8.1.5: Void Stalkers now Warp Stalkers

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

8.1.5: Void Stalkers now Warp Stalkers

Unread post by Wain »

The Void Elf starting pet, the Void Stalker, is now classified as a Warp Stalker. Previously it had an entire pet family to its own just so it could have a different name.

I think the intent is that, with the new code that allows tamed pets to retain their original names, the VE pet could be named "Void Stalker" without having to create a special family just for the name. But right now it's named "Warp Stalker", which I suspect that may change in a later build.

Attachments
voidstalkerchange.png
voidstalkerchange.png (822.11 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: 8.1.5: Void Stalkers now Warp Stalkers

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Well that's a horrible news. Void Stalker is Tenacity while Warp Stalker is Cunning. If they remove the Void Stalker family then that means Void Elves won't be able to use them in dungeons and raids while having the Tenacity benefits. I really hope they go back on this change.
ImageImage
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It was pretty dumb that they removed Warp Stalkers from Tenacity when they're literally lizards from space, but yeah, Void Elves are losing a useful pet for an incredibly useless one. Warp Stalkers need to be Tenacity, and I can't believe I forgot they got ruined.

Justice for reject elves!
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Maybe this means they are adding a tamable version of the skin.