Kul Tiran and Zandalari hunters' pets guessing game.

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kul Tiran and Zandalari hunters' pets guessing game.

Unread post by pop »

My guess
- Kul Tiran hunter starts off with a Red parrot
- Zandalari troll hunter will start with a green Zandalari Raptor.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Kul Tiran and Zandalari hunters' pets guessing game.

Unread post by Bowno »

Hoping Kul has a wicker beast of some kind.
Troll would be fun to have a direhorn.. But since those require a tome, maybe one of those compies!

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Currently they do not have their correct pets. KTs have the DI's Darkhound and Zandalaris have the Nightborne's manasaber.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Looking at past special pets, I hold pretty low hopes for good things on both sides.

Void Elf got a Void Stalker (unique).
Dark Iron Dwarves got a Fiery Brown Darkhound (unique).
Nightborne got a cat version of the Blue Mana Saber (100% downgrade, sadly).

Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei didn't get anything nice when they came out, and the Maghar Orcs just got a bland wolf. Because of this, I suspect the Kul Tiran hunters will get a bland pet like an easily obtained hawk from Drustvar or Tiragarde Sound, while Zandalari Trolls will start off with something magnificent like an armored Zandalari Raptor, Direhorn. I would say Pterrordax or Devilsaur, but the pet's gotta be usable regardless of spec I would imagine. Horde hunters are WELL overdue for a good unique hunter pet, especially considering how the Nightborne pet was a drastic downgrade. I don't WANT them to get sweet armored pets since I want to tame them on my main, but they deserve something nice since the Horde is objectively getting all the worst stuff this expansion.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

WerebearGuy wrote:... the Horde is objectively getting all the worst stuff this expansion.
Hello, I have a large selection horses and gryphons in varying shades of grey and brown I would like to show you.

;) :lol:

I would guess one of the new falcons or hawks for Kul'tirans, based on the falconers in Drustvar. Those are the only Kul'tiran pets that come to mind, other than dogs. It would be cool if it were the little border collie type dog, though!

Raptor seems like the obvious choice for Zandalari.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would say Pterrordax or Devilsaur, but the pet's gotta be usable regardless of spec I would imagine.
They could still give them one of those and just make it a unique Pterrodax or Devilsaur that can be used by any spec, much like they did with the Nightborne's manasaber.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:
I would say Pterrordax or Devilsaur, but the pet's gotta be usable regardless of spec I would imagine.
They could still give them one of those and just make it a unique Pterrodax or Devilsaur that can be used by any spec, much like they did with the Nightborne's manasaber.
But Nightborne manasabres are cats, unlike the other tameable versions which are spirit beasts.

How can either devilsaur or pterrodax be in non exotic group? As raptors? Lizards?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

WerebearGuy wrote:Looking at past special pets, I hold pretty low hopes for good things on both sides.

Void Elf got a Void Stalker (unique).
Dark Iron Dwarves got a Fiery Brown Darkhound (unique).
Nightborne got a cat version of the Blue Mana Saber (100% downgrade, sadly).

Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei didn't get anything nice when they came out, and the Maghar Orcs just got a bland wolf. Because of this, I suspect the Kul Tiran hunters will get a bland pet like an easily obtained hawk from Drustvar or Tiragarde Sound, while Zandalari Trolls will start off with something magnificent like an armored Zandalari Raptor, Direhorn. I would say Pterrordax or Devilsaur, but the pet's gotta be usable regardless of spec I would imagine. Horde hunters are WELL overdue for a good unique hunter pet, especially considering how the Nightborne pet was a drastic downgrade. I don't WANT them to get sweet armored pets since I want to tame them on my main, but they deserve something nice since the Horde is objectively getting all the worst stuff this expansion.
I do hope zandalari gets golden armored raptors. Like the collecters edition mount.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Good point, but if Blizz wanted to give them a devilsaur or a Pterrodax, they could just put them in either of those families (since they are the closest fit). That being said, I agree with what has been said before that they will probably get a ravasaur (raptor).
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Yeah, raptor makes sense for the Zandalari, but there's lots of potential choices for the Kultherians, some better than others..
Beastmon
Realm: Mazrigos-EU

Unread post by Beastmon »

Considering the horde already has a race that starts with a raptor and as different types of raptors aren't really that visually different I doubt Zandalari will get those as it'll make them way to similar to the normal trolls. I think they will be similar in a way to gnomes/goblins, in that they will already start with 'special' pet family already learned, aka the tome of Dinomancy.

After all the tome itself drops off of Zandalari mobs, so it would be strange for them not to already start with it's knowledge. As the pet in question cant be a BM specific that leaves us with Direhorns, So my bet is for them to start with one of those (either the brownish/yellowish or the green one, with my bet being on the former)

For Kul Tirans I'm leaning towards the parrot, Alliance already have 2 dog starting races (both of which are vastly different in appearance) and the Kul Tiran dogs use the same model as Worgans so definatly wont be those, I doubt it would be the new lizards they tend to be more of a Zandalar fixture (my bet is if Vulpera do become an AR then they will either get the lizard or a vulture) and Krolusk are BM only which leaves them with Parrots (not to mention their connection to the whole nautical theme)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For Kul Titans - horses, obviously! :lol: Seriously, probably a falcon, since hounds are already used and there aren’t any new hound models. The wicker beasts would be nice, though.

For Zandalari, I’d like to see the armoured devilsaur finally used, e.g.
Image Image
(There are too many possible combos to post here, but see the devilsaur family page for all of them)

Another possibility is stone direhorns! We still haven’t seen any tameable versions of those.
Image Image Image Image

Armoured direhorns would also be different and work:
Image Image Image Image Image
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I guess it’s a Direhorn, they can have the skill instantly learned just like gnomes and goblins mechanical tameability learned when the character is made. Since Direhorns are not exotic, they can just be given to Zandalari trolls
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

worgpower wrote:I guess it’s a Direhorn, they can have the skill instantly learned just like gnomes and goblins mechanical tameability learned when the character is made. Since Direhorns are not exotic, they can just be given to Zandalari trolls
I'm all for it but make it the armored laser firing version from the quest.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Another possibility is stone direhorns! We still haven’t seen any tameable versions of those.
Image Image Image Image
Me if this expansion doesn't have tameable versions of stone direhorns at some point

They're so freaking perfect. They would be neat Zandalari starter pets too.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'd guess either a Wicker Beast (while introducing a new family) or a Falcon/Parrot.

Then zandalari with a Direhorn (while starting with the ability to tame them) or an Ankylodon or one of the new Dino Cats.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’d love to see wicker beasts tameable too, but I’m doubtful they should be the default KT pet. They’re pretty much exclusively an evil Drust/witch thing and would seem strange as the thing all KTs start with. I know KT Druids have wicker forms but there’s a very specific reason for that. I’d prefer the taming of wicker beasts to be linked to the Order of Embers somehow.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

I think falcons for KT and direhorns for ztrolls.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Any pet updates on the ptr?
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Falcon or hawk for KT sounds about right. Unlikely but possible might be an albatross, hermit crab or one of those new sea serpent eel things. Wickerbeasts or thornbeasts would be too much.

For Zandalari, I'd expect a ravasaur, but possibly a saurid, ankylodon, diemetradon, or saurolisk. If they decide to start them off with dinomancy, then direhorns seem like a guarantee.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com