Uploadin' stuff

Saturo

Uploadin' stuff

Unread post by Saturo »

When I was rummaging around in the usersettings, I stumbled upon a list of files I've uploaded, with the option of deleting them. Now, my question is, is there a limit to how much each user can upload? Also, will files be saved permanently, or just for a month/two months/half a year? Basically, I'm wondering if it's safe for me to upload my signature in a post, and then use the server-get code behind my Img tags?

Also, I'm totally not suggesting limiting the upload capabilities, tough if you feel that I'm pushing the limits, please let me know. I go crazy around "teh webz", even tough I'm usually quite a quiet person IRL.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Uploadin' stuff

Unread post by Karathyriel »

As far as I know, the server Mania uses has a certain limit right now but she can add more webspace if neccesary.
When I started to delete pictures on my own webspace, she offered me to upload stuff to the forum.
Untill now, she hasn't complained about webspace so I guess, it's still OK to go on.

I'm not realy sure about this, but I once had one of those ready-made, free forums.
It was set up in a way that it would delete every thread and any files uploaded in this thread, that wasn't touched for 30 days.

Maybe she did that too, but I honestly doubt that.
Mania has got a big heart not only for pets (breathing as well as digital) but for us hunter nerds too... :lol:
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Please feel free to upload your signature as an attachment and then reference it that way. So far as I can tell by looking at the phpBB settings, there is no per-user limitations and attached files will never be automatically deleted. I have 5GB total set aside on the server for uploads, which should be plenty for now.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
*Accidentally deleted folder containing signatures yesterday*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.