into a transmog :/
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Might be a unique appearance for him. Though with the way that it looks, they'll make Hati into a transmog :/
Yeah. Sounds a bit weird to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Part of the Hati questline is available on the ptr. You go with Brann to speak with Mimiron regarding Hati and what happened to him. Mimiron runs some tests and finds that Hati was killed in Silithus and that his essence is now split in two and located in places where he have personal sacrifice: Storm Peaks and Silithus.

You go with Brann to meet with Thorim and, with his help, are able to find Hati. However, Hati’s Essence is confused and aggressive when you find him. After fighting him, you use the Thunderspark (Titanstrike’s power source) to calm him and absorb him into it. Mimiron shows up and you give him back the Thunderspark.

The quest ends there but you unlock Hati as a tame.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Valnaaros wrote:Part of the Hati questline is available on the ptr. You go with Brann to speak with Mimiron regarding Hati and what happened to him. Mimiron runs some tests and finds that Hati was killed in Silithus and that his essence is now split in two and located in places where he have personal sacrifice: Storm Peaks and Silithus.

You go with Brann to meet with Thorim and, with his help, are able to find Hati. However, Hati’s Essence is confused and aggressive when you find him. After fighting him, you use the Thunderspark (Titanstrike’s power source) to calm him and absorb him into it. Mimiron shows up and you give him back the Thunderspark.

The quest ends there but you unlock Hati as a tame.
This seems awfully familiar and I know why going back through my twitter when we first lose Hati I had sent a tweet to someone in Blizzard giving an idea how we get him back and though not the same this is close to how I asked for it.

"How about a Gara type of quest to tame Hati. After we lose our gun his essences scatter across Azeroth and it is up to us to find them and return to the one guy. Once done he empowers the true Hati making him a spirit beast pet like Gara for us to tame".

That was what I wrote on my twitter to them for this to be the way is so cool and I am grateful we get our lovable storm mutt again.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

What color Hati is it? The base one? I really would like to see the brown, as that was my favorite.