Sigs are too big...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Sigs are too big...

Unread post by Slickrock »

I know this will probably create a firestorm, but....

Is there a way to enforce some type of limit on the sizes of sig graphics? They are getting out of control. My real gripe about this is when I am browsing on my mobile devices, not only am I paying for each 500kb graphic that is on each sig, but it makes loading each page quite slow, and often unreadable.

The ideal solution would be to load a style sheet for mobile devices that would hide the sig block.

I don't care about the sigs when I'm on my desktop computer, but on mobile devices they are getting annoyingly large and expensive.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sigs are too big...

Unread post by Wassa »

A quick fix for this is to turn off signatures, which is under Board preferences -> Edit display options in your user control panel.

Although I do see some people that have sigs over the 800 pixels wide and 300 pixels high limit or with more than one picture in their sig. I hate to call them out because I'm not a moderator, but when your picture in your sig is bigger than you post it's a bit ridiculous. I know this forum is a bit lax with sig images. I'm used to many other forums I've been on having a max sig image size 400x200 or smaller.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, I turned them off for when I'm logged in, but that turns them off for my desktop as well, which isn't where the problem is.

But when I'm not logged in, the forums are painful on my BB.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I was browsing phpbb add-ons the other day and saw one that resizes both sigs and picture posts that are too big, and gives them a mouse-over magnifier if you want to see them full sized. If you can configure the sizes in it I'll see if I can get it installed here, with Mania's approval. She should be convalescing now, so I'm not sure how long before she's back in contact. Hopefully she's getting a lot of rest :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.