Pet-related differences between Classic and BfA

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Pet-related differences between Classic and BfA

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I’m curious to see it we get EOTB back :P

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Ditto, seeing as they kept saying we couldn't have it back because of the new (horrid) pet AI, I too am hoping we get it and the old pet AI back. :| :mrgreen:

Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lamiara »

Rawr wrote:Ditto, seeing as they kept saying we couldn't have it back because of the new (horrid) pet AI, I too am hoping we get it and the old pet AI back. :| :mrgreen:
I hope you're joking.
EotB was a part of the vanilla talent tree, so if they are somehow too incompetent to add EotB, they would have to mess with the talent trees as a result.

If they do that, they might just as well tweet a #wechangeeverythinglawl and call it FrankenWoW instead of Classic.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Huston we have a problem, the pet AI is not the old one. :| Atleast Tallsriders have their old skeleton and animations back, EotB, no jump animation :lol: :mrgreen:

Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Pets used to keep their own buffs. Has anyone confirmed this for classic? I remember taking different pets out to get the world buffs like ZG, Onyxia and other buffs (scrolls and player buffs like fort) and then stuffing them in the stables until raid time. They kept their own timers and it paused them while they were in there. I was very sad when they took that away... :(
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Pets had different chasing speeds, meaning that some of them just ran faster than others.

Most prominent examples were the Frostwolf of Alterac valley, with a chase speed of 240% and the Zul'Gurub bats, with a 210% chase speed. Some of them ran at the same pace (or slightly lower) than an epic mount at 200%. Most ran at the speed of a normal mount, at 160%

IIRC, Mania wrote that she tested the speed via Eyes of the Beast and running them in the Salt flats in Thousand needles, then using a chronomether to see how long they took them to run the entire track.

Will this page be back in Petopia Classic?

I remember this very well because in my hunter I LOVED to use the ZG bat to run after people with epic mounts and use Intimidate so my teammates would fry them alive.

Other small mistake was that the Deviate Dreadfang was available at level 19 in Wailing Caverns, I know because twink hunter had one at 19.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Classic will be based off of patch 1.12 I think someone said. All chase speeds have been normalized by this point so no fast pets. I did have a Frostwolf back in the day though, definitely the fastest of the pursuit speed pets, those were good times. ;)

I just don't know if personal pet buffs were already removed by patch 1.12.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, there probably won't be any differences in pursuit speed. The attack speed differences are on the site and almost certainly will exist in Classic. There's about 40 pets that I have no data for, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

I feel it will be nice to see the "Rare" tames back that have been removed. I still have my Murderous Blisterpaw Hyena, though he his now the same as any orange hyena. I also do remember when I first tamed Takk the Leaper, he was really fast.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

OK - I didn't think that the training points business came in until BC? Or at least very late on in vanilla.